Worst Commander in Chief Ever?

Tim said: “So, Sree, in the “grand scheme of things” from your perspective it doesn’t seem to matter if T rump takes dictatorial power over the USA and makes decisions that elicit a civilization ending global thermonuclear war. It’s no big whoop, right? Not in the “grand scheme of things”.”

If what you fear does come to past, then we are toast. Seems to me you have given up on our republic and all the checks and balances put in place by our founding fathers. What do you propose? Support the coup? Do you think we are still living in the old wild west and you can pull out a gun at a poker game to shoot the other guy every time you are dealt a bad hand? What’s wrong with you?

From the rules

(e) “Trolling” is not allowed. This includes posting derogatory or inflammatory messages with the intent to bait an overheated response, as well as behavior that in the Moderators’ judgement is gratuitously argumentative, combative, or inflammatory with the apparent intent to prolong debate for its own sake rather than promote, defend, or critique a particular idea or point of view.

(f) Threads and posts are not allowed that in the opinion of Moderators are impolite, vulgar, nasty, uncivil, or otherwise disruptive to the good functioning of the either the Forum or to CFI’s mission. Free inquiry is only possible if we maintain civility. Abuse of forum members will not be permitted. In particular, abuse of Moderators for performing their responsibilities will not be permitted. What constitutes abuse will be determined by Moderators on a case-by-case basis, however in general it amounts to any racist, sexist, homo-sexist, threatening, harassing, or other personally offensive, vulgar or derogatory comments. Abuse would include so-called hate speech and fighting words.

Generally speaking, inflammatory, hyperbolic or overly emotive rhetoric is the sign of a troll and should be avoided on the CFI Forum

You’re wearing thin Sree. TimB asked you to defend your statement that making a difference is a delusion. Your response was to ask him what is wrong with him. This is “overly emotive”, as many of your posts are. Clean it up.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator

Citizen said: “Do you pay any attention to our planet and biosphere?”

No, I pay attention to my neck of the woods. Do you see anything wrong with our planet and biosphere?

Lausten said: “You’re wearing thin Sree.”

Ok, mod. Thanks for your guidance.

Tim said: “So, Sree, in the “grand scheme of things” from your perspective it doesn’t seem to matter if T rump takes dictatorial power over the USA and makes decisions that elicit a civilization ending global thermonuclear war. It’s no big whoop, right? Not in the “grand scheme of things”.”

Here is my revised reply. I don’t think our President will act out in the manner you say. We have a good President and a great country. I am proud to be an American and want to help him make America great again. Ok?

Sree: Support the coup?
That's interesting. What coup would that be?
We have a good President and a great country.
Trump has cheated hordes of people through various schemes.

Trump has cheated banks and tax agent by playing creative with valuing his assets - immoral and illegal

Trump made big big media bone by driving a false conspiracy theory doubted convince many simple people that Obama was illegitimate, and by the way, an uppity nig… that you need to fear. - Why does Trump get a free pass for such being such an amoral slug?

Trump has contempt for contracts and break them at will.

<i>Trump seems to only read comic books, hates history, and science, and studying.</i>

<i>“Russian if you are listening …”,</i>

<i>"China if you are listening ",</i>

<i>Saudi thank you for the cash all is well,</i>

<i>Me First, we are open for business.</i>

<i>A man who’s publicity campaign is built around photoshopped fantasy memes, with all their easy fixes. Fuk 'em all, burn baby burn.</i>

<i>Doesn’t the dependence on lies trigger any warning signals Sree?</i>

<i>Donald Trump has said 5276 false things as U.S. president By Daniel Dale, Washington Bureau Chief</i>

<i>https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/</i>

<i>https://www.bloomberg.com/features/trump-daily/#!</i>

Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest

https://sunlightfoundation.com/tracking-trumps-conflicts-of-interest/

Sunlight’s “Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest” project provides a free, searchable database detailing President Donald J. Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President of the United States. The project also documents news coverage of these potential conflicts. Read our reporting to stay current on related news, explore our database, and learn more about the project. As we continue to learn about the First Family’s business holdings, the database will be updated. To help with those updates, get involved by contacting us here. You can also contact us if you’re familiar with any of the conflicts we’re tracking.

Our Recent Reporting …

<i>You tell me this Trump is a good competent President what has you believing that?</i><i></i>

<i>What makes him good? That he has played wonderful diversion allowing the GOP to pack our courts with very extreme to downright crack pot judges, while lining the pockets of the richest. http://www.pfaw.org/report/confirmed-judges-confirmed-fears-the-devastating-harm-already-done-by-confirmed-trump-federal-judges/</i>
<i>Oh and we have people running the show who have convinced themselves that they are God Almighty's personal warriors. You don't think that's over the top?</i>

<i>What’s good, or hopeful, about trump’s disregard towards our nations laws and societal norms? </i>

<i>If you’re still wondering about my feelings,</i>

<i>Seems to me the only ones who could possibly love the trump are people who for whatever reasons wouldn’t mind seeing our government destroyed (or at least forced down small enough to drown in the bathtub - Grover Norquist ). I think these are people who are silly enough to have been tricked into thinking that perhaps anarchy might be a good thing. Comic Book thinking.</i>

I have actually seen people claim, without apparent irony, that he will go down in history as the greatest president we’ve ever had. I never have quite heard what it is, exactly, that makes him so great, but I get the impression it has something to do with “sticking it to all the foreigners”, more commonly refereed to as “racism”.

The other day, I watched episode 2 of “When They See Us”, the story of the Central Park 5. They show actual footage of Donald calling for the death penalty for those boys, calling them animals. Not too long after that, a facebook friend of mine, who has friends all along the political spectrum started up a thread. Someone on it said, “No one called Trump racist until he ran for President”. Someone else said Biden was withholding aid from Ukraine to get their prosecutor to stop investigating Burisma. There was no investigation of Burisma happening at that time. Biden was doing the opposite. These people live in opposite world.

Sree, said “I don’t think our President will act out in the manner you say. We have a good President and a great country. I am proud to be an American and want to help him make America great again. Ok?”

Why would T rump change how he has been acting out, his entire Presidency (entire life for that matter, except now he has more power to act out with)? We have the crappiest of crap Presidents. He is a person of pathetically poor character. He is a compulsive liar, and manipulator, who is concerned with looking good, but not concerned at all with bringing our nation together. He has made our populace more divided than since around Civil War times. He is also setting the stage for the diminution of our nation on the world stage. I have always been a patriotic American, but I am starkly ashamed of this POTUS. His campaign slogan is a lie. Our country is diminished by him. Ok?

Why are there people with Sree’s opinion of T rump? I think it is 1) Bcause objective truth is not highly valued by them, obviously , 2) They are responding to primordial urges to glorify and become betas to an alpha silverback tribal figure.

As a humanist who would rather have a world without wars, it is high time we stop making the President the Commander-in-Chief of the US Military. Martial skill is not an acumen we need for America’s CEO.
You’re basically right but it has nothing to do with martial skill.

The founders wanted a civilian Commander in Chief because they knew from history that when the leader of your country is a professional warrior then a military dictatorship is a big possibility.

Not to mention his active determination to undermine any hope the world might still have to pre-empt the worst ravages of climate change.

But that is just his crime against the ghosts of Christmas future. His ghosts of Christmas past and present, would have to work overtime to deal with his nastiness.

It’s too early to evaluate Trump’s job as CinC, though as of now he’s been pretty good. The military establishment is generally not trustworthy even on the best days so if they’re alarmed by Mr. Trump that’s probably a good thing.

thatotherguy said: “It’s too early to evaluate Trump’s job as CinC, though as of now he’s been pretty good.”

He is phenomenal and a quintessential American President replete with all the qualities of an indomitable yank! You seem to be the only one here corroborating my view of Trump’s job performance.

Tim said: “We have the crappiest of crap Presidents. He is a person of pathetically poor character. He is a compulsive liar, and manipulator, who is concerned with looking good, but not concerned at all with bringing our nation together.”

Bringing us together is not Trump’s responsibility. He is still an ordinary citizen like you and me. Sitting in the Oval Office does not confer him any power to lead us because we are not a nation of sheep. Americans, by nature, are fiercely independent. This is our cultural DNA.

T rump is and always has been ACTIVELY riling up his base to oppose any thing anti-T rump. Doing this is his only way of keeping power. He is no deal maker. He can now (after 3 yrs) control his Trumpublicans, but he doesn’t deal with them. He controls them (like sheep, sort of). But he demonizes all Americans who find him offensive. He is ACTIVELY dividing the populace because it benefits him politically. Is that his job, to F up America in any way necessary to expand his own power?

You are wrong Sree, Presidents have consistently been about bringing America together, as best they could, in times of crisis. Not T rump. His political opponents, that he lies about every day, and has cast as his persecutors and worse, will not be inclined to follow his lead even in a national crisis.

It is not “fiercely independent” to choose an alpha con man to be your “bull” who controls your every desire to submit to his BS without reservation, and to express your obsequious profoundly misguided loyalty. That is not fierce independence. Rather, I suspect it is a pathetic primordial urge to idolize the top gorilla.

Oneguy,

Please enlighten us as to your assertion that “The military establishment is generally not trustworthy even on the best days…”

I feel a little bad about comparing a gorilla to T rump.

Just by looking into his eyes, you can detect that this alpha, is of superior character to T rump.

How about comparing you to Trump, Tim? The gorilla will never make it in America let alone become a billionaire. Can you make a million dollars in one lifetime?