Trump worse than a National Security Threat?

Not only has Trump already shown us he’ll happily blab about National Security secrets, whether real or fabricated,
which actually makes it even scarier since it underscores the guy’s tenuous grip on reality.
Now there’s this

August 03, 2016, 08:26 am Scarborough: Trump asked adviser why US can't use nuclear weapons By Harper Neidig http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290217-scarborough-trump-asked-about-adviser-about-using-nuclear Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump asked a foreign policy adviser multiple times in an hourlong briefing why the U.S. Scarborough revealed the story while he was interviewing former CIA Director Michael Hayden on "Morning Joe" about Trump's campaign. “Several months ago, a foreign policy expert went to advise Donald Trump," Scarborough said. “And three times he asked about the use of nuclear weapons — three times he asked. At one point, ‘If we have them, why can’t we use them?’" “That’s one of the reasons why he doesn’t have foreign policy experts around him," Scarborough added. Trump’s presidential campaign said the anecdote is false.can’t use its nuclear weapons, MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough said Wednesday morning. ... Separately, the GOP nominee has refused to rule out using nuclear weapons in Europe or against extremists such as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS). "I don't want to take cards off the table; I'd never do that," Trump said in March.

You Have to Read This Amazing Tweetstorm by Jeb Bush’s National Security Adviser About Trump?
The former national security adviser for both Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney let loose this morning on the irresponsibility of giving Donald Trump the keys to nuclear warfare. John Noonan, a devout #NeverTrumper who is now a national security analyst and commentator, tweeted that electing Trump as president has consequences that threaten global peace. (Mother Jones)

1. I cant get this in one tweet. So bear with me as I air some laundry here on Scarborough's claim Trump's interested in nuclear First Use — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 2. Pulled 300 nuclear alerts, 100 ft under the Wyoming turf. Job is serious and full of serious people. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 3. When we went into ICBM training, we went through a battery of tests and interviews. Are you sane? Are you willing to turn your key? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 4. I see how those might sound at odds. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 5. But the whole idea behind nuclear deterrence is that you don't use the damn things. So I thought the mission credible and worthy. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 6. There are a hell of a lot of bad actors out there who have nukes. They are restrained only by our ability to instantly lay waste to them. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 7. The nuke triad, which Trump doesn't have a clue about, has been the single greatest contributor to global peace for decades. You heard me — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 8. I dont know if Scarborough is telling whole truth here. Anonymous sources suck. BUT... if he is... buckle the hell up. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 9. Because Trump would be undoing 6 decades of proven deterrence theory. The purpose of nukes is that they are never used. Trump disagrees? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 10. This would be the single greatest strategic shift in US national security in decades. In a Trump Presidency, our foreign policy — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 11. ....would be this. "Leave our alliances, fall back on a nuclear first use policy." Does he understand just how F'ing dangerous that is? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 12. But what really concerns me, as a former nuke guy, is the idea of a narcissist walking around with nuclear authenticators. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 13. I could sit 100ft underground, on alert, knowing that the POTUS would not make me do my duty -- not unless it was absolute last resort — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 14. But imagine having to turn launch keys not knowing if we were under attack or if it was b/c foreign leader said a mean thing on twitter — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 15. The power is there to kill millions. Permanently alter the geopolitical landscape. It is a sacred, sobering responsibility. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 16. Idea that nukes would be used, say over Raqqa or Mosul, simply because we have no more allies and it's a simple, easy fix is nauseating — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 17. Simply signaling that you're open to using strategic weapons as a tactical solution rewrites the rule book. Russia, China, others will — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 18. respond. Nuclear deterrence is about balance. Trump is an elephant jumping up and down on one side of the scale. So damn dangerous. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 19. But geopolitics aside, I can't get my mind off the young officers on nuke alert right now. Wondering if they'll soon answer to a madman. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 20. And be asked to do a duty that should morally be asked of no human being, ever. //end — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016
WIKI: John Noonan is a conservative national security commentator and analyst. He was the national security policy advisor to Jeb Bush during his presidential campaign, and foreign policy advisor and speechwriter for Mitt Romney in 2012.[1] He is a principal defense writer for The Weekly Standard and a former policy director of the Foreign Policy Initiative.[2][3] Noonan is a graduate of Fishburne Military School and the military history program at the Virginia Military Institute, where he also received his officer's commission in the United States Air Force.[3]
Who you gonna trust :blank:
You Have to Read This Amazing Tweetstorm by Jeb Bush's National Security Adviser About Trump? The former national security adviser for both Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney let loose this morning on the irresponsibility of giving Donald Trump the keys to nuclear warfare. John Noonan, a devout #NeverTrumper who is now a national security analyst and commentator, tweeted that electing Trump as president has consequences that threaten global peace. (Mother Jones)
1. I cant get this in one tweet. So bear with me as I air some laundry here on Scarborough's claim Trump's interested in nuclear First Use — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 2. Pulled 300 nuclear alerts, 100 ft under the Wyoming turf. Job is serious and full of serious people. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 3. When we went into ICBM training, we went through a battery of tests and interviews. Are you sane? Are you willing to turn your key? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 4. I see how those might sound at odds. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 5. But the whole idea behind nuclear deterrence is that you don't use the damn things. So I thought the mission credible and worthy. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 6. There are a hell of a lot of bad actors out there who have nukes. They are restrained only by our ability to instantly lay waste to them. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 7. The nuke triad, which Trump doesn't have a clue about, has been the single greatest contributor to global peace for decades. You heard me — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 8. I dont know if Scarborough is telling whole truth here. Anonymous sources suck. BUT... if he is... buckle the hell up. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 9. Because Trump would be undoing 6 decades of proven deterrence theory. The purpose of nukes is that they are never used. Trump disagrees? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 10. This would be the single greatest strategic shift in US national security in decades. In a Trump Presidency, our foreign policy — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 11. ....would be this. "Leave our alliances, fall back on a nuclear first use policy." Does he understand just how F'ing dangerous that is? — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 12. But what really concerns me, as a former nuke guy, is the idea of a narcissist walking around with nuclear authenticators. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 13. I could sit 100ft underground, on alert, knowing that the POTUS would not make me do my duty -- not unless it was absolute last resort — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 14. But imagine having to turn launch keys not knowing if we were under attack or if it was b/c foreign leader said a mean thing on twitter — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 15. The power is there to kill millions. Permanently alter the geopolitical landscape. It is a sacred, sobering responsibility. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 16. Idea that nukes would be used, say over Raqqa or Mosul, simply because we have no more allies and it's a simple, easy fix is nauseating — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 17. Simply signaling that you're open to using strategic weapons as a tactical solution rewrites the rule book. Russia, China, others will — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 18. respond. Nuclear deterrence is about balance. Trump is an elephant jumping up and down on one side of the scale. So damn dangerous. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 19. But geopolitics aside, I can't get my mind off the young officers on nuke alert right now. Wondering if they'll soon answer to a madman. — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016 20. And be asked to do a duty that should morally be asked of no human being, ever. //end — John Noonan (@noonanjo) August 3, 2016
WIKI: John Noonan is a conservative national security commentator and analyst. He was the national security policy advisor to Jeb Bush during his presidential campaign, and foreign policy advisor and speechwriter for Mitt Romney in 2012.[1] He is a principal defense writer for The Weekly Standard and a former policy director of the Foreign Policy Initiative.[2][3] Noonan is a graduate of Fishburne Military School and the military history program at the Virginia Military Institute, where he also received his officer's commission in the United States Air Force.[3]
Who you gonna trust :blank:
Not anyone that works with Jeb Bush!
Oh that litmus test at work. How about considering the substance of the words Personally I agree Jeb Bush is an idiot, but that doesn't mean everyone that's given him advice is one! Take a closer look at his background. What's Trump got to touch that? He's a serious man that's actually been in a position of real responsibility - his thoughts are worth considering. But that right wing absolutist crowd just slams their ears shut every time the listening becomes the slightest bit challenging.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Noonan_(analyst) Career Before moving to the FPI, the then Captain Noonan served in the United States Air Force's Global Strike Command as a Minuteman III launch officer.[3][4] While still on active duty, he started a defense blog for Military.com called OPFOR (a military acronym for "opposing force").[5] OPFOR was one of the first military blogs drawn on by Michael Goldfarb of the Weekly Standard to refute the war reporting of Scott Beauchamp in 2007.[6][7][8] Later that year, Noonan joined the Standard as a defense stringer and blogger. He is the second military blogger, after the [9] blog's Andrew Exum joined the Center for a New American Security, to assimilate into Washington's influential defense policy community.[3][10] Criticism Noonan has drawn fire from liberal and progressive groups for his foreign policy positions, particularly on US nuclear weapon issues.[11][12][13] In June 2010, the Institute for Policy Studies lumped the former airman in with the "more hawkish extreme" of the Republican Party, along with Cliff May, Edwin Meese, and Frank Gaffney.[14] He also assumed a sharply hawkish posture on the 2008 South Ossetia War, calling the refusal of European nations to admit Georgia into NATO the result of "Chamberlain-esque conflict aversion."[15] Despite that criticism, Noonan has been reported amongst a group of conservatives who are gaining increasing influence in Washington.[16] His practical experience working with nuclear weapons placed him in a point position for conservative opposition to President Obama's nuclear disarmament initiatives, as has his ability to accurately project the outcome of certain geopolitical events such as the recent wars in Lebanon and Georgia.[5][17]

3rdside,
I invite you to explain what’s going on here?
Do you think it cool broadcasting national security secrets for political points?
Do you think it’s cool for an important official to pretend he saw a secret tape and blab about that?
Do you respect this Trump? Do you trust this Trump?
Just asking cause I’m curious how the Trump Fan’s thinking works.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/04/donald-trump-cant-stop-bringing-up-imagined-stories-that-involve-evil-muslims/ Update: Trump finally said early Friday -- as his campaign said late Wednesday -- that the video he saw wasn't of the $400 million cash transfer but of the hostages.
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump The plane I saw on television was the hostage plane in Geneva, Switzerland, not the plane carrying $400 million in cash going to Iran! 4:39 AM - 5 Aug 2016
But the fact remains that he still talked about a video of the cash transfer even after his campaign said it wasn't of the cash transfer. The original post follows: Donald Trump claimed Wednesday that he had seen video of the recently reported $400 million cash transfer between the United States and Iran -- this despite no video of the exchange being public or known about. His campaign explained late Wednesday that he was mistaken and had actually seen video of American prisoners being released by Iran, not the money transfer. And yet, there was Trump on Thursday afternoon in Portland, Maine, recounting the very same nonexistent video of the money transfer. "You know, it was interesting, because a tape was made. Right? You saw that? With the airplane coming in? Nice plane," Trump said. "And the airplane coming in, and the money coming off, I guess, right? That was given to us -- has to be -- by the Iranians. And you know why the tape was given to us? Because they want to embarrass our country."

I’m not certain how to describe what makes a clear and present danger to our nation but many people say use the term to them, and Trump comes to mind.

There is hope.
11-year-old puts Mike Pence on the spot with question | CNN Politics

3rdside, I invite you to explain what's going on here? Do you think it cool broadcasting national security secrets for political points?
I'd say this is an exaggeration.
Do you think it's cool for an important official to pretend he saw a secret tape and blab about that?
Trump runs his mouth a lot, that much is undeniable, though Wapo is not a reliable source for unbiased info, and its a small thing anyway.
Do you respect this Trump? Do you trust this Trump? Just asking cause I'm curious how the Trump Fan's thinking works.
Respect - I do. Trust - not really, but I'll take him over H.C. Its a good idea to not trust any political candidate, really. The best answer I have about Trump's appeal is everybody else sucks so badly that it makes him rise above.
Oh that litmus test at work. How about considering the substance of the words Personally I agree Jeb Bush is an idiot, but that doesn't mean everyone that's given him advice is one! Take a closer look at his background. What's Trump got to touch that? He's a serious man that's actually been in a position of real responsibility - his thoughts are worth considering. But that right wing absolutist crowd just slams their ears shut every time the listening becomes the slightest bit challenging.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Noonan_(analyst)
Oh that litmus test at work. How about considering the substance of the words Personally I agree Jeb Bush is an idiot, but that doesn't mean everyone that's given him advice is one! Take a closer look at his background. What's Trump got to touch that? He's a serious man that's actually been in a position of real responsibility - his thoughts are worth considering. The whole thing is anecdotal so Noonan's background doesn't mean much here.

Fucked up my posts in this thread.

So 3rdside, what exactly do you respect about Trump? His bankruptcies and the way he’s screwed over investors? His failed marriages? His racist rhetoric? Perhaps you liked watching Trump mock a disabled reporter. Or was it his disrespect for a man who lost his son in military service? Maybe you just like all the lies Trump spouts.
Hey, at least you’re in good company. See CC’s thread about the chairman of the American Nazi Party supporting Trump.

Oh that litmus test at work. How about considering the substance of the words Personally I agree Jeb Bush is an idiot, but that doesn't mean everyone that's given him advice is one! Take a closer look at his background. What's Trump got to touch that? He's a serious man that's actually been in a position of real responsibility - his thoughts are worth considering. The whole thing is anecdotal so Noonan's background doesn't mean much here.Why NOT ? Actually what the hell does "anecdotal" even mean in this context? Most of what Trump says doesn't even achieve the status of "anecdotal." Trump's rhetoric stalls right around "bullshit artist" Noonan spoke with the voice of an individual who has experienced some very serious jobs and he has an awareness we can't pretend to have. But, then the new generation of vandals, (such as I imagine you to be) know nothing about what it takes to become an expert, or to carry real responsibility, and they certainly don't have any respect for experience or people who have made the effort and put in the hours and made the sacrifices to become competent experts. Noonan has earned his recognition. He spoke about things he has an intimate understanding of. Doesn't mean it's the absolute last word, but it definitely deserves to be taken seriously and given consideration. Your sneers are the sneers of the flunky maligning his professors.
So 3rdSode, what exactly do you respect about Trump? His bankruptcies and the way he's screwed over investors? {and contractors and vendors and suppliers among others} His failed marriages? His racist rhetoric? Perhaps you liked watching Trump mock a disabled reporter. Or was it his disrespect for a man who lost his son in military service? Maybe you just like all the lies Trump spouts.
50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’ By DAVID E. SANGER and MAGGIE HABERMAN | AUG. 8, 2016 http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0
Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience" to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being." Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history."
Text of letter http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/08/us/politics/national-security-letter-trump.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/group-of-50-former-gop-national-security-officials-trump-would-be-most-reckless-president-in-american-history/2016/08/08/6715042c-5d9f-11e6-af8e-54aa2e849447_story.html The letter said Trump “lacks the temperament to be President," and gave a scathing assessment of his ability to take advice, discipline himself, control his emotions and reflect before acting. “He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood," the letter states in a particularly pointed criticism of Trump’s personal traits. “He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal."
Oh that litmus test at work. How about considering the substance of the words Personally I agree Jeb Bush is an idiot, but that doesn't mean everyone that's given him advice is one! Take a closer look at his background. What's Trump got to touch that? He's a serious man that's actually been in a position of real responsibility - his thoughts are worth considering. The whole thing is anecdotal so Noonan's background doesn't mean much here.Why NOT ? Actually what the hell does "anecdotal" even mean in this context? Most of what Trump says doesn't even achieve the status of "anecdotal." Trump's rhetoric stalls right around "bullshit artist" Noonan spoke with the voice of an individual who has experienced some very serious jobs and he has an awareness we can't pretend to have. But, then the new generation of vandals, (such as I imagine you to be) know nothing about what it takes to become an expert, or to carry real responsibility, and they certainly don't have any respect for experience or people who have made the effort and put in the hours and made the sacrifices to become competent experts. Noonan has earned his recognition. He spoke about things he has an intimate understanding of. Doesn't mean it's the absolute last word, but it definitely deserves to be taken seriously and given consideration. Your sneers are the sneers of the flunky maligning his professors. You asked
Actually what the hell does "anecdotal" even mean in this context?
It means the threatening comments allegedly made by Trump are nothing but anecdote. Noonan said as much on twitter - comes down to gossip on a TV show which means Noonan's background doesn't mean a lot in this context.
So 3rdside, what exactly do you respect about Trump? His bankruptcies and the way he's screwed over investors? His failed marriages? His racist rhetoric? Perhaps you liked watching Trump mock a disabled reporter. Or was it his disrespect for a man who lost his son in military service? Maybe you just like all the lies Trump spouts. Hey, at least you're in good company. See CC's thread about the chairman of the American Nazi Party supporting Trump.
What I respect is that he's a total political outsider who's shaken up a system that needed it. btw, your list of sins is nothing but exaggeration.
So 3rdside, what exactly do you respect about Trump? His bankruptcies and the way he's screwed over investors? His failed marriages? His racist rhetoric? Perhaps you liked watching Trump mock a disabled reporter. Or was it his disrespect for a man who lost his son in military service? Maybe you just like all the lies Trump spouts. Hey, at least you're in good company. See CC's thread about the chairman of the American Nazi Party supporting Trump.
What I respect is that he's a total political outsider who's shaken up a system that needed it. btw, your list of sins is nothing but exaggeration. In what way are they exaggerated? Which of the things Darron has listed are not exactly as stated? Making such a blanket statement with no detail puts you into the Trump camp of lies, evasions and ignorance. If you are going to say they are exaggerations, state exactly how they are exaggerations. The fact that he's a political outsider means nothing, and he hasn't shaken up the system--he's had no effect on the system except to make a fool of himself.. Being an ignorant and dangerous clown is not shaking up the system. He would not be able to shake up the system even if he were president. He has shown that he doesn't know how the system works. He has shown he doesn't know how to work within the confines of the Constitution. Are you claiming that he will destroy the checks and balances the constitution requires so he can "shake up the system"? That's the only way he could shake it up. He is a fraud and his supporters are blind to it. If Charles Manson were running for president you could say exactly the same things about him: he's a political outsider and would shake up the system. He could no more shake up the system than Trump has done or could do as President. You confuse being an ignorant and dangerous fool with shaking up the system. But I suspect even Manson would get support from most Republicans as long as he was on the Republican ticket. A candidate needs a lot more than being a political outsider and displaying ignorance and insults for all to see to be president. You are supporting the biggest fool to ever have been nominated to a major party. You would be ashamed of yourself if you xould see what's happening. Trump would be a disaster as president and we would all suffer for his ignorance and the ignorance of his supporters.
What I respect is that he's a total political outsider who's shaken up a system that needed it. btw, your list of sins is nothing but exaggeration. What did I exaggerate?
What I respect is that he's a total political outsider who's shaken up a system that needed it. btw, your list of sins is nothing but exaggeration. Any celebrity rich person could have done this. I don't mean they could have done it if they wanted to, I mean there is no rhyme or reason to why Trump succeeded. There is no formula, there was no plan, but anyone could have got on TV, started tweeting stuff about Mexico and could have gained these followers. It didn't happen before mainly because very few people want to do that. Most millionaires are happy with their millions and don't need to "shake things up" so they can legislate lower taxes for themselves. Most people respect the office of the POTUS. Most people would not say the things Trump says.