Remember the Iran missile strike with "no" US casualties?

Well the total injuries has now reached 50 traumatic brain injuries.

Hey, no biggie, they’re just US soldiers’ brains. It is the lying POTUS’s power as CinC to lie about troop injuries, the way he lies about everything else. Right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/50-us-service-members-diagnosed-with-traumatic-brain-injuries-after-iranian-missile-strike/ar-BBZq4UW?ocid=spartanntp

Last week T rump said, when questioned about the injured, “”No, I heard that they had headaches, and a couple of other things, but I would say, and I can report, it’s not very serious."

Our troops volunteer for this. They know the risks. So like in the NFL brain injuries come with the job. They just need to rub some Windex on their heads and for-ged-aboud-it. (For-ged-aboud-it should be easy since it’s brain injuries.)

FWIW the article says concussions and TBIs but the headline just says TBIs.

TBIs can range from mild to severe and symptoms don’t always show up immediately, so it’s unlikely Trump meant any harm.

T rump doesn’t care about whether what he says causes harm to others, so much as he cares about saying whatever, at any given moment, that seems best for him politically.

So your defense of the CinC is that he didn’t know that explosions can cause brain injuries that don’t show up right away. Well, it’s a good thing that we have a CinC who can learn from his mistakes. Oh. Wait. T rump never admits a mistake, and thus cannot learn from them.

Be glad that your active duty service is at an end.

What would you like Trump to do, Tim? Be the dictator you hate and order the US Military to destroy Tehran? Trump is a Christian. He is turning the other cheek to let tempers simmer down. We have US troops in harm’s way all over the Middle East. Trump wants to bring them back but Democrats won’t let him do it.

@thatoneguy Why do you defend that criminal who is uneducated, uncaring, and even lies? You make me wonder if you are one of his brainwashed minions. FYI, even mild TBI’s can cause some permanent damage, even if it is mild damage. To say, “Ah it’s no big deal. It’s just headaches” shows that the dotard has no idea what TBI consists of and that it is more than just “headache”. The dotard will keep throwing them back into battle until they are dead, because he doesn’t care. TimB is right- be glad your active duty has end, because if you served under the dotard’s watch (which is insanity), you wouldn’t be coming home alive- you’d be just a means for the undertaker to make money and get rich off your remains via your family’s money. Yet the dotard is a draft dodger and not an honorable draft dodger who ran to Canada. He claimed bone spurs in order to keep from serving in a war that we shouldn’t have fought, just like many we’ve been involved in after WWII. WWII was the last war we were rightly involved in, but that was no reason to spit on the returning Vietnam Vets. They should have gotten a better welcome home than what they did because some of the young men didn’t get a choice about serving- they were forced to go and many died because the government said they had to go fight in a war we had no business being involved in, just like many others since WWII. The Korean War between WWII and Nam? Probably not that either or any since Nam. So you’re defending a draft dodger, who doesn’t know a thing about anything and doesn’t care if people die and you’re a vet? Why would you defend such a being? I’m glad you made it back alive, I don’t think it’s very brilliant for a vet to support the dotard concerning his unjust war, in which he just keeps throwing injured vets back into play until they die and for what? Oil. Just like in Vietnam. Yes, Nam was about oil too, just like the dotard’s little war is too, but unlike Johnson, Nixon, and Ford, he’ll probably be the person who starts WWIII, thinking he’ll get rich from it, which is BS, just like he is. I have no idea why you support the dotard.

@Sree ROFL! I don’t think the dotard is an Xian. I think he’s playing Xians, especially if he sayings he was send by god and if they believe that, they’ve been played. The dotard doesn’t want to bring them back and he’s not turning the other cheek either. The Dems would let him bring them back, but he doesn’t want to. He’s playing you, just like he’s playing every other Xian. He’s told more lies than his days in office and that’s one of them.

Mriana: I have no idea why you support the dotard.
Oneguy doesn’t support US presence in the Middle East or elsewhere. He said Trump should have pulled out of Iraq in 2017. Trump himself wants to bring our troops home. Every time he tries that, our politicians on both sides of the ailse howl. The reason why we are still messing around keeping our young men abroad in harm’s way is because of American sentiments like the one below:
Well the last time we pursued a peaceful path we ended up with Pearl Harbor. Oh, lest we forget, there was a date 911, an attack on the US, which took thousands of lives.

It is the US presence around the world that has prevented many dictatorships from overruning their neighbors.

I think that Mriana is right about T rump not being a Christian. Check out the picture of him being prayed over by self-proclaimed Christians, some of whom are actually laying hands on T rump

All of the “Christians” eyes are closed devotedly in their prayer. T rump’s eyes are wide open.

Seriously, ask a Christian what it takes to achieve everlasting life. Then ask T rump what it takes. Have any sort of religious Christian based dialogue with T rump. His responses will reveal his fakery.

Remember when he was asked if he had ever asked for forgiveness. He said, “I am not sure I have, I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so…”. Do you know any “Christians” who have NEVER asked for forgiveness?

But of course T rump lies and claims to be a Christian, because it is good for him politically.

My guess is that T rump just doesn’t care about the concept of God, beyond the votes or influence that his pretend religiosity can get him. So what would that make him? Some sort of willful agnostic? I don’t know the name for people who just don’t really give a flying flip about concepts of God. But if they just don’t really care, but nevertheless pretend to be religious for social purposes, they are called hypocrites.

T rump did not follow Jesus suggestion to “turn the other cheek” when he did not respond to the missile attack. He squirreled out and avoided a possible all out war with Iran, by saying that there were NO U.S. casualties. He BARELY avoided a war that he personally had set the stage for by assassinating a foreign leader and by his own rhetoric of promising unprecedented destruction (as he tends to do) as retaliation for an attack by Iran.

Tim: I don’t know the name for people who just don’t really give a flying flip about concepts of God.
They are called atheists.
But if they just don’t really care, but nevertheless pretend to be religious for social purposes, they are called hypocrites.
Hypocrisy is a sin against the Eight Commandment. It is not a crime in secular society where you claim to belong. If Trump's sinfulness really bothers you, then you are a Christian at heart but pretend to be an atheist for social reasons. I don't think you are a hypocrite. I think you are confused.

I don’t think of hypocrisy as a sin, or a crime, but rather as a substantial moral failing. It is a lack of integrity. It is a mark of deceitfulness.

It is hardly worth opining over T rump’s hypocrisy, as his lack of integrity and deceitfulness goes WAY beyond simple hypocrisy.

Atheists care enough about the concept of God, to not believe in God.

I just doubt that T rump even cares whether God actually exists. He cares about being able to manipulate religious people.

Sree, above is not the 1st post that indicates your misunderstanding about atheists and their sense of morality. You seem to think that since atheists don’t believe in God, that they must be amoral. That is a faulty assumption. What we know about “atheists” in general, is that they don’t believe in God. That’s all.

But here’s the thing. Humans created the concept of God. Humans attributed morals from Gods to be imposed on the humans. But humans can more directly, just come up with a sense of morality, without having to attribute it to a supernatural entity. So stop assuming that atheists are amoral. Most of them likely are not amoral.

It is not a crime in secular society where you claim to belong.
Please explain why you think that is true
Why do you defend that criminal who is uneducated, uncaring, and even lies? You make me wonder if you are one of his brainwashed minions. FYI, even mild TBI’s can cause some permanent damage, even if it is mild damage. To say, “Ah it’s no big deal. It’s just headaches” shows that the dotard has no idea what TBI consists of and that it is more than just “headache”.
I’m defending him here because he’s not a doctor and doesn’t know anything about medicine. These kinds of threads are mainly just a way to vent about Trump and it’s important for me to try to keep some perspective as a veteran and former health care professional.
The dotard will keep throwing them back into battle until they are dead, because he doesn’t care. TimB is right- be glad your active duty has end, because if you served under the dotard’s watch (which is insanity), you wouldn’t be coming home alive- you’d be just a means for the undertaker to make money and get rich off your remains via your family’s money.
Nah, my active duty years were during the worst part of the war when things were much more dangerous than they are now. Routine deployments to war zones ended before 2016 and current military personnel are doing peacetime enlistments except for a few dozen special operations guys. This Iranian attack was the most that’s happened in a long time.

Trump’s time in office has been really boring, militarily.

Yet the dotard is a draft dodger and not an honorable draft dodger who ran to Canada. He claimed bone spurs in order to keep from serving in a war that we shouldn’t have fought, just like many we’ve been involved in after WWII. WWII was the last war we were rightly involved in, but that was no reason to spit on the returning Vietnam Vets. They should have gotten a better welcome home than what they did because some of the young men didn’t get a choice about serving- they were forced to go and many died because the government said they had to go fight in a war we had no business being involved in, just like many others since WWII. The Korean War between WWII and Nam? Probably not that either or any since Nam. So you’re defending a draft dodger, who doesn’t know a thing about anything and doesn’t care if people die and you’re a vet? Why would you defend such a being? I’m glad you made it back alive, I don’t think it’s very brilliant for a vet to support the dotard concerning his unjust war, in which he just keeps throwing injured vets back into play until they die and for what? Oil. Just like in Vietnam. Yes, Nam was about oil too, just like the dotard’s little war is too, but unlike Johnson, Nixon, and Ford, he’ll probably be the person who starts WWIII, thinking he’ll get rich from it, which is BS, just like he is. I have no idea why you support the dotard.
This is getting too far off topic (and is mostly wrong) but I’ll say I don’t really care about Trump being a draft dodger. The draft itself is unfair but sometimes a necessity — though it was not during Vietnam. It was years before I was born so I don’t feel strongly about what went on during that time.

I think Trump genuinely likes the military, wants the best for veterans, and wants out of pointless wars but he’s in over his head.

I’m defending him here because he’s not a doctor and doesn’t know anything about medicine.
I"m not a doctor either, but I understand the difference between brain injury and a headache.

I agree with Lausten. As one who suffered and still suffers from Migraines, I even know the difference between a sinus headache and a migraine. Migraines aren’t just headaches either.

What would you like Trump to do, Tim? Be the dictator you hate and order the US Military to destroy Tehran? Trump is a Christian. He is turning the other cheek to let tempers simmer down. We have US troops in harm’s way all over the Middle East. Trump wants to bring them back but Democrats won’t let him do it.
What, in his history, makes you think Trump is a Christian? Is it his respect for the sanctity of marriage? After all, he hasn't left the third wife yet, only cheated on her! Is it the way he acts like Jesus when turning away the poor from our borders? It was especially like Jesus when he signed the executive order to make turning them away automatic if they may need luxury items on the taxpayer dime, like "food". Wait...that one might have been Ysma from The Emporer's New Groove. Is it his massive pride or total lack of humility when he's constantly suggesting that he's the greatest this or that ever, suggesting that his suffering or treatment is the worst ever, making everything about himself or suggesting that he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for...things...and stuff? What, exactly, are his "Christian" traits?

Oneguy said,

I think Trump genuinely likes the military, wants the best for veterans, and wants out of pointless wars but he’s in over his head.”

TimB replies, Here is just one indicator that you loving CinC may have scammed you>

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/07/777287610/judge-says-trump-must-pay-2-million-over-misuse-of-foundation-funds

“… (a) judge has ruled that President Trump must pay $2 million in damages to settle claims that the Trump Foundation misused funds…The case is tied to a televised fundraiser for veterans held by Trump in Iowa when he was running for president in January 2016. Trump had said the funds raised would be distributed to charities. But according to court documents, the Trump Foundation improperly used $2.82 million it received from that fundraiser.
According to the judgment, that money “was used for Mr. Trump’s political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump’s campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation”…”

Oneguy, have you forgotten that T rump is a con man, above all else? He has bamboozled vets like yourself in to thinking he loves them. He loves himself and his own power. He is not only in over his head he is in over your head. You defend his ignorance because he has no experience as a health care professional? I imagine there are people available to explain healthcare matters to him. But his poor character makes him a poor student for learning new things.

He cares about the military because it makes him feel ultra powerful. He doesn’t want to get in to major military action because, atm, it is not politically viable. But he is impulsive, and whimsical, and boisterously threatening enough to get us to the cusp of major conflagration. And sooner or later, given the opportunity, he will accidentally get us in to the shiitestorm or some other worse storm.

Seriously, do you think T rump genuinely cares about our soldiers, or vets, or anyone other than himself? (Maybe he cares secondarily about some family members, I guess, but I think that is about it.)