Why are Dems such wimps?

If I hear Obama, or Mrs. Obama, or any other Dem pundit say we’re “fighting for the soul of our democracy/country” I’m going to puke. No one gives a sh*& about the soul of our democracy and all that high falutin talk. For the most part Americans, Dems and Repubs alike, don’t know, don’t care. The Repubs have figured this out and so put up clowns like Reagan, Bush, Drumpf who sound roughly like normal people, regardless of what they’re saying. And people eat it up. Trump is proof. How can an utter immoral moron appeal to so many people? Because he doesn’t talk like some professor going on and on about constitutional crises, soul of america, etc. When Hillary said “basket of deplorables”, OMG talk about a turn off. Just say it, what a bunch of morons. Repubs are going to storm the castle and bring it down. Dems will draft a sternly worded letter and deliver it pending further review. Even Bernie and Warren I’m sorry to say just speechify with high falutin language. AOC luckily comes close, and this guy Ossoff in Georgia too - they tell it like it is. Why can’t more Dems be like them?

Because the democratic party is a party for big business and coporate democrats like pelosi need to squash progressives that may rock this truism.

I can’t understand why anyone would vote the insidious orange creature, who I call the dotard. He’s insipid, sexist, misogynistic, racist, egotistical, hypocritical, bigot, who is also disgusting, deplorable, and repulsive. Not mention uneducated, scientifically illiterate, as well as illiterate in general, uncouth… Need I go on? He has an IQ of 30 and an education level of a none. I prefer those who represent the U.S. not come off as though we are all uneducated, backwoods hillbillies, yet work for the people of the U.S., by implementing better educational goals in schools, free secondary education (just as all the lower levels are free), some sort of socialized medicine and if a pandemic does occur, do at least as well as President Obama did when he was in office, in which there were at least 2 potential pandemics, which practically did not touch the U.S. In essences, I want our leaders to be far more intelligent than the dotard, He Who Is Not Worth His Name, and Moscow Mitch (who are do nothing imbeciles).

Sorry if that was over your head.

Oh and AOC, as well as Biden and Harris et al are perfect just the way they are.

I guess they’re trying to be inspiring. Obama was well known for inspiring people through speeches. It is a weird thing to say as it’s debatable whether America has a “soul”. And debating about abstract garbage is something liberals do in general.

:And debating about abstract garbage is something liberals do in general"

I think the right always gravitate to identity politics. Its what they are most comfortable with

I think the word “soul” has different meanings to different people, even “abstract garbage”.

I think the right always gravitate to identity politics. Its what they are most comfortable with
Maybe in Australia. US democrats have been swimming in identity politics for decades. Republicans blather on about business and taxes more than anything else.

“Republicans blather on about business and taxes more than anything else.”

No. The right can bitch about LBTG rights, gender and trans using toilets until the cows come home

Because the democratic party is a party for big business and coporate democrats like pelosi need to squash progressives that may rock this truism.
Based on WHAT??? Are you familiar with "deregulation"? That's a Republican thing where they remove all the pesky regulations in the way of big business making money, allowing them to, for example, dump toxic runoff from coal mining operations directly into rivers and streams. Are you familiar with "privatization"? That's a Republican thing where you carve up government programs and hand them out like Christmas presents to big corporations to make profit from them, allowing them to, for example, take one of the best medical systems in the world and turn it into a for-profit monster that charges 10x the amount in the US for life-saving cancer treatment than it does in the UK. And have heard of the Republican tax cut from a couple of years ago? That's a Republican thing which gives a teacher an extra $1.50 in each paycheck, slowly being reduced for 8 years until it's back to normal, UNLESS she's in the lowest tax bracket, in which case here taxes are RAISED by 20%, all while DOUBLING the number of mega-corporations which pay ZERO TAXES, which, unlike the tax cuts for us which expire, is PERMANENT. Have you heard about the current stimulus talks? The ONE THING which is "non-negotiable" for Moscow Mitch is to take away YOUR right to sue corporations. And he's willing to help schools and small businesses as well. No talk of helping the people in his last comments. Just schools, businesses and taking away YOUR rights to benefit big business. Have you heard that Trump is carving up national parks to sell to big businesses right now, as I type this? Did you know that Trump appointed a head to the FDA who wanted to disband the FDA because it stands in the way of profit for big business? Did you hear the Betsy Devos has REFUSED to enforce the regulations which protect the people from predatory student lending practices of big corporations? Did you know that ALL climate change denying arguments come from corporate interests and are repeated by the Republican party?

In what Bizarro universe are the Democrats the party of big business? Republicans literally passed a 1.5 TRILLION dollar tax break and afterward Trump told rich Mar-A-Lago friends “You all just got a lot richer.” I think that was before he was touting how well his tax cut was going for the people because he didn’t understand the sarcasm of the teacher thanking him for the extra $1.50 she got in each paycheck. You have to be running down the street with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears, screaming at the top of your lungs to not notice anything at all which makes the statement that the Democrats are the party of corporate interests not sound really, really stupid.

"In what Bizarro universe are the Democrats the party of big business? Republicans literally passed a 1.5 TRILLION dollar tax break "

I havent seen one corporate democrat attack trump on his trickle down economic policies. Have you?

@mriana - Trump and McConnell may be idiots as you say, but they’re the ones who’ve stacked the supreme court and rammed through con judges. They’re carrying out their program, and McConnell and the rest of the cons have been getting their way for decades now. Why? Because they kick ass when they need to. I just wish there was someone on our side who can kick ass and take names for a good cause. AOC, Bernie sort of, and Katy Porter are three that come to mind. But the ones at the top? Forget. They’re a bunch of wimps.

:frowning:

“Forget. They’re a bunch of wimps.”

They cant because that would upset their donor base - wall st.

@cuthbertj IMHO I think the reality of all it, if you look at the ages, most of the Repugs are older men and women, who seem to want the old standard of the 50s and before. Thus, why the rammed through con judges, who are anti-women and other minorities, in the hopes of bringing back that time. They forget though, that they were the ones who were progressive at one time, until, I guess, they started seeing more interracial marriage, mixed babies, and then same sex marriages and it freaked them out. Then they wanted to reverse everything and the Dems and Independents became the progressives and many (not all) are younger than the old fogie Repugs, some like AOC a lot younger. Bernie, Warren, and Pelosi are a few of exceptions. What makes all of them idiots is that Grandpa (a lot are) can’t see they need to retire, step aside, and let the younger people create their own world, but Repug grandpas don’t want their children and grandchildren taking over, especially with the help of the perpetual liberal Bernie Sanders or the Corporate Dems like Warren or a Dem like Biden. Grumpy old men don’t want favourite grandparents giving younger people a world where they have health care, free higher education, equality, abortion rights, etc. They hated what FDR did, because that brought the poor up. They didn’t like that LBJ signed the civil rights amendment, they hated when states passed the ERA in the 70s, and then women thought they could get into politics and run for president. They are everything their beloved orange creature is, but they were too afraid to show it until the dotard got into office, then the animal in them came out because they were free to do so. They want to overturn 60 years plus (FDR is further back) of progress and force their children and grandchildren to live in a world that isn’t theirs and want to brainwash all of us to think as they do or short of that, force us. Their world isn’t our world. They live in the old times and the new times are here now. They just can’t get with the program, because it scares them OR they feels as my grandmother (born in 1913) did in her 80s (or the 1990s) and wanted to sell or give away a set of encyclopedias. Those were nice for their day, but my step cousins had to tell her, “no one uses those anymore. It’s all on CD-ROM now.” Her response was, “I don’t belong in this world anymore.” She died at the age of 94.

Now the Dems who won’t stand up to them are mostly the older the Dems, too afraid to rock the boat, but here’s the thing, Boomer Repugs, like my mother, don’t care much for what the dotard is doing and they know if they vote for any other party other than D or R, it’s a throw away vote, so they will vote D, if they are not hardline party voters. Most millenials are liberal, by older people’s standard, and very modern. They know they are adults now and they want their vote to count so that they can hopefully get things their way. Bernie appeals to them, but if not Bernie than Warren or Biden, but Grumpy old Repug grandpa can’t see that or doesn’t want to. Grandpas like Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham, the Dotard, He Who Is Not Worth His Name, etc etc refuse to be pushed aside and retire. They want to feel useful, but yet keep the status quo, which you cannot have in an ever changing world, that needs the Xers and the Millennials start to take over.

They are also idiots when it comes to science and a deadly pandemic too, but they know their time is short now and they think they are attempting to leave the U.S. in a better place, when they are actually screwing everything up for generations to come. They need to get out of the way, retire, find something else to do and let us and our children run it. What about Biden, who’s a boomer? Some can stay, until the X’ers and the Millenials have the majority, which will be in the next 4 years if the Boomers allowed it and many Boomers will drop dead, that’s why I’m glad Biden chose a Baby Baby Boomer/older X’er to take his place if something happens to him and Kamala can and will do an excellent job is that happens. However, I don’t think anyone needs to fear the dotard running in 2024. His health is too bad for him to be around then. COVID, which ages people and destroys health, finished off any health he did have. He’s just a walking time bomb for stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism… with the blood clots that COVID leaves behind. So is Melania, even though she’s in her 50s and had a mild case, but she’ll probably fair better for a few years more than he will. I really don’t think the dotard will make it another 4 years due to having COVID, especially with how bad he allegedly had it and what I’ve been reading on JAMA and NEJM.

No. The right can bitch about LBTG rights, gender and trans using toilets until the cows come home
Not in America. Caitlyn Jenner is an outspoken republican and he is accepted by the GOP because he supports lower taxes.

Bruce Jenner was a Repug before he became a she named Caitlyn. I don’t think she’s actually accepted by her chosen party though- only her money. And btw @thatoneguy, when a he becomes a she, you don’t call them he anymore and vise versa. Their new pronouns are their new chosen gender. I don’t understand transgenderism very well, but I do know that the pronoun changes when they come out and start making the change. I don’t have a lot of respect for Jenner, but I do know we are suppose to use the feminine pronouns when speaking about Jenner now. Saying their name, instead of the chosen pronoun, is also acceptable. I think we can at least get it right in that respect (pronoun wise), even if we don’t respect said person or understand transgenderism. However, there are some transgender people I do respect beyond accepting their new pronouns. So my respect or lack thereof of Jenner has nothing to do with Jenner’s transitioning. Thus, Jenner is now either she or her or Caitlyn Jenner or Jenner or Caitlyn, whether you approve or not.

I havent seen one corporate democrat attack trump on his trickle down economic policies. Have you?
You don't remember Hillary's "Trumped up trickle down economics"? So yes, you have seen at least one.

?You don’t remember Hillary’s “Trumped up trickle down economics”? So yes, you have seen at least one."

???

In the 2016 presidential debates Hillary Clinton tried yet another of her ridiculous phrases she hoped would catch on. She called Trump out on his “Trumped up trickle down economics.” Her exact words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQrWjLKpjv4

If you haven’t seen a single Democrat calling him out on his trickle down economics then it’s because you don’t follow politics.

She wasnt against tax cuts?