who's your pick?

Advocatus likes his women “dull and compliant”.

Ha ha ha ha!!

Advocatus, Obviously you have company, at this stage of the campaign as leaning toward Biden. He has been in the lead in polls since before he joined the race. I like Warren’s energy, and her plan for everything, and her forcefully progressive stances. But your criticism of her being shrill and argumentative will be an unfortunate but real obstacle for her (and this view is colored by many, probably on an unconscious level, by her gender). Anyway, I am undecided, like you at this point.

Player, has your brain blown a fuse? Yes my words were “not pro global warming” meaning not in favor of global warming. You and I and 3point, I imagine, are ALL not in favor of global warming happening.

Write, your post 305895 must have been misplaced in this thread, from CC:'s Shakespeare thread that he started.

Timb wrote

"Yes my words were “not pro global warming” meaning not in favor of global warming. "

TIMB have you a brain to begin with? Who would be pro global warming?? What a preposterous framing of this discussion

OMG, You declared, your self, in another thread that the right is in favor of climate change. You declared it oh so sanctimoniously, suggesting that everyone who doesn’t realize this is a fool. I think it was in the context of a discussion about the arctic areas thawing. (where natural resources can be accessed when it is thawed) You very declaratively indicated that the right is secretly in favor of global warming and that the left are basically losers for not realizing it.

I guess this is to be expected when trying to communicate with you. Now I see that you don’t even remember the crap that you say.

I said they see it as an opportunity. Like hurricanes and floods that destroyed new Orleans. People are pro tornadoes hurricanes earthquakes floods…???

TimB said,

Write, your post 305895 must have been misplaced in this thread, from CC:’s Shakespeare thread that he started.

That response was to post 305878, but for me was actually a continuation of a humorous improv on Shakespeare’s name in another Forum .

I know u won’t be voting in the US election, Write. But have you followed any of the candidates for the 2020 Presidential election, enough to have a comment on any of them?

I like most of what all of them are prosing, but I think Warren could knock Trump on his ass. She is a warrior and if she claims to have inherited the noble spirit of Native Americans, I believe her. Moreover, unlike Trump, Warren is a fiscal conservative and is probably the only one with the experience to formulate a new direction in both the social as well as the fiscal direction of the US socio-economic democracy.

Speaking of white Trump supporters;

The utter arrogance and duplicity of any person of European ancestry when wishing all other people, including native Americans, to “go home” disgusts me.

It is against the very fabric of the humane logic on which the US Constitution (the SOUL ) of America rests. It is an intolerable insult to human dignity.

How useless is the G7 meeting with the Amazon burning

Warren I could support with what enthusiasm is left in me for politicians.

Player, are you trying to make a point.

Or simply hinting at how insane things have gotten?

Might I remind you of https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2018/09/key-to-gould-nonoverlapping-magisteria.html

. . .

What’s the point?

Religions, Science, political beliefs, heaven, hell, even God they are all products of the human mindscape, generations of imaginings built upon previous generations of imaginings, all the way down.

Here we are, 2018, sober assessment of physical facts is out of fashion and fantasy thinking in the service of ruthless avarice is in.
Now it literally threatening to topple USA’s government Of The People, By The People, and For The People, in favor of a Me First, profits are more important than people, oligarch run machine.

Well, unless an awful lot of sideliners start getting engaged in our democratic process.

All the while the actual physical creation outside of our conceited little minds keeps on unfolding, following well understood geophysical rules regardless.

Ignore at our own peril.

Warren comes off as too shrill and argumentative. I’ve seen her on The View a couple of times too, and she seems like someone you’d want to have in your Cabinet, but I don’t know if I’d want her in the big chair.
I think the bigger problem with Warren is that she is a total phony. Nothing but a career striver who just wants to get ahead. She’s spent her whole career basically supporting neoliberalism.

Because of that however, she probably has a better chance of getting nominated than most.

Flies right past ya.

Some player.

Player wrote: "Advocatus – i am asking you what do you mean by Warren being to shrill and arguementative?"
I don't really mean anything by it except maybe that it should be possible to get your point across without attacking your opponents. But it was a debate format after all, so that I really shouldn't complain about that. I guess the point I'm really making is that at this point the race is a basically a contest to see who can get his-or-her face on television the most times.
"I guess the point I’m really making is that at this point the race is a basically a contest to see who can get his-or-her face on television the most times.:
WTF ??????????????????

I have preferences, but no clear pick.

I, however, have two for whom I’ll never vote in the primary: Kirsten Gillibrand and Bernie Sanders. The former because of what she did to Al Franken, and the later for what he did to Democrats in 2016.

“and the later for what he did to Democrats in 2016”

What did he do??

Lex, thanks for your input. I agree about Gillibrand. I also don’t know what you mean about Bernie. He urged his followers to vote for Clinton, after she won the nomination. It’s just that a lot of his followers were too pissed off to do it.