Bernie Leaves the Race

Bernie, once again, shows his greatness. This time by dropping out of a futile race for the nomination. I think the last straw for him was that people in Wisconsin had to risk their lives to vote for him when he is not going to win anyway.

I say keep voting for him if you don’t have to risk your life to do it. Because Biden needs to acutely understand that a lot of Democrats favor Bernie’s policies.

The number 1 priority now for all good people who want a better future, is to ensure that Biden becomes the next POTUS.

The 2nd priority is to ensure that Biden is, or becomes, a REAL Progressive - not just 20th Century Joe, who maintains the past Obama/Biden regime without moving in to the future and away from the limitations of the past.

BTW, I have decided to endorse Joe Biden as the next President of the United States of America. I expect that Barrack Obama will be following my example soon, also.

:cry: I was really hoping Bernie would make it to the final round this time, but I find it admirable that he doesn’t want people to risk their lives to vote for him. I’ll throw my support to Joe Biden, but I don’t know how successful he will be against the dotard though. I really do not want a second term of the dotard. He’ll destroy this country for sure.

I was wrong about Obama endorsing Biden soon. It looks like he thinks it would be better for unifying the party if he holds off of endorsing.

Neither one of them (Obama or Biden) jump very fast on anything. They seem to wait for a bit now that they aren’t in office.

I wonder what’s up with Biden these days. I don’t see much of him.

Maybe the networks don’t have time for him with the daily 1-2 hr T rump Pandemic Propaganda and Campaign Re-election Panel Show (Baghdad Bob editions, during the Easter Height of the USA Viral Infestation).

I did see a short Biden commercial on TV that I liked.

To hell with Obama - rather than a man of national greatness, he’s just another self-serving cat.

With a hell of a lot more style than most, but in it for himself, his self-satisfied and slugged himself into irrelevance (and useless) after failing at his presidency and leaving a legacy of lost opportunities and nothing else. excuse me while I spit.

The one’s I believed in piss me off the most.

As for Biden, the man who’s nearly as responsible for our insane Shock’Awe Monstrosity as Cheney the mastermind, well at least he has a somewhat rational mind, that gets impressed by facts - so it sure couldn’t be worse than the nightmare at the white house right now. He’s got my vote, and I hope Bernie has wrangled some leverage out of the deal. Bless him for not going crazy on USA like Nader the disgusting traitor in his own right. (again, the betrayals of those we trusted most are the most enraging and bitter).

I can’t wait till some of the 40% see the light. Would love to see some of that contrived rightwing blind-love 'n adulation turned into rage, refocused on their real enemy, their own supposed messiah, turn calculating traitor trump.

So Tim, what’s your little crystal ball telling you about November’s election?

If enough people die in the deep south will trump cancel the election.

Will the Democrats be able to do anything about it?

Will the People even give a hoot?

OK @citizenschallengev3 Would you rather 4 more years of that orange creature? Because Bernie dropped out, the only other option is to vote for Biden in order to keep the dotard from getting another 4 more years. To write in Bernie is risking not having enough voted to drag the dotard out of office.

CC asked:

1. So Tim, what’s your little crystal ball telling you about November’s election?
  2. If enough people die in the deep south will trump cancel the election.
  3. Will the Democrats be able to do anything about it?
  4. Will the People even give a hoot?
TimB said:
  1. I don't even have a magic 8 ball. Just my brain, and it ain't telling me what's going to happen.
  2. T rump is not very predictable. He's like a box of chocolates with poison candies scattered amongst the good ones. You never know what you're gonna get.
  3. The Dems will try like crazy to win the election. But IDK.
  4. Yeah. I think so. Hopefully not belatedly.

BTW. I love Obama. If he were POTUS now we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in.

@timb You got that right. If Obama were still president, we wouldn’t be dealing COVID-19 right now.

BTW. I no longer love Obama. But, if he were POTUS now, damned straight we wouldn’t be in the (COVID-19) mess we are in!!!

:wink:

unquestionable Cc. Bush Obama gave us trump.
Sadly way more truth in that than I care to admit.

Our collective abandonment of principles and embrace of All American Me First mentality is what did us in.

Forgetting that We The People had to stand behind and push our political leaders, and that election days mattered.

Society has being doing it’s damnest for the past half century to convince itself that the gluttony party could go on for ever.

And that physical reality could be dismissed with contempt and ridicule.

Au contraire.

Self made idiots, one and all, for sure.

So what’s wrong with Obama, especially in light of if he were still prez we wouldn’t be having these issues with COVID-19 that we do under that stupid dotard? Obama did a great job in that respect and in other respects, IMO.

From a friend of a friend

For those of you complaining about Trump being blamed for the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic:

I thought I would post a little history lesson for everyone on both sides of the political divide. I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length, but hey, we all have time on our hands to read, correct?

In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat and died a brutal death a day later. After that, there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics, and communication.

Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.

Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.

Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.

Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we detected our first case in the U.S.A. A man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas and somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola but later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.
The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic, but thanks to the actions of our government under President Obama, it never did. Those THREE EBOLA CONFIRMED CASES were the ONLY cases of Ebola in the U.S.A. because Obama did what needed to be done THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE FIRST CASE.

Ebola is even more contagious than COVID-19. Had Obama not acted swiftly, millions of Americans would have died horrible, painful, deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve never seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific).

It is ironic because since President Obama acted decisively we forget about his actions since the disease never reached our shores.

Now the story of COVID-19 and Trump’s response that we know about thus far:

Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC, and he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).
Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.

When the outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war, why should he help them?
In January he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. He ignored the report, not trusting our own intelligence.

When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a plethora of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. However, he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.

According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.

When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”

The next time Trump spoke of COVID-19, we had SIXTY-FOUR CONFIRMED CASES but Trump went before microphones and told the American public that we only had FIFTEEN cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading, he took no action to get more tests.
What Trump did was to stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.

As of the moment I am posting this, the evening of April 7, 2020, we have 368,449 COVID-19 CONFIRMED CASES and 10,992 COVID-19 DEATHS in the U.S.A. The actual number is undoubtedly more than triple that amount.

As if you needed one more reason to vote, here it is. I did not write this but was researching Ebola when I came across it. So I’m reposting it.
Evan Lobel

@greenfist

What is Obama’s legacy Mriana?

Healthcare, the first 1/2 black president, a wife who got healthy meals in schools, allegedly had that Al qaeda dude killed, left the White House with a good economy, a great pandemic defence in the CDC (which the dotard destroyed)… and I’m sure there is a few more, but that’s a start.

@lausten That’s exactly what I was referring to and sadly, the dotard destroyed a good pandemic response system and we wouldn’t be having this right now if he had not done that. He’s such a stupid hateful man.

“Now let me be clear”. I’m sure I could think of more things he said in his speeches and interviews that have more meaning than that phrase. I really do think things got better, at least economically under Obama. I’m not sure if there was a widening of social inequality though. I think the greatest widening and most noticeable has been with the dotard.

Question for Timb. What 3 policies of joe Biden to you agree with?
1. Get Trump out of office, even if we must impeach him again. The first time worked too well - for him.
  1. Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. And blame everything on Trump, including the virus.

2. Take a nice long nap every day. If you aren’t relevant, why not?