what's wrong with this picture!

A total of 111 people were killed by police in the United States in March of 2015. Since 1900, in the entire United Kingdom, 52 people have been killed by police.

Note: That is during the Month of March 2015.

On average, at least one person is killed by a cop every day in the U.S. In contrast, not a single one was killed in Britain last year, where police fired their guns a grand total of three times, according to The Economist. In 2011, when the FBI reported 404 justifiable law enforcement homicides in the U.S., police killed six people in Australia, two in England, six in Germany.
In the last decade alone the number of people killed d by police has reached 5,000. The number of soldiers killed since the inception of the Iraq war: 4489.

A total of 111 people were killed by police in the United States in March of 2015. Since 1900, in the entire United Kingdom, 52 people have been killed by police. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/01/1374908/-American-police-killed-more-people-in-March-111-than-in-the-entire-United-Kingdom-since-1900 Note: That is during the Month of March 2015. On average, at least one person is killed by a cop every day in the U.S. In contrast, not a single one was killed in Britain last year, where police fired their guns a grand total of three times, according to The Economist. In 2011, when the FBI reported 404 justifiable law enforcement homicides in the U.S., police killed six people in Australia, two in England, six in Germany. In the last decade alone the number of people killed d by police has reached 5,000. The number of soldiers killed since the inception of the Iraq war: 4489. http://thefreethoughtproject.com/americans-killed-cops-outnumber-americans-killed-iraq-war/
Obviously there are many reasons for these figures such as population, terrorism, immigration, economy and access to weapons etc. Population of the USA = 307 million + Easy Access to guns Population of Britain = 61.9 million + Most Police Officers do not carry guns Population of Australia = 21.9 million + Relatively law terrorism threat, (just) OK unemployment benefits + 100 thousand of Refugees in 7 years arrived from Iraq, Afghanistan, Myanmar/Burma, Bhutan, Congo, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia and other "prosperous" countries.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0
And yet another example of an over zealous police officer. Another frightening aspect of potential gun violence is the "right to carry without a permit" law. Several States are considering allowing citizens to arm themselves without training or permits. Thankfully in our neighboring State (WVa.) the governor vetoed the bill. Cap't Jack

I know I’ve seen a refutation of this idea that Britain is more peaceful as a result of less guns, but I don’t remember how it went. Population doesn’t seem to be it since the per thousand number is still higher. I’m not convinced it’s immigration either but I’d have to see how different we are diversity wise. Seems pretty obvious that less guns = less gun violence, even by police, but it could be useful as an exercise to try to make the opposite case. You would have to include all types of violence in the analysis.
Edit: Found a good hit pretty easy. According to this guy, and he shows his work, statements that Britain is more violent are exaggerations, based on the different definitions of “violent crime”, in the two countries.]

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0
And yet another example of an over zealous police officer. Another frightening aspect of potential gun violence is the "right to carry without a permit" law. Several States are considering allowing citizens to arm themselves without training or permits. Thankfully in our neighboring State (WVa.) the governor vetoed the bill. Cap't Jack
This story has been all over the news. Its scary that a simple traffic stop for a broken tail light that lead to discovery of an outstanding warrant for child support and then to the death of this unarmed man. There are so many things wrong with what happened. The cop tazes the man but that part of the encounter is not caught on video. The man then tries to run away ( well who wouldn't after a cop tazed them for a minor offense) and the cop then shoots him 8 times in the back. He then calls it in and claims he was afraid for his life because the man had taken his tazer but the video shows that this is not only untrue but in all likelihood the cop plants the tazer on the victim to cover his story. Now we will all be paying child support to his kids ( in the form of a civil suit settlement) because one cop decided to take out his frustration and gun this man down. It seems like cops have gotten a free ride for too long and they have developed a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for life in some quarters. Without a video who knows where this case would have gone but given the evidence seen on the video it seems to me this cop should spend the rest of his life in jail.
It seems like cops have gotten a free ride for too long and they have developed a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for life in some quarters. Without a video who knows where this case would have gone but given the evidence seen on the video it seems to me this cop should spend the rest of his life in jail.
And he probably will as he's already been arrested and charged with willful murder. This is going to prompt states to equip every cop with chest cameras, if nothing else to clearly show what the arresting officer does in reacting to an arrest. According to NPR it has been used in Calif. and the abuse by the police has dropped considerably. I believe that anyone who wears a badge should be properly trained. Too many police with a "mall cop" mentality. Cap't Jack
This story has been all over the news. Its scary that a simple traffic stop for a broken tail light that lead to discovery of an outstanding warrant for child support and then to the death of this unarmed man. There are so many things wrong with what happened. The cop tazes the man but that part of the encounter is not caught on video. The man then tries to run away ( well who wouldn't after a cop tazed them for a minor offense) and the cop then shoots him 8 times in the back. He then calls it in and claims he was afraid for his life because the man had taken his tazer but the video shows that this is not only untrue but in all likelihood the cop plants the tazer on the victim to cover his story. Now we will all be paying child support to his kids ( in the form of a civil suit settlement) because one cop decided to take out his frustration and gun this man down. It seems like cops have gotten a free ride for too long and they have developed a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for life in some quarters. Without a video who knows where this case would have gone but given the evidence seen on the video it seems to me this cop should spend the rest of his life in jail. Without the video,the cop's word would be paramount.. I suspect it happens multiple times a day. A civilian's word is hardly ever considered if it is contradicted by a cop's, no matter what the cop's record is. Cop's are almost always untouchable. Imagine all the cases without video where a cop's word is taken over that of a victim--and even witnesses--especially if the cop's white and the victim or witnesses are black. Something has to be done about rampant police brutality in this country. Nobody is safe and a cop will lie as quick as he will shoot. No civilized country has this kind if police brutality record. Yet the US claims to be civilized. It's no more covilized than any banana republic or brutal dictatorship. It is sickening to see what the United States has become. How much does anyone want to bet against me that this SC cop will get special treatment, will be able to plead fear for his life, despite the video, and receive a slap on the wrist, at worst. No doubt he'll be out on bail within a week. Multiply this by hundreds of police brutality cases every year. LL

New footage of the incident - it looks like Scott started running from the scene (like an idiot) after the cop walked back to the patrol car, and he wasn’t immediately tazed.

FWIW, Police can shoot if you take off running, but they’ve got to have reason to think you’re an imminent threat to others…and it doesn’t appear Scott was.

Something has to be done about rampant police brutality in this country. Nobody is safe and a cop will lie as quick as he will shoot. No civilized country has this kind if police brutality record. Yet the US claims to be civilized. It's no more covilized than any banana republic or brutal dictatorship. It is sickening to see what the United States has become. LL
Its not rampant.
I know I've seen a refutation of this idea that Britain is more peaceful as a result of less guns, but I don't remember how it went. Population doesn't seem to be it since the per thousand number is still higher. I'm not convinced it's immigration either but I'd have to see how different we are diversity wise. Seems pretty obvious that less guns = less gun violence, even by police, but it could be useful as an exercise to try to make the opposite case. You would have to include all types of violence in the analysis. Edit: Found a good hit pretty easy. According to this guy, and he shows his work, statements that Britain is more violent are exaggerations, based on the different definitions of "violent crime", in the two countries.]
The intentional homicide rate by all causes in the US per 100,000 population is 1.0. In the US it's 4.0. What does that tell you about the rates of violence by all means? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate Meanwhile, it's 52.6 in the US Virgin Islands, one of the highest rates in the world. I have no idea why it's so high there. Anyone have an idea? In the British Virgin Islands it's 8.4.