What to do with RobertF.KennedyJR crusade against medical sanity

The insanity just seems to be getting worse and worse. It hurts seeing the desert that CFI forum has become. I wonder, where are the people? Or are we, as a society, simply in a free fall. Everyone is strapped into their own lives, hanging on for dear life, as these wild day to days race on past em. A health community, physical healthy, a people who can talk to each other, a stable government, mental health, who’s got time for all that stuff?

I keep trying to have discussions, this is a discussion forum, so people come on with big ideas for all to behold. It’s great, let’s listen to it. …

Now can we discuss it in a rational constructive manner?

Nope, lordie, lordie, engage with on point questions and alternate perspectives, and next thing (all too often) the dialogue is reduced to a gotcha game - as though they’ve never actually deeply thought about the matter they are going on about. More like showing us a post card, rather than telling us about being there, and then being able to answer questions about the place.

Then there’s that resentment toward being shown new information, or a different interpretation, and such. As though a personal affront has been committed.

Why refuse to absorb anything others are saying? It makes no sense, yet that’s what’s happening, most have walled themselves off. And once again self-fulfilling prophecies and cascading consequences are set in motion.

Life is interesting and fascinating and we only have one life to live, why not do interesting constructive things, instead a huge portion of this country seems to want nothing so much as to tear down what their parents and grandparents built. We have a good government, quality of its members are lacking. That’s something We the People should care about and care about fixing. A healthy democracy demands an informed and engaged citizenry.

Instead we’ve degenerated into the fearful against a focused angry rabble. Under the banner of a society based on the notion that only their tribe deserves America - and: ‘if I can’t have her, no one can.’

The irony is that we’re also destroying our life support systems, quite literally. When we should be focusing on nurturing and slowing down the pace of destruction and and preparing for radical changes coming, we’re still dreaming of more consumption and peddle to the metal, and let’s spend countless treasure on sending a few humans to Mars. Because, well because, well shit, to would be soooo cool. What more reason do we need?

Our ability to compartmentalize and ignore is astounding and mind boggling. Now, even simple logical easily explainable medical science and practices honed by centuries of study and experience is back on trial because - because distracting the people is what it’s all about. It’s like what can ya do with a society where its citizens have become incapable of critical thinking and constructive curiosity and learning.

Excuse the free association, I’m still striving to process what we’re so blissfully doing to this Earth and ourselves.

Not to mention the level of obstinate, prideful, belligerent, willful ignorance. … Now onto the main topic.

I’m on DailyKos’s mailing list, despite unsubscribing, I don’t have the time to pay much attention to them, but once in a while something stands out and is worth sharing. I’ll follow up with a few other resources for further edification. Hope is a survival strategy in hopeless times. ?

… Kennedy “has done incredible damage to our ability to weather and emerge from this global pandemic”.

Kennedy has been a longtime anti-vaxxer, anti-masker whose lies and anti-science rhetoric has fueled the anti-vaccine movement; during a global pandemic nonetheless.

In fact, a study by The Center for Countering Digital Hate (PDF) found that just a dozen people are responsible for 65% of the COVID-19 disinformation being spread on social media platforms – Kennedy and his organization, Children’s Health Defense were listed as the second biggest offender.

They purposely targeted Black and Latinx communities that were already hard hit by the virus and they spread false statements about the effects of the vaccine on pregnant people.

Yet, Kennedy isn’t content just spreading dangerous, life-threatening misinformation and lies. He has also sued Daily Kos to unmask the identity of a community diarist for writing a story attacking him for attending an anti-mask rally in Berlin that was heavily planned, promoted, and attended by neo-Nazis.

Notably, even though the New York Times(<u>1)</u>, CBS(2) and other media outlets (PDF)(3) published similar stories, Kennedy is not suing those large news organizations because they have large legal departments to deal with petty lawsuits like this. No, Kennedy is siccing his lawyers Daily Kos, demanding personal identifying information on the user, because we are a smaller, independent news and activism hub who he thinks he can intimidate. Kennedy is trying to bully us.

… www_nytimes_com/2020/08/31/world/europe/reichstag-germany-neonazi-coronavirus.html

… https://www_cbsnews_com/news/berlin-police-break-up-anti-coronavirus-protest-after-18000-gather-with-no-masks-or-social-distancing/

… https: //iapps_courts_state.ny_us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=gAMqUJKpsgX4Hh/vz5NtkQ=

We need your help to protect our community and defend ourselves. Lawsuits like these are expensive to deal with, and nearly half of our revenue comes from thousands of grassroots supporters chipping in a few dollars at a time.

Amanda McKay, Daily Kos

In fact, a study by The Center for Countering Digital Hate (PDF) found that just a dozen people are responsible for 65% of the COVID-19 disinformation being spread on social media platforms — Kennedy and his organization, Children’s Health Defense were listed as the second biggest offender.

https: //252f2edd-1c8b-49f5-9bb2-cb57bb47e4ba.filesusr_com/ugd/f4d9b9_b7cedc0553604720b7137f8663366ee5_pdf

Contents

Introduction … 4

Executive Summary… 5

The Disinformation Dozen are responsible for up to 65% of anti-vaccine content … 6

The Disinformation Dozen account for up to 73% of Facebook’s anti-vaxx content…7

Facebook is underestimating the influence of leading anti-vaxxers … 8

Up to 17% of anti-vaccine tweets feature the Disinformation Dozen … 9

Platforms must act on the Disinformation Dozen … 10

Platforms must do more to protect users from harmful misinformation…11

Appendix: The Disinformation Dozen …12

1 Joseph Mercola…12

2 Robert F. Kennedy Jr. …14

3 Ty & Charlene Bollinger… 16

4 Sherri Tenpenny … 18

5 Rizza Islam…21

6 Rashid Buttar…24

7 Erin Elizabeth …25

8 Sayer Ji … 28

9 Kelly Brogan…31

10 Christiane Northrup …33

11 Ben Tapper…35

12 Kevin Jenkins… 38

_= .

Our post honesty age.

How Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Became the Anti-vaxxer Icon of America’s Nightmares The political scion has deployed a race-baiting “documentary” and disinformation to advance bogus theories and seed anti-vaccine sentiment. BY KEZIAH WEIR, MAY 13, 2021

For those who aren’t vaccine-suspicious, Kennedy’s is the only name on the list likely to ring any bells. And it’s his name recognition that makes him particularly worrisome to groups like the Anti-Vax Watch, which has been documenting Kennedy’s violations of social media misinformation policies.

In August 2020, Kennedy and the Children’s Health Defense launched a lawsuit against Facebook for helping to “censor valid and truthful speech” and “their smear campaign against Plaintiff,” seeking damages of $5 million or more. (In April, Jed Rubenfeld, who is currently suspended from his professorship at Yale Law School after an investigation into allegations by his students of sexual harassment, which he has denied, joined CHD’s legal team in the case.)

In February, Instagram barred Kennedy “for repeatedly sharing debunked claims about the coronavirus or vaccines,” according to a representative from Facebook, which owns Instagram, though his profile on that Facebook remains active, as does his Twitter account. According to a Facebook spokesperson, Facebook and Instagram remove user accounts after they perpetrate an unspecified number of repeated violations.

“That’s what makes me the angriest about these disinformation campaigns, that often they are coming from people with no scientific knowledge, no credibility,” says Jaimie Meyer, M.D., an infectious disease physician at Yale Medicine and an associate professor of medicine and public health at Yale School of Medicine. “There’s no evidence for anything.” …

On some other thread there was grumbling about how the nasty Democratic Party is hostile to Robert F Kennedy junior , the embracer and disseminator of unhinged lies about serious scientific matters.

Why should there be a stance that if you deliberate twist and misrepresent facts into blatant manipulative lies, that ignore all facts and enhance unsubstantiated fantasy to “faux fact.”
Why not attack him and try to keep him off the ballot?

I, hell WE, know the Republicans depend on deception, secrecy, and blatant lies to make their case.
Democrats shouldn’t fall victim to that - WHY NOT STAND UP FOR HONESTY???

Republicans are striving to advance an agenda that it should be legally acceptable to depend on broadcasting unhinged from scientific reality lies as proper legally protected speech - I don’t agree.

Lying about important matters is self destructive - CASE IN POINT - The mass acceptance of Climate Science disinformation - that is malicious lies and deception have brought us to the threshold of a truly “Biblical” catastrophe - nah, not in centuries or decades, in the next few years.

Back to that (excuse me) Kennedy junior

The BS’ers talk a great line (you know who you are), and oh how well they play the victim card, as they remain totally blinkered to the big picture, and the rest of the story.
An example of that good ol binary melodramatic thinking of the simpletons in action.

Self destructive is as self destructive does.

Bobby Kennedy is incorrect he can’t speak well, he is not correct what will happen Kenendy might not change things in somewhere else about the medical things. He might change for people to get better medicine for people.

You can see the BS and hatchet job in NYT reporting when they label him as anti vax after he has stated on the record that he takes vaccines as do his kids. Also note this is all the media will focus on as discussing his other policy positions ( except on israel) will expose him to be to the left of Biden. The corporate world and the DNC cant allow that

1 Like

No. But if you’d like to share the details and explain it.

There is that. I did hear him, gosh, fifteen years ago or so.
It seem really sad that his vocal cords totally suck, listening to him live takes a bit of effort and empathy.
But the starry eyed lefties aren’t all they’re cracked up to be either.

As for disqualifying someone who’s dishonest when communicating what are supportable science facts, honestly - I’m all for it. Lordie knows humoring climate science denial has fuk ed us, like the know-nothings can’t even imagine.

How Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Distorted Vaccine Science

His anti-vaccine credentials date back to 2005

… Kennedy made his name in the anti-vaccine movement in 2005, when he published a story alleging a massive conspiracy regarding thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative that had been removed from all childhood vaccines except for some variations of the flu vaccine in 2001. In his piece, Kennedy completely ignored an Institute of Medicine immunization safety review on thimerosal published the previous year; he’s also ignored the nine studies funded or conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that have taken place since 2003.

I first wrote about Kennedy and his foray into the anti-vaccine movement in “The Panic Virus,” my book about the persistence of the myth that vaccines can cause autism. Below is a lightly edited version of my chapter on Kennedy, titled “A Conspiracy of Dunces.” …

While Kennedy has been brazen in publicizing outright lies, he appears to be less loquacious when faced with skeptical reporters. I attempted to contact Kennedy more than 20 times over an 18-month period. At various points, I was told that he was considering my interview request, that he was on vacation, that he was dealing with a family crisis, that he wasn’t feeling well, that he was behind in his emails, and that he was on the verge of calling me back. (He never did.)

In the summer of 2005, Rolling Stone and Salon simultaneously published “Deadly Immunity,” a 4,700-word story on mercury in vaccines written by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. …

The thing is, we are in a propaganda system now. The vast list of negative sources on RFKII is somewhat meaningless. Just listen to him speak once or twice, and you’ll witness that this man has abilities far beyond Biden or Trump. He has a great mind. Sadly his distonia does cost him, yet upon adapting to it his speech is freely spoken and obviously of integrity. That said, I’ll conced he clearly is a clever politician.

The MSM has once again tied it’s shoelaces each to the next on this one, and there are more than two feet to deal with. The resentment of the public to the corrupt MSM, which is deep state driven. It has become common knowledge now that the CIA killed his Uncle and his father as a corollary I suppose. You want me to prove this? Sorry… take it up with Oliver Stone.

It’s just a matter of time til you come around.
The lies of the MSM are all about you.
Complicity was her name…

1 Like

Oh you mean the Hollywood screenwriter, movie director, producer of such block busters as “Nuclear Now” and “Scarface”?
Tell me, what could his Hollywood imagination and salesmanship teach me?

I’d rather you come up with something substantial to dispute Scientific American article, dismissing them as simply more “MSM” doesn’t cut it.

Provide some evidence.

That video made no points, I resent all the crying about “censorship” and “free speech” when the importance matter of “Honesty” is totally ignored. Or the matter that Free Speech does have its limits.

You can’t dismiss this one by labeling it MSM:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/08/robert-kennedy-jr-measles-vaccines-226798/

RFK Jr. Is Our Brother and Uncle. He’s Tragically Wrong About Vaccines.

We love Robert F. Kennedy Jr., but he is part of a misinformation campaign that’s having heartbreaking—and deadly—consequences.

By KATHLEEN KENNEDY TOWNSEND, JOSEPH P. KENNEDY II and MAEVE KENNEDY MCKEAN

May 08, 2019

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend is the former lieutenant governor of Maryland and the former chair of the Global Virus Network.

Joseph P. Kennedy II, a former member of Congress from Massachusetts, is the chairman and president of Citizens Energy Corporation.

Maeve Kennedy McKean is the executive director of Georgetown University’s Global Health Initiatives.

His views on vaccines are crackpot territory, but you’re right about everything else. However, if he got the nomination by some miracle, the antivaxx stuff would become a non-issue.

I have listened, and was unimpressed. Side note, Trump had abilities?

1 Like

Interesting update and highlight the victim mentality he seems to play on, a lot.

Fact check: RFK Jr.’s misleading viral claim about Secret Service protection

By Daniel Dale, CNN

Published 8:12 PM EDT, Fri July 28, 2023, Washington DC

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination against President Joe Biden, baselessly suggested Friday that the Biden administration is singling him out for rare treatment by denying him Secret Service protection.

Kennedy tweeted that Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas had decided that Secret Service protection for him is “not warranted at this time.” Kennedy said this denial came after nearly three months with no response to his campaign’s request for Secret Service protection and despite his campaign having submitted a 67-page report “from the world’s leading protection firm, detailing unique and well established security and safety risks aside from commonplace death threats.” …

Facts First: Kennedy’s suggestion that he is being treated differently than every other presidential candidate since 1968 is baseless. In reality, the vast majority of candidates in modern presidential primaries never receive Secret Service protection because they are not deemed “major” candidates – and it would be nearly unprecedented for even a major candidate to receive protection this early in a campaign if they did not already have it on account of currently or previously serving in the White House. A CNN review of presidential campaigns dating back to 1980 found that only then-Senator Barack Obama, who faced unique threats as a Black man with a realistic chance to become president, was granted Secret Service protection as early in a campaign as Kennedy is seeking it.

“We’re too far out from the election,” and Kennedy “just doesn’t meet the criteria,” said Jonathan Wackrow, a CNN law enforcement analyst and former Secret Service agent. “He’s not a major presidential candidate. You can make as many requests as you want; unless you meet that criteria that have been set forth, it’s just not warranted.”

Starting with the 1980 campaign (as far back as CNN could quickly find details on Friday), Obama was the only presidential candidate to be newly granted Secret Service protection this far from Election Day or earlier. Almost all of the presidential nominees, including Biden in 2020, did not have their protection begin until less than a year before Election Day, contemporaneous news reports show. (with the full line up following) …

Just saying, he sounds more like another drama queen than a serious contender.

Stumbled on this, this morning, ties into the above:

FURTHER READING

Robert Kennedy Jr., With Musk, Pushes Right-Wing Ideas and Misinformation(The New York Times)

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. tests the conspiratorial appetite of Democrats(Washington Post)

Have Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and His Anti-vax Conspiracies Found a Home?(Vanity Fair)

Absolutely amazed how tightly some here play to the line. The tension they must feel leads me to believe they are professionals…

Yeah there’s fidelity to honesty and there’s anything goes. Of course, rather than providing some actual facts to look at, it’s an agenda driven program you present, and any push back, of course, must be because we’re on The Bosses payroll.

Projection baby - because that’s actually how the MAGA crowd do it.

“his remarks that COVID was targeting . . .”

Is pretty outlandish, no matter who he claims it was “targeted” against.
It’s claiming that COVID was deliberately engineered - pretty fact less, malicious claim.

It’s alway precious hearing the Right Wing complaining about DemocraticParty secrecy - absolutely so sense of Fair Play among that crowd. Do as I say, not as I do.

1:50 sounds about right.
(We just wanted to ask if you stopped beating your wife yet? What’s wrong with that?)

2:10 Are you denying that Free Speech is not a green life for any kind of speech.
But, of course if “honesty” doesn’t mean anything to you, and you’re will to say whatever it takes to win, it’s a mute subject.

Then they say “Of course, misinformation protected by first amendment.” Absolutely no regard for mature public discourse being about getting to the honest facts of a matter.

2:50 BS on that.
It’s not about incorrect ideas - to about blatantly lying about the scientific facts!

Running out of time, so need to break off here, don’t know if I’ll get back to this manipulator broadcast.

Timb, your colors are showing, all your apparent information sources are offering is delusional thinking with attitude, and a road map to utter anarchy and collapse.

You fail to manage a view that is outside of the bipartisan system, which is well exposed as a fraud.
We’ve got two candidates now running to do in the deep state.
I’ll take either of them.

Silly boy, I’m asking for real supportable evidence and facts.

It is you who hasn’t coming up with any specifics, evidence or facts, instead, you deflect, then bring out the Gaslighting Squad, with their subtle deceptions, brazen lies and brainwashing technics.
What up?

As for the “bipartisan system” damn straight that’s what my American reality is built around, what do you have to offer, tear it down, and let the biggest bullies take over?

1 Like

I don’t “manage” views that aren’t supported by demonstrable evidence verified by separate sources. How I vote is a personal choice, with a lot of compromise.

This is exactly what has happened. The deep state has captured both parties. Democrats, and even the independent Bernie Sanders, are walking puppets for the deep state. They’ve been setup to be cut down on a moments notice. I suppose this is ultimately how it goes: Dossiers with every weakness of every candidate have been composed. Any candidate lacking such must be ‘developed’, shall we say, such that they understand that by hook or by crook if they do not cooperate there will be trouble. This is the best explanation of how we land in this state. It is exactly as you describe. You actually fit the description perfectly.

Who is the Deep State, the oligarch who are paying for Supreme Court justices?
Can you explain?

What “failed” regarding the COVID vaccine?

Can you explain?

The best explanation for how we landed in this state is that Americans are in love with stuff & delusional thinking - Hollywood dazzle and Wall Street gangster tough guy airs and profiteering is where it’s at. Striving for the most, with the least effort, is where it’s at. Disregard for others, is where it’s at. Refusal to soberly consider scientific reality, down to Earth facts. Hell, it’s worse, trying to teach sober scientific facts is considered a personal attack. Proudly insisting that your own self interests are the most important thing in the world.

Then that trump sprinkling his magical spells of hatred and destructive thinking, and just plain old stupid on top of stupid - simply poured gas on the fire. Don’t blame our institutes or the bureaucrats that are doing their job - blame ourselves.
We’ve done this to ourselves.

Pinker’s cherry picking and blind eye are wonderful examples of our delusional thinking writ large and I don’t think he’s part of the deep state.

1 Like

Name some members please