War on Christmas

The war on Christmas continues, apparently. Starbucks is excluding snowflakes from their red holiday coffee cup this season…
Huffington Post Article ]

And a snowflake represents exactly what Xtian symbol? Yet another strawman (snowman) for the Fundies to knock over in the continuing saga of “The war on Christmas”. I do recall them attacking Proctor and Gamble a few years back for their symbol depicting the “man in the Moon” and whining about how it was a Satanic symbol. Sound familiar?
Cap’t Jack

The war on Christmas continues, apparently. Starbucks is excluding snowflakes from their red holiday coffee cup this season... Huffington Post Article ]
What do snowflakes have to do with Christmas except that they are a SECULAR symbol requistioned by Christmas card and decoration designers? Can anyone explain that? Not one snowflake could have fallen in Bethlehem around the putative birth of Jesus. Lois

LoisL you’re such a stickler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The war on Christmas continues, apparently. Starbucks is excluding snowflakes from their red holiday coffee cup this season... Huffington Post Article ]
Besides, what's wrong with rejecting a financially self-destructive consumerist holiday like Christmas?
Besides, what's wrong with rejecting a financially self-destructive consumerist holiday like Christmas? Ahh, those were the days when we complained about the commercialization of Christmas instead of complaining about stores not being open early enough or just about any symbol created since Dickens, being taken away.
Besides, what's wrong with rejecting a financially self-destructive consumerist holiday like Christmas? Ahh, those were the days when we complained about the commercialization of Christmas instead of complaining about stores not being open early enough or just about any symbol created since Dickens, being taken away. Now the so-called Christians want to force people to say "Merry Christmas" even if they don't care to and even if they don't believe in Christmas or its symbolism. What Starbucks should do is provide cups that say only "Happy Hanukkah." Anyone who complains would be deemed an anti-Semite. Lois
Now the so-called Christians want to force people to say “Merry Christmas" even of they don’t care to and even if they don’t believe in Christmas or its symbolism.
David Niose has written several articles on the apparent need for fundamentalists, most especially in the rural south to depict themselves as the oppressed by attacking anything symbolic of their. His contention is that they are the oppressors by insisting that everyone conform to their perception of Xtianity. They often latch onto an argument or sensationalist claim that nonbelievers are going to pry the cross from their fingers. Niose has been threatened with death whenever he pursues lawsuits against these believers and oftentimes this is why he files the suits under a "John Doe", to physically protect his clients from the followers of the "Prince of Peace". Cap't Jack
Now the so-called Christians want to force people to say “Merry Christmas" even of they don’t care to and even if they don’t believe in Christmas or its symbolism.
David Niose has written several articles on the apparent need for fundamentalists, most especially in the rural south to depict themselves as the oppressed by attacking anything symbolic of their. His contention is that they are the oppressors by insisting that everyone conform to their perception of Xtianity. They often latch onto an argument or sensationalist claim that nonbelievers are going to pry the cross from their fingers. Niose has been threatened with death whenever he pursues lawsuits against these believers and oftentimes this is why he files the suits under a "John Doe", to physically protect his clients from the followers of the "Prince of Peace". Cap't Jack
No question, Feuerstein's entire thesis, all of his rants, are based on the idea that taking away anything from his position of privilege is equivalent to persecution. It's a confusion of the rest of the world ignoring Christianity because it has implemented better systems and uses better tools with the notion that Christianity is ignored because evil has taken over or people are lazy or they just forgot about Christ or whatever.

The so called war on Christmas is actually a very strong indication that American culture is probably correctly viewed by corporations as shifting toward a more pluralist or completely secular position. This is the best holiday gift I can think of. Goodbye to Christian privelige and good riddance!

Heard on the radio that the main complaint here is that the cups are red for xmas but don’t have Jesus on them - hence Starbucks is fighting a war on Christians. To me this whole thing proves one thing - how weakly fundamentalists actually hold their beliefs. Somewhere deep in their conscience they know something’s not right. So they need constant reinforcement to keep those thoughts out of mind. Pitiful actually.

Heard on the radio that the main complaint here is that the cups are red for xmas but don't have Jesus on them - hence Starbucks is fighting a war on Christians. To me this whole thing proves one thing - how weakly fundamentalists actually hold their beliefs. Somewhere deep in their conscience they know something's not right. So they need constant reinforcement to keep those thoughts out of mind. Pitiful actually.
tweaking on cognitive dissonance i suspect.
No question, Feuerstein’s entire thesis, all of his rants, are based on the idea that taking away anything from his position of privilege is equivalent to persecution. It’s a confusion of the rest of the world ignoring Christianity because it has implemented better systems and uses better tools with the notion that Christianity is ignored because evil has taken over or people are lazy or they just forgot about Christ or whatever.
Feuerstein is a con artist who generates money by generating outrage. The money is supposed to be donated for one good cause or the other, but it all seems to be going into his pockets.
Feuerstein is a con artist who generates money by generating outrage. The money is supposed to be donated for one good cause or the other, but it all seems to be going into his pockets.
This guy's just another Elmer Gantry who figured out the con and is using it to his benefit. He wants to break into the televangelist shtick and rake in millions from his tin foil hat followers. However, he's a small fish compared to Ken Hamm who is building his mythical boat to the tune of millions of dollars, some of it with taxpayer funds and in all probability Kentucky's new Teaparty Governor is going to let him get away with it. Cap't Jack

I can’t go that easily to “con artist”. I saw him in a program with interviewers and a small group of people of mixed beliefs. If he is a con, he is a good actor. He got slammed of course, because it’s easy to rant with no one to interrupt you, not so easy when people are calling you on your lies.

I can't go that easily to "con artist". I saw him in a program with interviewers and a small group of people of mixed beliefs. If he is a con, he is a good actor. He got slammed of course, because it's easy to rant with no one to interrupt you, not so easy when people are calling you on your lies.
He asked his youtube viewers for $10,000 to buy video equipment so he can stop recording with his vertical phone. He raised over ten grand, and still uses his annoying phone. He asks for money for other projects, but has no accountability as far as how it is used. He does however, post pictures of himself with expensive jewelry etc.
I can't go that easily to "con artist". I saw him in a program with interviewers and a small group of people of mixed beliefs. If he is a con, he is a good actor. He got slammed of course, because it's easy to rant with no one to interrupt you, not so easy when people are calling you on your lies.
He asked his youtube viewers for $10,000 to buy video equipment so he can stop recording with his vertical phone. He raised over ten grand, and still uses his annoying phone. He asks for money for other projects, but has no accountability as far as how it is used. He does however, post pictures of himself with expensive jewelry etc. I guess "con artist" to me means some intention to con. But I'd have to assume pretty wild mental gymnastics for him to misdirect funds like that. I'm hoping right now that a lot of people are in very embarrassing conversations about how they sent some Feuerstein link out a while back, now their friends are saying, "hey, didn't you support that red cup guy?"
Heard on the radio that the main complaint here is that the cups are red for xmas but don't have Jesus on them - hence Starbucks is fighting a war on Christians. To me this whole thing proves one thing - how weakly fundamentalists actually hold their beliefs. Somewhere deep in their conscience they know something's not right. So they need constant reinforcement to keep those thoughts out of mind. Pitiful actually.
The cups never had Jesus on them! They had snowflakes! Lois
The cups never had Jesus on them! They had snowflakes! Lois And the most glaring question here is why target Starbucks, when there are no other corporations, large or small, that I can think of that do depict Jesus or overt religious symbolism in their venues or in their marketing practices? If he wants to target corporations, why not ask Chick-Fil-A' CEO, who has made very clear he is a Christian and wishes to run his business on Christian principles, why he does not affix an effigy of Jesus on cups? If you're going to press for inserting ideology into mainstream marketing, wouldn't you want to start with a company that you know actually shares your ideology? The pastor is just acting like this because he does not like Starbucks' CEO's views on guns or marriage equality.

Well, there won’t be anymore Christmases for Starbucks to ruin:

This never would’ve happened if the snowflakes were kept on the cups!