Vaccinated losing patience with unvaccinated

I know I have, especially if they spew misinformation that’s been debunked or anti-science junk. I’ve also lost patience with Gov’ner Parson, who didn’t want cities or counties to have mask mandates again, yet they are and the State of MO is suing each city in MO that has mask mandates again. It’s all really stupid, including Gov’ner Parson. I didn’t stop wearing my mask, in part because my doctor said it was premature even for the fully vaccinated (she was right too) and because of fear of a breakthrough infection. I continue to wear my mask with no desire to do otherwise. The dude who was in the hospital with COVID-19 (I think he went on a ventilator after he said it) still says he won’t get vaccinated will probably be one who earns the Darwin Award at the end of the year, if not before. Sadly, I fear, the virus will become endemic. If we had the same issues with the Polio vaccine, we wouldn’t be where we are today with that virus, but too many humans today are too stupid to do what needs to be done to fight COVID-19. It’s like some de-evolved. I’m not angry about going back to masks, because I never stopped wearing mine, despite being fully vaccinated. I’m angry with all the stupid humans in this world, including Gov’ner Parson. They make those of us who are smart enough to wear masks, social distance, and get vaccinated look bad, all because we live in the same state. Vaccine passports would be great too, but Gov’ner Parson won’t allow that either. And those who say it’s their choice, their body, and their right to not get the vaccine never once thought that women should have the right to carry a pregnancy to term or terminate it was their choice, their body, their right. Anti-vaxxers rather harm others than think rationally. If they don’t start thinking rationally, COVID-19 vaccines might not work and the virus becomes endemic with serious consequences to the human species.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/us/vaccinated-americans-frustrated-surge-mandates/index.html

But with Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations now surging again and officials across the US suddenly reimposing restrictions after a summer of semi normalcy, McCullough and many other vaccinated Americans are becoming increasingly angry at those who are refusing the shot.
The average number of new cases daily is up more than 400% since last month. Hospitals are again filling with Covid-19 patients -- many younger than ever before, and most unvaccinated. Mask mandates are back in parts of the country. And this week, the CDC updated guidance it issued in May and said fully vaccinated people should wear masks indoors in areas with "substantial" or "high" Covid-19 transmission to prevent further spread of the dangerous Delta variant. More than 80% of the US population lives in a county impacted by that guidance.
While Tolford said she understands people's feelings about being forced to take a shot, she said a lot of people view their decision to refuse as a "Constitutional-like freedom," when, really, it's a communal public health issue.
"Personal liberty is really exaggerated in this country, to the point where people are just flat out being put in danger," McCullough said. "That people think that they have this authority, and this autonomy, to just put others at risk, is infuriating." He said he worries about the virus continuing to mutate and eventually becoming much worse than the current circulating variants. "It's not freedom that you make this decision that then impacts my freedom," he said. "That's not freedom one bit."
1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one angry about the current situation in the U.S., especially in MO, AR, TX, and other states with high Delta. As I said, I’m also scared that the unvaccinated will cause all our efforts to get vaccinated will be all for not. A few weeks ago, my husband and I went down to Southern MO to see my mother, who I had not seen in two years thanks to the virus and we went to the wrong building, but didn’t realize it yet. We open the door and they said, “We need to ask you to stay outside, because we have COVID in here. Someone will be out to talk to you.” We jumped back quickly and I was on the verge of tears, thinking I’d not get to see my mother, despite being fully vaccinated. Fortunately, it was the wrong the building and the building she is in was at that time safe from COVID-19 (I think it still is, although my mother said something about someone have the plague over the phone last we spoke). The Delta variant came close to causing us (and maybe others) having a wasted trip and all because people refuse to get vaccinated and are infecting some elderly people, who aren’t vaccinated. Luckily, my mother is, but for how long thanks to those who refuse the vaccine?

Specifically, she’s furious at those eligible to get vaccinated who refuse, citing misinformation or a desire to make a political statement. Graves, who lives in New York City, said she’s more understanding of those who worry the vaccines were rushed to market or people of color whose communities have been historically mistreated by medical professionals. But Graves said she worries about getting long-term symptoms if she contracts a rare breakthrough infection of covid-19.

An unwelcome resurgence of the coronavirus has caused a groundswell of impatience, frustration and even rage from Americans who got their shots months ago toward those whose resistance won’t budge. States are reimplementing mask requirements, corporations are delaying their returns to the office and support is building for more coercive ways to tamp down the virus’s spread, including vaccine mandates.

Watching it all, the vaccinated are emphasizing that it didn’t have to be this way.

It’s like some de-evolved. I’m not angry about going back to masks, because I never stopped wearing mine, despite being fully vaccinated.
Sorry I couldn't post more because this is my 12-hour workday and my mind is too tired to read the details of your post (not saying it isn't important). I wanted to say that it's so frustrating on all sides. Both left, and right seems to have these fringe groups telling them not to get vaccinated (Enter reason here), but what I find even more frustrating is that people just won't keep their distance and/or wear a mask. Seriously, however you see this, whether it's about your beliefs (not you personally) about control, or some microchip being injected to track you (mind-numbingly stupid btw) how much could it possibly hurt to wear a mask and keep your distance?

I’ve said this before many times. You can have arrogance, or stupidity, but don’t have both. Both will get people killed. (not that it’s some genius line, but it rings true in situations like these)

I’m surprised no one has thought to start some kind of class action lawsuit again the various Repub Governors who have outlawed masks, downplayed vaccines, etc.

You can have arrogance, or stupidity, but don’t have both.
Isn't arrogant stupidity coupled with totalitarian tendencies the defining fact of the trumpian world and its inhabitants?

Not to mention a visceral resentment at the notion of education and learning from their own mistakes.

Along with a sociopathic disrespect, if not hatred, for all “other” humans that make up this once great nation of ours.

I’m surprised no one has thought to start some kind of class action lawsuit again the various Repub Governors who have outlawed masks, downplayed vaccines, etc.

If one has money to do that, but in this economy, most people don’t have the money and part of the reason for the economy is again the Repugs doing. Trick down and Reaganomics do not work.

@mriana I just got vaccinated yesterday and so far it hasn’t affected me yet in any way (crossed fingers).

Sorry if this is off-topic, just wanted to throw that out there. I would have done it much earlier but I’m dealing with a lot as of late.

@ mitch70
<h4>Good for you! I’ll shake your hand… </h4>

@mitch70

I just got vaccinated yesterday and so far it hasn’t affected me yet in any way (crossed fingers).

I’m so glad you did. If it’s Pfizer or Moderna, it’s the second one you feel, but some people (moi) not as bad as others (my husband). About 24 hours later, I had some joint and muscle aches, with swollen glands under the arm that got the shot with the second one. My husband (again about 24 hours later), who has asthma, high blood pressure, and obese (high risk if he were to get COVID), spiked a bit of a fever, headache, had muscle and joint pains, and in general felt the need to go to bed and sleep it off because he didn’t feel so great. It went away by the next morning. He said he’s still glad he got fully vaccinated because the short term pain/issues is worth the long term gain.

I had my first vaccination after I contracted a mild case of Covid (3 days in hospital) and had a week of some distress, probably because my immune system was already sensitized. 2 months later (heart surgery in between), I had my second shot without any ill effects.

My neighbor was hesitant to get vaccinated and I posed this question to her. “Which odds would you like for contracting Covid 1/1,000 or 1/1,000,000?”

When she replied 1/1,000, 000 I told her that right now her odds were 1/1,000, so get that shot and be one in a million instead of one in a thousand to get sick. There was a short silence and then she said, “I never looked at it that way”.

Can’t argue with the maths.

I just got vaccinated yesterday and so far it hasn’t affected me yet in any way (crossed fingers).

Sorry if this is off-topic, just wanted to throw that out there. I would have done it much earlier but I’m dealing with a lot as of late.

Just hope the experts don’t change the vaccine status from “slightly less effective against delta” to “much less effective against delta” — which is quite possible.

@thatoneguy It’s unlikely, but they are concerned about the Lamda variant. In lab tests, it’s managed to get around the vaccine. I don’t know how they tested this, because I’ve only read this one article on it.

We get the same trouble in France.

I am fully vaccinated, so is my wife, so are most members of our families.

Why do people resolutely don’t want to be vaccinated ?

Misinformation, fear, lack of trust in government, science and " main stream media", underplaying the disease form a very powerful mix.

An exemple: in France, in hospital, half of July, 90 % of the doctors were vaccinated, 70 % of the nurses and people at this level and only 40 % of care-givers, cleaners, cooks and other auxiliaires.

The government has decided that unvaccinated people working in hospital will not be able to work and will not get pay. In fact everywhere, unvaccinated people will be able to go to cinema, restaurant, in many places, and will be deprived of many jobs.

We have demonstrations every Saturday and more and more people demonstrate, at a time when almost half of the French are on vacation.

Unvaccinated people want the same rights as vaccinated people. In fact in France, unvaccinated people are losing patience !

In France a very skilled film made by conservationists called " Hold up" has been seen by millions of people. Its theory is that the Covid has been created by the Pasteur Institute, at the instigation of the very rich people, to give them a tool to exterminate the poors who are useless to them. And it has been believed. It has been debunked with very little effect.

I have watched it, taken notes, checked some points in my professional field and some other points. I have written a note, i have sent to the people who had told me that i was not allowed to criticize the film as long as i had not seen it. No one answered to me !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteur_Institute

The Pasteur Institute (French: Institut Pasteur) is a French non-profit private foundation dedicated to the study of biology, micro-organisms, diseases, and vaccines. It is named after Louis Pasteur, who invented pasteurization and vaccines for anthrax and rabies.

The World Health Organization is calling for a stop to booster vaccinations and help the nations with shortages.

Repugs and wing-nuts are now clamoring and demanding to get both doses and a booster in the same day because it’s their right, their Freedom! It’s In The Constitution!!!

@mrmhead

Repugs and wing-nuts are now clamoring and demanding to get both doses and a booster in the same day because it’s their right, their Freedom! It’s In The Constitution!!!

What? They can’t get all three at once. That’s not how vaccination works. I knew they were stupid, but I didn’t think they were that stupid.

@morgankane01

Unvaccinated people want the same rights as vaccinated people. In fact in France, unvaccinated people are losing patience !

IMHO, unvaccinated people really should not have the same rights as vaccinated people, especially when it comes to deadly diseases, such as COVID-19. No COVID-19 vaccination, no job. No vaccination, no indoor theatre. Etc etc. Of course, if they have no job then they won’t be able to go to the theatre. We already have a requirement that all children need to be fully vaccinated to attend school unless they have a religious or medical exemption (although I don’t think we need to have a religious exemption, because superstition gets humans into trouble). Now some may ask if they have no job how they pay food, housing, and other basic needs? Well, that is a problem, but people can still eat with food stamps, but that’s all they can buy with that. Tp for their bung-hole? Not a problem- there are places for the poor to get essential needs like that. Basically, the unvaccinated will be living hand to mouth until they do get vaccinated, while those who are vaccinated will have more freedoms. Either that or they could work at a grocery store or some minimum wage job, because those owners don’t care about their employees enough to force them to get vaccinated. They don’t care if their employees get COVID and die.

Macron losing votes with push for compulsory vaccinations.

@djtexas

Macron losing votes with push for compulsory vaccinations.

Those who are against compulsory vaccinations will probably be the ones who die from COVID-19. I say forget them and let them go without jobs or without jobs with a living wage. They don’t need to be able to easily infect others with mutated version of the virus. I also think if they refuse to vaccinate their kids when they are able to get it, then they are guilty of child neglect and be charge with such. In other words, I don’t care about those who don’t want to vote for such a thing. They will probably end up dying from COVID-19 or suffer from it for a long to come when they get it. I’m tired of them running around without a vaccination and/or a mask, acting like they aren’t hurting anyone, when they really are harming themselves and others.

French Morenoites call on trade unions to join anti-vaccine protests

Do I sound like I care? I don’t even believe trade unions will be dumb enough to cave into not getting vaccinated against COVID-19, especially after what happened to the meat packers, who BTW are getting vaccinated, if they aren’t already.