Updated: Experiences

Here is a condensed version of my original post + comments that I ended up posting elsewhere out of embarrassment. I would like to apologize, I was feeling vulnerable at the time and ended up getting my feelings hurt by a completely rational comment.
“I’d like to start by saying that I have experienced paranormal activity or otherwise unexplained happenings for a majority of my life. For the most part, if I don’t pay close attention or dabble in the occult I don’t experience much.
But I’ve been having trouble sleeping the past few nights after an event left me feeling spooked. Earlier this week, my partner tells me that I shot up in my sleep and said “He’s here for me.” Now, I do talk in my sleep and have a tendency to sleepwalk, so I wasn’t too concerned about it and laughed it off stating that I was the best sleeping partner (because of the creepy factor). In short, I didn’t think much of it. Then, two nights ago, I woke to the sound of scratching near the ceiling above the head of the bed. Then, I heard a male voice whisper, “She’s here." The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I looked over to my fiance to see if he was still asleep but he just looked at me and said, “I heard it too." I could have explained away the scratching as maybe mice in the walls, but the fact that it was followed by a voice that 2 people heard clear as day has left me questioning what is going on here. (And I knew that he had heard the same thing I did because when I asked what he heard he could repeat it without me telling him the words that I had heard.)
As added information, I was talking with my mother on the phone the day after Christmas and we got to talking about past paranormal experiences. When we brought up the one where I had experienced scratch marks on my door at college (along with doors opening behind me without any physical person being there) a loud static came over the phone and the call was dropped. Neither of us were able to call the other back for a few minutes, and when we got back on the phone we both made comments about how weird the experience was. Then my mom brought up the other time we had talked about paranormal topics on the phone and we had heard a growl on her end (I heard it over the phone, she had heard it behind her).
Mind you, there are many experiences that I’ve had over the years, but these are some of the events that I think are related to one another. I don’t live in the same state as my family anymore, and all of these events have happened at various places, so it’s not bound by location."

My first thought that comes to mind is this – when he said “I heard it too”, was he talking about the scratching or did he definitely hear the voice? Just to be clear on that.
As to what’s going on… you state that you have experienced paranormal activity from time to time all your life, which implies to me that you are open to paranormal events and don’t think of them as out of the ordinary for you. So what makes this one different? You wake up in the middle of the night, probably in the middle of a dream (even if you can’t consciously remember it), and you say, “He’s here for me”. Your partner shared this experience with you. So you both wake up again, hearing some random noise (I hear scratches and moanings in my water pipes all the time), and you are primed and ready to interpret it as human speech.
Of course that’s just my interpretation, as a perfect stranger who wasn’t there in person. Please keep us updated on anything else that happens.

I would like to apologize, I was feeling vulnerable at the time and ended up getting my feelings hurt by a completely rational comment.

Sorry, didn’t read your whole post. If you want anyone to be interested in this in any serious sense of the word, next time, when you have a feeling, write down what it is and take a picture of it with some sort of time stamped camera. One guy used to write down his dreams and then go to the bank machine and hold it up to their camera. He thought he had predicted a plane crash and wanted to prove he could predict things. He never proved anything. Your camera has a phone, and I’m sure things get stamped as they go to the cloud now, so it’s much easier.
So, with your boyfriend, first you write it down, then he writes it down, then you show each other what you thought you heard. If that works, you could get more serious about recording your data.

Thanks. Stick around if you’d like. We’re just a bunch of bored geezers, looking for the answers to life’s persistent questions.

Nevermind, I feel ashamed for asking. Couldn't figure out how to delete the post.
There's no reason to feel ashamed, Casey. You've experienced something interesting, something that affected you enough emotionally that you wanted to share it with us. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the price you pay for having that wonderful brain of yours with that vivid imagination, and that's a GOOD thing. Please try to restore your original post so that people who come along later can benefit from the entire thing.
Nevermind, I feel ashamed for asking. Couldn't figure out how to delete the post.
There's no reason to feel ashamed, Casey. You've experienced something interesting, something that affected you enough emotionally that you wanted to share it with us. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the price you pay for having that wonderful brain of yours with that vivid imagination, and that's a GOOD thing. Please try to restore your original post so that people who come along later can benefit from the entire thing. Yes, at least we’d know what the hell he was ashamed of. Lois

You’ll have to forgive me because to the best of my knowledge, I’ve never had a paranormal experience, and for that reason I don’t know what to make of it. What do you think it means? It strikes me as interesting that the pronoun changed. You originally woke up saying, “HE’S here for me,” then on the second occasion, you and your fiancé both here, “SHE’S here.” Do you think that means something? Do you remember what you were dreaming about at the time, either time?