United Americans living on the Native Americans lands

Good question. We can start with taking the money out of elections. Today elections are bought. A political career is no longer a service but a business opportunity and has become the domain of lies and misrepresentation by opportunists.

Maybe it’s better that oneguy remains asleep to the changing landscape of America. Arizona would have something to say about Natives not effecting politics. A simple search turns up recent bills. But, fine, go back to bed oneguy, your white world is just fine.

1 Like

It’s appalling. Fans use their hand as if it were a hatchet or tomahawk and make an obnoxious noise. Painted horses, a painted white man dressed as a “chief”, the list goes on and on. It’s offensive and I’m not even full blooded Native.

There’s no horse (have a weird fox, which is better and I think he’s one of the changes), but at the 17 second mark, they start with the stupid stuff that is supposed to end eventually. The obnoxious of it makes me sick to my stomach.

The fight between Native Americans v Chiefs football team and fans:

Blockquote For 30 years, this roar-inducing cry has been synonymous with the Chiefs, so much so that you might even hear it break out at a Kansas City restaurant, bar or wedding.

It’s so obnoxious. Fans can break out in the middle of a KC Hellmart (or anywhere in MO) with that obnoxious behaviour. It’s sickening. But some things have changed, including the symbol for the heartbeat of Mother Earth (the drum):

Blockquote The Chiefs’ recent changes — disallowing headdresses and face paint, the blessing of the drum — began with a cup of coffee.

Blockquote Donovan and Learned met at a coffee shop, and Donovan opened with a list of complaints from Native Americans that had been brought to his attention.

Learned, 66, grew up in Oklahoma. He said he’s been a Chiefs fan since day one — on the day he heard the team name, he and his mother developed an attachment. That partly explains his desire to see the name persist, he acknowledged. Bartle earned his nickname due to his involvement with the Boy Scouts of America and his founding of the Tribe of Mic-O-Say.

“If it didn’t bother me then, why should it bother me now? If it didn’t bother my elders, why should it bother me?” Learned asks. “What’s racist about it? Seriously. What’s racist about it?”

But when Donovan explained the Chiefs’ use of a drum to begin The Chop, Learned replied, “Well, now we have a problem.”

The drum is a significant symbol in Native culture, representative of a heartbeat. If the Chiefs wanted to continue using it, Learned said, it should first be properly blessed by Native Americans.

Blockquote Learned’s second sticking point — fans in headdresses — initiated a longer battle. His working group began with educating fans on its importance — likening it to someone outside the military wearing a military uniform, complete with stripes.

Respect puts fist to heart

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-superbowl-race-idUSKBN1ZW0J6

Blockquote One sign of change on the local level came months before the Chiefs ever landed in Miami, when the Kansas City Star here advocated for an end to the chanting and chopping hand gestures in a November editorial that called the practice, “a bad look for Kansas City - and an affront to Native Americans.”

Blockquote “I find a tomahawk chop to be extremely insulting because it is essentially a cartoon stereotype version of what a Native American is,” Schilling wrote.

“As the information age of television fades into history and people become collectively less tolerant toward stereotypes, the teams will have no choice.”

The war paint: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/27/tomahawk-chop-kansas-city-chiefs/

The Chiefs didn’t change their name before the Superbowl and haven’t changed it yet, though I don’t have as much of a problem with the name as I do the abhorrent chant and the abused symbols:

It just goes on and on though and not much as been resolved, except banning fans from wearing the ritual headdress and war paint. They still do the sickening obnoxious change and that stupid chop.

Fine but shrinking:
Nearly all groups saw population gains this decade and the increase in the Two or More Races population (referred to throughout this story as the Multiracial population) was especially large (up 276%). The White alone population declined by 8.6% since 2010.
Source - Census.gov

Yes, it means citizens are concerned about things that actually matter.

Blacks are a much bigger population and they dominate most of pop culture.

Things that actually matter? Like Biden putting food on the table of people who lost their job from the pandemic?

Or

Like gerrymandering voting districts and making it more difficult for certain segments of the population like Indians to have free and unencumbered access to voting.

The BIG LIEs spouted by anonymous seditionists like QAnon.

Is that the informed citizenry you identify with? That mob what stormed the Nation’s Capitol while in session? The MAGAs? The Neo-Nazies? The Southern Clans?

That seditionist gang that declares the last election was won by Trump and is now in process of defrauding Arizona and it’s tax payer money on endless recounting of votes and looking for bamboo fibers from China.

Are you even a citizen?

2 Likes

Yes, things like fighting the pipeline and protecting the water, wanting it to be clean. Ironically, that’s also what the Water Protectors do. We’re also concerned with housing, just as the N.A. are. We’re also concerned with the environment and so are the N.A. The list goes on and on. Those things actually matter, so there you go. N.A. issues do matter and these are things that others are concerned about and they are things that matter. Oh yes, they are also concerned with COVID-19, so are most the smart people in this country- again, something that matters. Also concerned with other health care matters, again, a thing that matters. So there you go, these are things that all people care about and they matter.

No they are not. I just showed you that the population numbers are the same in those links and you obviously didn’t read them. The only difference is that Blacks are more spread out in the nation. If you lived in a small town you probably won’t see any Black people. Or if you lived in AZ or N.M. there aren’t many Black people out there either, but you will see more N.A. It all depends on where you live.

This doesn’t get us anywhere. Honestly, there’s so much ambiguity in everyone’s posts that there will never be any room for people to find common ground.

First off, explain the fallacy of this post.

Yes, it means citizens are concerned about things that actually matter.

Everyone has their own perspective about what matters. Assuming that all citizens agree is an absurd statement.

Things that actually matter? Like Biden putting food on the table of people who lost their job from the pandemic?

(Sorry w4u) But this is the same level of ambiguity. I personally don’t think Biden cares for anyone, nor have I seen him care for anyone but himself and those who support him. Biden is an arrogant jackass losing what’s left of his mind. Check back some 20+ years ago on his talk to Thomas Sowell. Or better yet, watch his debate with his own VP Kamala Harris. He’s no hero of the people.

The greater majority of the right do not agree with QAnon and their actions. It’s just another radical terrorist group like BLM and ANTIFA.

You’re pushing the actions of Anon as being the conservative norm, but it’s in no way reflects the ideas of modern conservatives. I’m sure you can find radical jerks out there, but the mainstream conservative groups I’ve seen do no support this in any way. I do see a lot of support though with groups that believe in burning buildings and destroying lives in the name of justice.

Honestly, please check the numbers of such groups mentioned on how many actually exists to this day. MAGA is not even close to the same league of the other names mentioned as they have not destroyed businesses.

wfu I get real unpopular this way because I know this comes off as a personal attack. It isn’t because I respect you far too much. My reasoning is to point out that there are always different ways to see things, but always work to find the most logical conclusion.

They just failed in a attempt to take over the government and perhaps kill the people in line for the presidency, such as Pence and Pelosi. They barely failed. If they had been able to take congress hostage, Trump would still be president and this country would no longer be a democracy.
This was very reminiscent of the failed Hitlers BeerHall putsch and after he was convicted of treason he served a few years and then became Chancellor of Germany and WWII happened. The parallels are scary.

But it was just a very small group of people who made this attempt. I think half the idiots went in there not having any idea of what they’d do once they had got in there.

“Hey Bob, why’d you bring a noose with you?”
“Shut up Tom! Mind your own business and help me with this door!”

These images come to mind. It seems the idiot fuel that drives both the left and right are the extremes of each opposing side. Eventually, you have to ask yourself which extreme has more influence in the direction of this country? I see Tiktok as being the most unrecognized form of propaganda which is run by the Chinese btw, that people seem to lack the notice of. The media plays off the extreme as the norm. It’s why we have black people acting as though 1 and 4 are being killed by officers, but has anyone ever crunched the real numbers? I’ve done my part on this and to be honest I don’t see any hope in humanity. The media has done all too well to paint a picture that society is all too willing to accept as fact.

And then Congress didn’t impeach Trump for his actions. And voters didn’t complain about the ones who voted to not impeach. Seems like a lot of people think it’s fine to poop in the Capitol building.

Dude, they were storming the Capital Building of the US!
Get real, they were acting like rabid dogs attacking our government.

They were dreaming of bringing anarchy to Washington DC -

DO THE CRIME, DO THE TIME. isn’t that a Republican chant?
Why aren’t your criminals standup enough and take their well deserved punishment?
No body forced any of them to do what they did, or go where they went, now they are whiny little cusses.
Phony to the bone, like all bullies. grrrrrrrrr

lausten

10d

And then Congress didn’t impeach Trump for his actions. And voters didn’t complain about the ones who voted to not impeach. Seems like a lot of people think it’s fine to poop in the Capitol building.

citizenschallengev4

9d

Dude, they were storming the Capital Building of the US!
Get real, they were acting like rabid dogs attacking our government.

They were dreaming of bringing anarchy to Washington DC -

DO THE CRIME, DO THE TIME. isn’t that a Republican chant?
Why aren’t your criminals standup enough and take their well deserved punishment?
No body forced any of them to do what they did, or go where they went, now they are whiny little cusses.
Phony to the bone, like all bullies. grrrrrrrrr

so is this is how you view all conservatives?

[quote=“mitch70, post:54, topic:8173”]

But it was just a very small group of people who made this attempt. I think half the idiots went in there not having any idea of what they’d do once they had got in there.

Hitler tried to take over Germany in the Beer Hall Putsch with 500 gangsters?
He was arrested, tried for treason, and convicted . He wrote Mein Kampf in prison. After serving a couple of years he was released and became Reichs Chancellor.
And guess what happened? WWII

That’s all it takes when you can take the legitimate government hostage. Or when you cheat your way to being elected with BIG LIES!

Me personally, no. It’s true however that certain Republican platform ideas and common beliefs combine in dangerous ways. “Personal Responsibility” for example, sounds nice, but it’s bad when it’s applied to a 10 year old kid with now father, who doesn’t understand the consequences of his choices.

It isn’t about conservatives. It’s about malicious fraud. It’s about respecting honesty and constructive solution.

It’s the Republican party’s belligerent willful malicious ignorance and plain human nastiness, and their totalitarian hostility and rage at over 2/3s of human beings in this country -
that’s what this is about.