Trump's Dangerous Rhetoric, etc.

Ah, you don't know much about the immigration issue; some of those are really worn out tropes. That's okay, that's why I started out suggesting you guys try to escape your echo chamber. A good place to start would be"Alien Nation" by Peter Brimelow. It's from 20 years ago, but still as relevant as ever (in fact, because it's from 20 years ago, it's fun to see how prescient it was).
Indeed, worn out tropes they are. At best a few of the pro-immigrant tropes bring the cost/benefit scale to neutral-for that particular point. But taken as a whole the pro-illegal immigrant argument is a ridiculous political/interest group narration of skewed logic, falsities and red herrings.
Obama has been a disaster. Remember the "hope" that was around when he started his presidency, that maybe it would be good for race relations? Whatever happened to that?
Ummm. Reactionism? On the streets and also seen in Congress(by racists). The wrecking done by Congress in the past 7 years is the worst since the 1840s and 1850s. Period.
Obama has been a disaster. Remember the “hope" that was around when he started his presidency, that maybe it would be good for race relations? Whatever happened to that?
Obama' administrations a disaster? I think not. Let's lay the blame where it belongs, squarely on the shoulders of the conservative Republican dominated Congress and those few "blue dog"Democrats too afraid of their constituents to back his policies, e.g. How many times has he tried to persuade them to enforce stricter gun laws, pass legislation to prevent or slow AGW, chide them for passing laws to restrict voting rights, and etc? Despite the foot dragging by the conservatives he has a much better track record than the last President who had two terms to plunge us into debt, start a war that we're still fighting today and let Wall Street run rampant. Now we're enmeshed in the usual "I'm an American now, I have mine so you stay out"immigrant crises. Fox and the other howling dogs on the right are already blaming him for the latest shooting with a "see, I told you so" banter. No mention of the fact that these two had been stockpiling weapons and ammo easily obtained from arms dealers. Ok, this is a rant off the top of my head but it pains me to read baseless accusations. If his administration is as you say a "disaster" then trot out your facts and I'll respond. Cap't Jack
Obama has been a disaster.
Add that to your list of errors. You do get points for admitting them. But you were in the hole before and you kept digging.

Ha, you’re a riot!
> Being “left wing" on some things “right" on others does not make you open minded. Btw.
Bayes - Wikipedia’_theorem

Ha, you're a riot! > Being “left wing" on some things “right" on others does not make you open minded. Btw. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem
The probability of a given person taking a particular stand on a particular issue in no way sheds on light on how open minded they are.

No, here, let me spell it out:
Let “om” mean “is open-minded”, and “flfr” mean “has both far left and far right views”.
P(om|flfr) = P(om) P(flfr|om) / P(flfr)
P(flfr) is the a-priori probability of someone having both far left and far right views. I don’t have a reference handy, but based on my experience, most people are pretty partisan, and I think this number is low. P(flfr|om) is relatively higher.

An ethical case: You are the department of Immigration and Naturalization Policy Board and Enforcer: Today a buzzing group of new bodies is poised to enter the US at JFK airport. You know that 1 or 2 of these 150 people plan the violent overthrow of your country. How do you know? This group has been violently disrupting civil society in Europe and the West and proudly claiming glory as soldiers of god for it. But really you don't know, you couldn't know, there is no way to know. It is just statistics based on a PEW report a year or two ago. Hundreds more come every day. It seems reasonable too, that 1 or 2 in each group are committed to the violent overthrow of the US. What do you do? What is rational? You want to talk about it, but know that there are those over you in your civil service job who will not tolerate such inquiry. What do you do? Donald Trump says to stop them for now. Religious people say to let them in as a right to enter the US like everyone else. Rationalists see a pattern where all people who are different than those in power positions are mistreated so let them in. What will save lives and promote a prosperous US first, a healthy world, next?
Several problems here. First, it doesn't happen that way in America, mainly because refugees can't charter planes. But let's say you are Greece, where they can get on any old boat. Then you have this mythical agent who "wants to talk about it" but that's not tolerated. WTF? What do you think immigration departments do? They talk about immigrants. You'd better not be taking orders from Trump, he is completely out of the conversation. Same for "religious people". When they say the immigration process takes 18-24 months, what do you think they are doing all that time?
Obama has been a disaster. Remember the "hope" that was around when he started his presidency, that maybe it would be good for race relations? Whatever happened to that?
Ummm. Reactionism? On the streets and also seen in Congress(by racists). The wrecking done by Congress in the past 7 years is the worst since the 1840s and 1850s. Period. And, actually, a lot is happening with race relations. The institutionalized nature of racism in the US, is coming to the awareness of the public, at last. It is naïve to think that any one thing is going to make racism cease to exist. There are only steps in the right direction, or not.
And, actually, a lot is happening with race relations. The institutionalized nature of racism in the US, is coming to the awareness of the public, at last. It is naïve to think that any one thing is going to make racism cease to exist. There are only steps in the right direction, or not.
Exactly, and Trump is using his race baiting rhetoric and fear mongering to garner support. His latest diatribe over Syrian immigration is a clear example as well as his many misstatements concerning Jews and other minorities. His followers, mainly white, working class, semi educated (and they picked a billionaire to lead them) religious conservatives say "he tells it like it is", translated: he's saying what I think and believe. Trump has picked up the undercurrent of American anti-immigration that's been with us since the country was founded and he's using it to lead all of his opponents in the polls. There's been an "immigrant crises" here and after the first generation settles in they're absorbed into the mainstream and everything settles down until the next wave of "foreigners" arrives. As to the Syrians, they'll be vetted for at least two years, a terrorist or two will sneak through the system and will eventually be dealt with, but the real fear now is the self radicalized terrorist with easy access to any weapon he/she wants in order to commit heinous crimes. Of course Trump and the other conservatives in the pack don't want gun control, ironic. Cap't Jack

Jack (sorry, James); I try to stay on topic and back up what I say with data, sometimes I also add a little color, just to keep things lively. Don’t take me too seriously.

Denmark.

I don't know what I would do besides being terribly embarrassed if Trump became President Trump. What would you folks do? ...
You mean besides having a stroke and bemoaning having to watch him Make America Hate Again?

Don’t let the door hit you in the backside as you exit…
We all get the President we deserve.
Don’t worry you guys, you’ll get Hillary, a female version of Marco Rubio.

I don't mean to discount the seriousness of your post, but Trump's antisocial gyrations are extraordinarily amusing to me. For me, Trump is like the Andrew Dice Clay of presidential candidates. His latest show, in his inspiring (not) campaign speech, yesterday, has him imitating/mocking the distorted arm movement of a reporter (who has a congenital arthritic deformation of his arms) who didn't support Trump's lies about seeing thousands upon thousands of people in Jersey celebrating as the twin towers went down. I can find this stuff amusing, perhaps because, like Winston Churchill, I believe that "The Americans always do the right thing in the end... but only after they have exhausted every other possibility."
Including the total destruction of the world and humanity.
I don't mean to discount the seriousness of your post, but Trump's antisocial gyrations are extraordinarily amusing to me. For me, Trump is like the Andrew Dice Clay of presidential candidates. His latest show, in his inspiring (not) campaign speech, yesterday, has him imitating/mocking the distorted arm movement of a reporter (who has a congenital arthritic deformation of his arms) who didn't support Trump's lies about seeing thousands upon thousands of people in Jersey celebrating as the twin towers went down. I can find this stuff amusing, perhaps because, like Winston Churchill, I believe that "The Americans always do the right thing in the end... but only after they have exhausted every other possibility."
Including the total destruction of the world and humanity. Preferably not. That would not qualify as "the right thing", IMO.

In response to AMH asking above where one could move to if Trump becomes POTUS.

AMH-I don’t know what I would do besides being terribly embarrassed if Trump became President Trump. What would you folks do? First thought is Canada, but I don’t want to leave the only country I ever knew.
Denmark.
You think Denmark will still take you Darron?

In case anyone doubts Trump’s imitation of the disabled reporter.