Trump's Dangerous Rhetoric, etc.

Well … thinking it over, maybe I am being unreasonable. You don’t know me from Adam, and the Internet is full of bozos, so why should you take my word for anything, right? And you’re right, too, that a link to a blog isn’t the best way to make the point that Steve Sailer is smart – it’s too much information, and why should you take my word for it (see point #1) that it’s worthwhile to read any of it?
So, I’ll try to answer this question, “Could you give an example of what he likes about Trump?” Here’s Sailer’s review of Trump’s immigration policy page: http://takimag.com/article/stumbling_upon_a_worthy_cause_steve_sailer/print#ixzz3jEOwvtbL.

Here's Sailer's review of Trump's immigration policy page: http://takimag.com/article/stumbling_upon_a_worthy_cause_steve_sailer/print#ixzz3jEOwvtbL.
I like alot of the things mentioned in this article. I just glanced it over. Trump's stance on illegal immigration is one thing I like about him. His rhetoric on the campaign stump although crude, could be calculated. As far as having necessary communication skills to target a specific audience. Illegal immigration is harming this Nation. And those bullet points on what makes a nation a Nation are correct. The Dems and The GOP have sidestepped this for decades. They both have interests in illegal immigration. At the expense of the American people. Working people. Illegal immigration is the large elephant in the room nobody is willing to correct.
Meh. I never said you were all wrong. I'm so disappointed. I mean, I expected to get the typical knee-jerk hostility here, but I have to admit, I had hoped I wouldn't. Hope springs eternal, right? > ... didn’t see much that explicitly suggests that Steve likes Trump In fact, his opinions are nuanced. That's a good thing, right? But if you'd like, LMGTFY: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:www.unz.com/isteve/+donald+trump My question is, are you guys open to other points of view, or not? Are you willing to consider that there might be legitimate reasons to like Trump, that you hadn't thought of before? Do you have open minds?
Meh, is a nasty comeback. I didn't notice that I had been hostile, to you. I checked the 1st 3 of the googled articles. The 1st was approving of an imaginary sensible Trump. The next was apparently sarcastically suggesting that Trump was right in stating that Mexico has not been sending its best, because we sent back some mentally deranged Mexicans and they got sent back. The article failed to address that Trump claimed that Mexico was sending (implying primarily) drug dealers and rapists and some, that he assumed were good people. The 3rd article included that Trump is anti-existing-party-establishment. And that is, on the face of it, a good thing. But what does Trump offer in it's place? It seems to me that he offers Trumpism, which is a hodgepodge, and often self-contradictory statements that roughly suggest some semblance of possible policies, heavily interspersed with "Everyone else is stupid or incompetent. I am great. I will make America great again. Believe me." And I saw, suggested in one of the articles, the implication that Trump is a champion of the poor and the dwindling middle class. Yet Trump's actual tax plan would significantly increase wealth for the top 1% while barely increasing the immediate wealth for the poorer classes. And everyone would be screwed in the longer term, as it would lead to an enormous deficit. So I was open minded enough to wade thru the 1st 3 articles. It didn't, however do much to counter the opinion of Trump that I have developed by paying attention to him over the past several months.
So I was open minded enough to wade thru the 1st 3 articles. It didn't, however do much to counter the opinion of Trump that I have developed by paying attention to him over the past several months.
I have to agree. I think that Steve is teasing out more substance than there may actually be. I got that through the authors writing style. It's all over the place. Very flourishing and indirect. That's why I perused it myself. It didn't capture me with hard information. Nonetheless, I think there has to be more to Trump than meets the eyes. Or the ears...ouch! Who knows, Teddy Roosevelt or LBJ had similar personalities. People like that. Really. That's a ingrained behavioral response. As I said in another thread. People on both sides are getting sick of ideological rhetoric and political correctness. Make no mistake about this. This country is starting to seem like a never ending run of crappy sitcom re-runs.
Meh. I never said you were all wrong. I'm so disappointed. I mean, I expected to get the typical knee-jerk hostility here, but I have to admit, I had hoped I wouldn't. Hope springs eternal, right? > ... didn’t see much that explicitly suggests that Steve likes Trump In fact, his opinions are nuanced. That's a good thing, right? But if you'd like, LMGTFY: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:www.unz.com/isteve/+donald+trump My question is, are you guys open to other points of view, or not? Are you willing to consider that there might be legitimate reasons to like Trump, that you hadn't thought of before? Do you have open minds?
I hope you do "think it over". I actually can't tell if you have anything worthwhile to say or not, since you haven't said much. So, I'm not going to get sucked into semantic games, like whether or not you actually used the words "you were all wrong". When someone asks a question like "are you open minded?" what does that mean? In general, if someone is not willing to consider "legitimate reasons", why would you talk to them at all? What other kinds of reasons are there? illegitimate ones? Dr. Seuss nonsense reasons? It's just such a strange question to ask. It's like asking someone if they are trustworthy, if they are, they'll honestly say yes, if they aren't, they'll lie and say they are. You seem to think you can prove closed-mindedness of a group of people with one or two posts about someone who is widely considered a clown. I watched Jesse Ventura go from clown to contender, to governor and back to clown. There were legitimate reasons for those labels all along the way. But to understand that, you'd have to hear what he said, hear how well he stood up in the debates, then how he let his handlers screw up his administration. You haven't done enough work to pass judgment on anyone here. So, I'd rather just mess you and say, no, we're all closed minded. We get together for drinks and laugh about the people who come here and argue, we lead them on and watch them get frustrated. We think it's funny.
Trump is now denying that he was making fun of the reporter, that he mocked. He is denying that he knows the guy and denies that he knew the guy has a disability. But here are the actual actual words that Trump said: "... a good reporter. This poor guy. You gotta see him" then, he immediately goes into a supposed imitation of the reporter. Trump gyrates his arms in a manner one might expect of a person with cerebral palsy, gesticulating excitedly, and says "AAARRRRGHH! I don't know. I don't REMEMBER!..."
This is a small taste of what he would be saying regarding real problems, international and domestic, if he ever became president. He'd be making fun of world leaders, insulting them, and saying he doesn't remember. Trump has more money than brains. "Give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself." Let's hope so, and lets hope he doesn't get enough rope to hang the whole cpuntry first. He should be reeled in ASAP. Lois
Why don't you try us? Our minds are open to evidence-based, rational arguments, but not so open that our brains fall out. Go ahead give us those legitimate reasons to like Trump that we hadn't thought of before. we're all ears.

Lois, I tried you already, didn’t you notice? Some other folks seemed to grasp, and maybe even tacitly concede) my point (that not all Trump supporters are asshats). If you’re willing to concede that, then maybe I’ll be willing to engage you in the more down to earth topic of why Trump is worthy of support. My guess is, you won’t be able to.

Lois, I tried you already, didn't you notice? Some other folks seemed to grasp, and maybe even tacitly concede) my point (that not all Trump supporters are asshats). If you're willing to concede that, then maybe I'll be willing to engage you in the more down to earth topic of why Trump is worthy of support. My guess is, you won't be able to.
This word "trying", I don't think you know what it means. "not all Trump supporters are asshats" is a pretty stupid point. Sure, I'll concede that there is at least one non-asshat Trump supporter. Happy?

Here’s something good about Trump. IMO, he would not be as bad a POTUS for the country as the foreign born Ted Cruz (who may very well win the Iowa caucus).

Here's something good about Trump. IMO, he would not be as bad a POTUS for the country as the foreign born Ted Cruz (who may very well win the Iowa caucus).
Yeah that's the other thing....if it ends up being a Republican president who else besides Trump would anyone want? The rest of the GOP hates him, he eschewed the religion card. You guys would rather have Cruz or Rubio than Trump.

If I were forced to choose one of the Repub potential nominees, I would probably go with Kasich. Trump is a wild card. He’s like a box of chocolates, except one or more of the candies, might be poison. He makes it difficult to roll the dice and hope for the best out of him. Today, I turned on the TV, and he is saying “…You have to take out their families! You have to take out their families!..”
So now we have a political leader (and that he is, whether we like it or not) bringing in to the American psyche, whether we should adopt the tactics of the most vicious of mobsters, in going after Daesh.
It is interesting to me, that his declarations are usually, “I”-based. e.g., “I will make America great again.” “I will build a yuge beautiful wall.” “I will make the best deals.”… But when it comes to proposing the targeting of potentially innocent family members of our enemies, his statement is “You”-based. i.e., “YOU have to take out their families.”

BTW, I predicted months ago, on another Trump thread that Rubio will be the eventual Repub nominee. And am, now, reiterating what was a very iffy prediction back then, and remains a very iffy prediction, now, though not so iffy as 4 months ago.

Yeah Kasich seems ok. I want the full-blown Big Show though.
Damn the Torpedos! Ramming Speed!
The thought of Rubio or Cruz makes me literally cringe.
The thought of Clinton makes me cringe too.

BTW, I predicted months ago, on another Trump thread that Rubio will be the eventual Repub nominee. And am, now, reiterating what was a very iffy prediction back then, and remains a very iffy prediction, now, though not so iffy as 4 months ago.
I didn't see that one. I saw your post in the "Who do you predict will get Presidential nomination?" thread. May 14 you predicted Scott Walker. edit typo

I’m a reluctant Trump supporter. He’s the only one who is right on immigration. Ted Cruz has come around to a similar position, but he’s way too religious for me. Trump doesn’t seem to be nearly as bad a social conservative. (For the record, I’m an atheist and somewhat of a cultural libertarian).
I’ve come to believe, over the last half year or so, that immigration (both legal and illegal) is the most important issue facing the country. I used to think it was climate change, and although I’m still worried about that, I think that our current immigration policy is even more of a crisis.
Yes, some of the outrageous things that Trump says scare me. But in the rush to demonize him, often what is left out is any real discussion of the underlying issues. For example, his tweet about crime rates by race included a very amateurish graphic with inaccurate statistics, but the gist was correct: blacks commit violent offenses at a rate much higher than whites, and the real threat to black lives is from black-on-black violence, not the police (Jared Taylor: What Donald Trump Should Have Tweeted | Articles | VDARE.com).

What’s the last book you read Klortho?

I didn't see that one. I saw your post in the "Who do you predict will get Presidential nomination?" thread. May 14 you predicted Scott Walker. edit typo Yeah I would have lost money on my 1st guess, in May, but I wouldn't have bet much. A couple of months later, having forced my brain to ponder the imponderable... Read this: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewreply/214489/ Having re-read that post, I would amend my concluding remark, that Rubio needs to win Iowa. I think that Cruz will be the Iowa Repubs' choice. Trump appeals to the anti-establishment folks, but so does Cruz. While Trump does not project any sincere religious orientation, beyond his lie that the Bible is his favorite book. I'm pretty sure that you gotta be religious to win the Iowa Repub primary. Rubio will probably get a few delegates out of Iowa. And he will get some out of NH, if he gets over 10% of the vote, which I think he will. So if he remains the establishment's best of bad (for them) choices, while the preferred establishment candidates continue to falter, then, big money, and establishment power will, eventually, go to him. Now, if Trump can prevail, against that. He will have demonstrated that he's got something that none of the other Repub candidates do. Then Hillary will be our next POTUS. And as Roman Reigns would say "You can belee-eeeve... THAT!"
I can't believe Republicans aren't condemning this racist asshat. His rhetoric is already proving dangerous, yet Republicans leaders remain silent.
Actually, some of his opponents are now referring to him as a fascist.Which is ridiculous because they're all fascists. The Republicons are very good at the little trick of accusing someone of being exactly what you are. Fox is good at accusing Dems and others of being Nazis. They do this of course because they know it's their own belief system that's similar to Nazism, so to take that notion out of play so to speak they accuse others first. It's like a beefed up and coordinated version of a man with homoerotic tendencies going around calling everyone a fag, thinking by doing so no one will ever accuse he himself of being gay.
I'm a reluctant Trump supporter. He's the only one who is right on immigration. Ted Cruz has come around to a similar position, but he's way too religious for me. Trump doesn't seem to be nearly as bad a social conservative. (For the record, I'm an atheist and somewhat of a cultural libertarian). I've come to believe, over the last half year or so, that immigration (both legal and illegal) is the most important issue facing the country. I used to think it was climate change, and although I'm still worried about that, I think that our current immigration policy is even more of a crisis. Yes, some of the outrageous things that Trump says scare me. But in the rush to demonize him, often what is left out is any real discussion of the underlying issues. For example, his tweet about crime rates by race included a very amateurish graphic with inaccurate statistics, but the gist was correct: blacks commit violent offenses at a rate much higher than whites, and the real threat to black lives is from black-on-black violence, not the police (http://www.vdare.com/articles/jared-taylor-what-donald-trump-should-have-tweeted).
You are most concerned about immigration. Let's use my state, Texas, and murder convictions (not just arrests) of non-citizens. And let's use Jared's math. Over the past 4 years in TX: 7.5% murders by non citizens -- 11% of TX pop. is non-citizens. So using Jared's logic and math, Texas would have 31% fewer murders if the entire population of Texas was ALL non-citizens. Therefore, by this math and logic, Trump should actually be advocating getting rid of all citizens and replacing them with all immigrants. Then he should build a YUGE beautiful wall, with all of us on the other side, and see if that keeps us from getting back in.