Trump Found Guilty

Just an objective observation of facts in response to your post:

lausten said:
"The current Republican strategy, “yeah but, what about immigrants”

Trump explains his militaristic plan to deport 15-20 million people

and

Trump is always ready to take credit for something he had nothing to do with – like banning abortion.

As for deporting millions, why didn’t he do that the first time?

Morally yes to an extent, legally no. To start with it’s impossible to legislate morality. Secondly, it’s human nature to want to find a scapegoat in these situations, but we also want to be rational as possible.

In theory, if Trump was charged for those deaths, we would also have to charge musicians whose fans were crushed to death at their concerts, for example, because it’s the same thing. The people who died wanted to be there, but they didn’t have to go. Most of the people who believe the election was stolen did not go. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Yes. I talked about that in the response right above this one. What is legal and what is moral are often two different things.

I appreciate the honesty. While I do not agree with your analogy, I am aware that many believe 1/6 was no big deal.

1 Like

No it is not the same thing, as the musician did not call his fans to a coup d’état. And the aim of the fans is not to prevent the legal proclamation of a duly elected president.

3 Likes

I was going to concerts at that time. A friend of mine was a pall bearer for someone who died. I’m sure there were lawsuits. They ended the “stadium seating” ticket system, where you had to race to get a front row seat

Repubilcans however are running on “stop the steal”

Guy, you really have not been paying attention if you think this is about infidelity, it’s about breaking the law - and being a fraud, and a conman, and a grifter, and a traitor towards the people of the United State of America and about the worst President for the dealing with the future that we’ve ever had.

Oh and,
the little “t” pig gets a pass on his total failure at confronting the COVID 19 crisis and causing the unnecessary death of countless thousands and crashing our sacred economy!

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/biden-campaign-press-release-fact-sheet-donald-trumps-utter-botching-the-covid-19-response

Except being the worst President is not a crime. You’re saying outloud the thing that makes MAGA Republicans say it’s a conspiracy. They say we are bringing these charges because we want to disrupt his campaign.

If you say there is a rule of law, you have to follow the rules when you apply the law.

1 Like

Butt,
" fraud, and a conman, and a traitor towards the people of the United State of America"
ARE CRIMES.

And what he did and didn’t do regarding COVID, Oh that’s nothing worth wasting any time on, poop happens. No worries, eh Lausten.

Yeah Lausten, tell it to the Supreme Court justices.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t trust a mostly Dotard appointed Supreme Court, especially when they take women’s rights to their bodies away. What’s next? Our credit cards? Property? Employment? Voting?

Right. Point is, if you, that is, you who is reading this, say there is a rule of law, then you, you who is reading this, needs to follow it. The thread is “Trump Found Guilty”. Because impeachment is a political process, he wasn’t found guilty of being a bad President. I don’t get to vote for that, so nothing I can do about it. Because the Supreme Court is the supreme-ist of courts, also unlikely I will get to speak before them and take them down.

It’s not about not doing anything, it’s about not spending my energy being mad about things I can’t change, or telling people

No, it never came to the floor because of McConnell refusal.

Trump has been charged with the crimes he committed. The rest of what you hate about Trump are not actually crimes, so I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

A coup d’état is a military takeover of government. Nothing like that occurred. Trump said his supporters should protest the election results, which can be interpreted to mean many different things.

However, we are talking about legal responsibility for the deaths.

Incitement to violence is a crime.

1 Like

Here’s a quote from the spech to the crowd

I hope so because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do. This is from the number one or certainly one of the top constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We’re supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our constitution and protect our constitution. States want to revote. The states got defrauded. They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify, and we become president, and you are the happiest people.

Basically summarizing the lies he and Rudy had been spreading. Much more than a protest. Eventually he says they’re going to the Capitol to fight.

I love Aljazeera, they print the whole transcript

1 Like

It was a coup. What you fail to understand or even recognize is that the dotard had his own militia., made up of Proud Boys and other such groups.

Just as McConnell refused for a year to

McConnell never backtracked, despite Democrats’ hopes that he would face political pressure to do so.

Why did the Democrats roll over instead of engaging their grassroots to get informed and confront the Republican’s BS? It worth asking and complaining about and learning from. Instead we prefer forget, so allow history to repeat itself.

Oh and then the 2000 election, rolling over the Republicans.
Or rolling over at the Kavanaugh hearing and utterly failing to confront the nasty blowhard, when they had the chance.

Seems you’d rather go to a theology study session.
Sorry, but your whitebread, saccharine perspective makes my skin crawl.

Being upset is part of politics, having a little moral indignation produces the energy to do something, the trick is to channel the energy constructively.

It’s like you believe we are doing just fine, the western state of mind has never been a problem, nothing to get upset about enough to worry about, nothing to inspire one to get informed, be happy, just take the ride. Keep your hands in the boat, don’t rock the boat.

Actually there’s a lot to hate about the 't’rump and his MAGA mentality.

Being a draft dodger.
Being a life long con artist.
Being a free loader and tax dodging deadbeat.
Being a serial deadbeat when it comes to paying his employees and contractors.
Being a serial liar while holding the highest office in the nation.
Being in absolute contempt (and having utter disregard) for his Oath of Office.
Being more in love with dictators than with elected officials of other democracies.
Being an enemy of our nation’s intelligence community.
Being a narcissist, who has contempt for most US citizens including his own MAGA trailer park crowds (who are being lead around by self-serving oligarchs pulling them by their nose rings) in a job which previously always demanded some concern for the people of our nation and the future.
etc.

Is there a mouse in your pocket?