Trump backing out of debate with Kamala? Some call it cowardess

Since stateless seems intent on derailing the other Kamala thread, I’m starting a freshie. Anyone want to lay odds on whether trump will show up for a debate with Kamala Harris?

Here’s the latest:

Exclusive: Jason Miller says a Trump-Harris debate “will happen” - Axios

A televised debate between former President Trump and Vice President Harris “will happen,” Jason Miller, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, told Axios on Thursday.

Why it matters: Miller said the Trump campaign is “non-committal” to the Sept. 10 debate hosted by ABC News, but that there will be another debate —and “should be multiple debates.”

Context: Trump in recent days has said he would debate Harris but pushed back on the ABC debate, calling on a more conservative media outlet like Fox News to host.

• President Biden ending his bid for president and Harris quickly locking in enough Democratic delegates to become the party’s presumed nominee has thrown future debate scheduling into question.

Then again, . . .

Jul 26, 2024 #KamalaHarris #PeteButtigieg #Politics

Pete Buttigieg joins Morning Joe to discuss VP Harris’ presidential campaign and if he would serve as VP for Harris or work in her cabinet. Buttigieg also discusses why he says politics doesn’t have to be a bloodsport.

Stateless I want to point out that I don’t believe Democrats be able to keep all their promises and double-speak will remain alive and well, but I do care about the kind of people in charge.

And here we have a choice between fundamentally decent people vs. pretty NY thugs and wannabes. MAGA offers nothing but the dark side, burn baby burn. Our future will be challenging, then increasingly difficult (all by our own doing - and not doing), enough without us constantly being worried about being stabbed in the back by fellow Americans.

There’s got to be some reawakening to the importance of respecting physical reality and demonstrable facts - and to have constructive debates that demand fidelity to honesty when conveying important information, and dedicated to learning, rather then ruthless blind-sided winning for the sake of winning.

Honesty and facts and expertise and experience matter!!!

(a little aside)
I think Buttigieg would be perfect as Secretary of State.
He is eminently likable and intelligent, and he is a polyglot which is essential for communication and establishing close relations with international leaders.

Trump said lets do it on Fox

IMHO, the Orange Menace backed out because he knows Prosecutor Kamala will mop the floor with him. He’s a federal felon 34 times over and she knows his type well, so she will do well against him. I can’t wait to see a debate between the two of them. I might not mute his voice this time, because it will be a pleasure to hear him get flustered.

Personally. I’m pretty burnt on the whole thing. Hillary was a disappointment, but at least she could say she was caught off guard. Biden in 2020 seemed to think he could just say, “oh come on man” and that would do it. Then of course there was this year.

Court rooms have rules and judges, that debates don’t.

I’m more than burnt out. I can’t stand the dotard’s voice and when I hear, I can’t help but go off on him. Traumatized is the word, BUT… I know when he decides to debate Kamala, which he probably won’t because he’s scared of her, it will be something else, because she is and was a prosecutor. She can and will run circles around him, I’m sure of it, and it will be so good. :lion: :lion: :tiger2: :leopard: :cat: :cat2: :black_cat: :smile_cat:

It will be a game, another performance, as he publicly says why he won’t debate. If he doesn’t debate, that is a strong statement, unprecedented in modern times.

1 Like

Why did biden’s campaign collapse?

Strategy. He did what he had to do beat the Orange Menace. By passing the torch to Kamala, the orange creature will end up losing. Keep in mind, like I campaigned for President Obama, I am also campaigning for Kamala, so I have a bit of an inside view of things. She will mop the floor with the orange creature during a debate and that’s why he backed out of debating her in September. She’s well prepared to debate him if he ever agrees. She also has the support of the majority of Dems in which to be the nominee and she will be announced as the nominee during the DNC. Anything else you want to know?

Strategy? It was always planned for kamala to lead?

What’s with your stupid games.
Why do you think?

1 Like

Nice leading question there. Saw that coming a mile away

Not exactly. President Biden was having some health issues, not serious in which he’s going to die today or tomorrow, but still… He was gracious enough to step down and as the course of things go Kamala was and is next in line. The plan was if he couldn’t do it, she would, just as it was if something happened to him as president. She is the Dems winning card, second in line, as though he couldn’t perform his duties and as you see, the you polls jumped and within 24 hours she raised over $80 million dollars in funs and still counting. She has the support of the Dems, as well as big and little doners. Much of that $80 million came from small doners like myself. There is your strategy. It wasn’t planned any more than something happening to the president and her taking over is, but it was the plan if it was shown he wasn’t able to this time around.

1 Like

That is the expectation of a vice-president.
A VP is groomed to take over from the president when events warrant such change.

The problem here is that Kamala Harris is greatly underestimated because she has such an apparent “easy” way about her.

Make no mistake. As Attorney General of the State of California, Harris is used to the pressures of high importance legal and political issues.

Here is a small excerpt of her tenure in California.

Note : If California were a nation it would rank in terms of nominal GDP as the world’s fifth largest economy , behind Japan and ahead of India (3.937 trillion). Additionally, California’s Silicon Valley is home to some of the world’s most valuable technology companies, including Apple, Alphabet, and Nvidia.

Attorney general of California.

Harris subsequently worked as a deputy district attorney (1990–98) in Oakland, earning a reputation for toughness as she prosecuted cases of gang violence, drug trafficking, and sexual abuse. She rose through the ranks, becoming district attorney in 2004.

In 2010 she was narrowly elected attorney general of California—winning by a margin of less than 1 percent—thus becoming the first female and the first African American to hold the post. After taking office the following year, she demonstrated political independence, rejecting, for example, pressure from the administration of Pres. Barack Obama for her to settle a nationwide lawsuit against mortgage lenders for unfair practices.

Instead, she pressed California’s case and in 2012 won a judgment five times higher than that originally offered. Her refusal to defend Proposition 8 (2008), which banned same-sex marriage in the state, helped lead to it being overturned in 2013. Harris’s book, Smart on Crime (2009; cowritten with Joan O’C. Hamilton), was considered a model for dealing with the problem of criminal recidivism.

more… Kamala Harris | Biography, Policies, Family, & Facts | Britannica

Under the circumstances, Kamala Harris is the logical heir to the position of President. She is qualified and used to prosecuting criminal legal issues, which is necessary in dealing with a criminal mind like Trump.

2 Likes

Kamala says she will debate trump anywhere and anytime

He’s scared of her, that’s why he won’t debate her, but he did finally say he will only debate her on Faux News. I guess that’s a start, but she’s still going to mop the floor with him.

Will kamala keep her promise to debate trump anywhere anytime by going on Fox and debate him?

I suspect she will and she’ll still mop the floor up with him, but Faux News will spew their usual lies anyway.

She said no . Trump called out her bluff

Egghead, What are you talking about?

Please explain. Or is vagaries all you do egghead?

2 Likes