trouble posting

It just took 7 tries to get my last post on to the abortion thread.
It is too tedious to post here.
The problem needs to be fixed.

It just took 7 tries to get my last post on to the abortion thread. It is too tedious to post here. The problem needs to be fixed.
To repeat, I have contacted the technical expert at CFI to see if there is anything that can be done.
It just took 7 tries to get my last post on to the abortion thread. It is too tedious to post here. The problem needs to be fixed.
To repeat, I have contacted the technical expert at CFI to see if there is anything that can be done. Thank you.
All they'd have to do is move it to Googlegroups. I have a couple of discussion groups there and other than a minor glitch now and then it's less of a problem than this program. Is there some reason CFI is wedded to this software? Lois
I know nithing of CFI's corporate structure, but I'm not sure I understand why a forum website is involved in that structure. I own two Google groups for years and have never paid a cent for either of them, so operating on a shoestring should not be an issue. I operate on an even tighter shoestring than CFI does. I have never had to contribute a cent to Google Groups or take on any other expense. It's completely free. I know Doug is doing his best and his hands are probably tied by CFI bureaucracy, so let's cut him a little slack. It's not his fault. I've been able to handle CFI Forum glitches, as annoying as they may be, though new members may be put off. The worst problem is having posts labeled as spam for no apparent reason. This is a relatively new glitch. I didn't have the problem when I first joined, so I can only assume a new bug has gotten into the system. It used to happen occasionally when I included a link but I found a way around that by removing www.http/ from links. But now when I edit a post, even to remove or add a period or other truly minor edit, it is labeled as spam, even when the body of the post had gone through the first time and no link was included. I have not figured out a way around this bug, LL

As a newbie I’m not in any position to harass anybody, but thanks for also acknowledging the problem.
Jeff

as an example.
In that last post, I tried to quote LoisL and add that sentence. The software rejected it as spam. So I just posted the sentence without quoting LoisL’s last post, and it accepted it.

as an example. In that last post, I tried to quote LoisL and add that sentence. The software rejected it as spam. So I just posted the sentence without quoting LoisL's last post, and it accepted it.
Good for you. Creative exploration of options is called for. :)

FYI usually you should be able to get around the filter by using a URL shortener like bit.ly. I’ve suggested doing this several times in the past …

I have made more than 6 attempts to try to post answer on the abortion thread, and they’ve all been discarded as spam.
I have had enough.
Why should I stay?

I’ve talked with our in-house web developer and he’s looked at the system again. He tells me there isn’t much he can do to the spam filter. He’s tweaked it so that in the case that it can’t contact the mother ship it won’t mark stuff as spam, which may help or may not help. Other than that, we’re going to have to deal with it.

I have noticed what appears to be far less posts worthy of even a small amount of consideration. It is not that we all have to agree but we all need to be civil and reasonable or this forum will become useless.