Torture Report

I can’t believe no one has started a thread on the release of the Torture reports. Maybe we all just kinda knew?? Anyway, who here thinks the war criminals will actually be punished? (Bush, Cheney, head of CIA)

I can't believe no one has started a thread on the release of the Torture reports. Maybe we all just kinda knew?? Anyway, who here thinks the war criminals will actually be punished? (Bush, Cheney, head of CIA)
I doubt there will be any prosecutions.
I can't believe no one has started a thread on the release of the Torture reports. Maybe we all just kinda knew?? Anyway, who here thinks the war criminals will actually be punished? (Bush, Cheney, head of CIA)
I doubt there will be any prosecutions. You're right. If there is even one it will be a low-level nobody. Cheney is now trying to put all the blame on Bush. I have no doubt that Bush knew what was going on but was too stupid to understand it. I believe Cheney was the driving force and Is the most malevolent and underhanded person I can imagine. They will all wind up getting pardons to "prevent damage to the country" and allow us to "move forward." (cough-cough). Just wait and see. Mark my words. Lois

Agreed, it’s unlikely anyone well known from the Bush administration will face punishment.
However, the people who drew up the report should be punished for admitting the stuff happened in the first place. (BTW, most of the abuse sounds relatively mild).

There were also several other countries involved, giving us cover, a place to do the torturing and allowing us to move people around with impunity. You can’t really compare to something like South Africa, which was isolated and entrenched over decades.

Does this sound “mild” to you Mike?

Waterboarding is a legitimate torture, but of course it isn’t the Iron maiden.
Cap’t Jack

Does this sound "mild" to you Mike? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/09/worst-horrors-cia-torture-report/20146081/ Waterboarding is a legitimate torture, but of course it isn't the Iron maiden. Cap't Jack
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions.
Does this sound "mild" to you Mike? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/09/worst-horrors-cia-torture-report/20146081/ Waterboarding is a legitimate torture, but of course it isn't the Iron maiden. Cap't Jack
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions. Try it sometime and report back.
Agreed, it's unlikely anyone well known from the Bush administration will face punishment. However, the people who drew up the report should be punished for admitting the stuff happened in the first place. (BTW, most of the abuse sounds relatively mild).
Relatovely mild? Solitary confinement with no human contact for more than a month, waterboarding, rectal probes. sleep deprivation, food deprivation, sexual humiliation, noise at extremely high decibel levels and strobe lights for hours at a time, extreme temperatures, enclosure in small spaces where the victim cannot stand or sit up, stress positions--being forced into painful positions for hours at a time, strikes to the abdomen and head, 20-hour interrogations, striking fear,often with the use of guns and dogs. There were probably even worse techniques used. Relatively mild? Relative to what? I would like to see you experience these things and then see if you would call them relatively mild--or even better, be forced to watch them being used on someone close to you, man, woman or child--though perhaps you would still call it relatively mild as long as it wasn't you.
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions. Yessiree. If someone has been subjected to harsh, cruel conditions, why not continue it? You are one sick psychopath. You're the kind of monster torturers would pay good money to have on staff.
Agreed, it's unlikely anyone well known from the Bush administration will face punishment. However, the people who drew up the report should be punished for admitting the stuff happened in the first place. (BTW, most of the abuse sounds relatively mild).
Relatovely mild? Solitary confinement with no human contact for more than a month, waterboarding, rectal probes. sleep deprivation, food deprivation, sexual humiliation, noise at extremely high decibel levels and strobe lights for hours at a time, extreme temperatures, enclosure in small spaces where the victim cannot stand or sit up, stress positions--being forced into painful positions for hours at a time, strikes to the abdomen and head, 20-hour interrogations, striking fear,often with the use of guns and dogs. There were probably even worse techniques used. Relatively mild? Relative to what? . Forced amputations, crushing devices, burning, flaying, being drawn and quartered.
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions. Yessiree. If someone has been subjected to harsh, cruel conditions, why not continue it? You are one sick psychopath. You're the kind of monster torturers would pay good money to have on staff.Can I use you as a reference on my application for my next torture chamber job? :lol:
Forced amputations, crushing devices, burning, flaying, being drawn and quartered.
You forgot being sawn in half, staked near the tidewater so you can be devoured by crabs and the rack. "A rose by any other name". Torture by any degree is torture whether it's a medieval device designed to evoke sheer terror and excruciating pain or sleep deprivation and nearly drowning. Cap't Jack
Relatovely mild? Solitary confinement with no human contact for more than a month, waterboarding, rectal probes. sleep deprivation, food deprivation, sexual humiliation, noise at extremely high decibel levels and strobe lights for hours at a time, extreme temperatures, enclosure in small spaces where the victim cannot stand or sit up, stress positions--being forced into painful positions for hours at a time, strikes to the abdomen and head, 20-hour interrogations, striking fear,often with the use of guns and dogs. There were probably even worse techniques used. Relatively mild? Relative to what? . Forced amputations, crushing devices, burning, flaying, being drawn and quartered. So anything goes as long as there is something worse. Another qualification for the job. You're a shoo in.
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions. You're joking, right? I remember some (right wing?) shock jock saying he didn't think water boarding was that bad back around 2006 or so. Someone told him he should try it. He agreed and somehow arranged to have it done to him by an expert. He was supposed to take it as long as he could and then signal somehow for them to stop. I think he lasted about two seconds and refused to let them try it again (to see if he could last longer the second time). He said it was the worst two seconds of physical agony in his life. Keep in mind, he was in a safe place and knew he could end it whenever he wanted, and that the report showed that some detainees were waterboarded 24 hours per day for several days in a row! Supposedly, "only" one detainee died from torture by the CIA. I'm calling bull$hit on that one. And still, there's little evidence that torture worked--no better than conventional forms of interrogation or not at all, depending on who's story you believe. Personally I'll go with the Senate Intelligence Committee report over those whose reputations (and possibly jobs) depend on them saying it worked. Perhaps if it had been called something other than "water boarding" (which sounds like some kind of fun water sport), the public would have a lower opinion of it.
Forced amputations, crushing devices, burning, flaying, being drawn and quartered.
You forgot being sawn in half, staked near the tidewater so you can be devoured by crabs and the rack. "A rose by any other name". Torture by any degree is torture whether it's a medieval device designed to evoke sheer terror and excruciating pain or sleep deprivation and nearly drowning.
What about hot needles in the testicles? And gouging out an eye with a spoon? Forced sex change operations might be effective since these guys are so uptight about sex..? And let's not forget forced chest and bikini waxing!

Two people I would focus on for culpability are Mitchell and Jessen, the Psychologists who got $80 million for their major part.
Mitchell is licensed in Texas. A while back, someone got him reviewed by the licensing board, for patently unethical conduct for his part. The board review said that there was not evidence to revoke his license. (Maybe there is evidence now, that is, if ethics actually means anything in the practice of Psychology).

What about hot needles in the testicles? And gouging out an eye with a spoon? Forced sex change operations might be effective since these guys are so uptight about sex..? And let’s not forget forced chest and bikini waxing!
Damn Bug, you're a ghoul! Gouging out an eye with a spoon? Ouch! Cap't Jack
What about hot needles in the testicles? And gouging out an eye with a spoon? Forced sex change operations might be effective since these guys are so uptight about sex..? And let’s not forget forced chest and bikini waxing!
Damn Bug, you're a ghoul! Gouging out an eye with a spoon? Ouch!
Thanks. I thought about including the old squash-the-eyeball-by-pressing-your-thumb-into-the-eye-socket technique, but decided I like the spoon idea better. Because that way the torturer doesn't have to wash their hands before taking a bite out of their ham sandwich. It's just more convenient. Well, I'm heading off to the beach to go water boarding with my high-quality, custom-made water board. Later.
It doesn't seem that bad. I also doubt many of the detainees were harmed that much, since most of them probably spent their whole lives in harsh, cruel conditions. You're joking, right? I remember some (right wing?) shock jock saying he didn't think water boarding was that bad back around 2006 or so. Someone told him he should try it. He agreed and somehow arranged to have it done to him by an expert. He was supposed to take it as long as he could and then signal somehow for them to stop. I think he lasted about two seconds and refused to let them try it again (to see if he could last longer the second time). He said it was the worst two seconds of physical agony in his life. Keep in mind, he was in a safe place and knew he could end it whenever he wanted, and that the report showed that some detainees were waterboarded 24 hours per day for several days in a row! Supposedly, "only" one detainee died from torture by the CIA. I'm calling bull$hit on that one. And still, there's little evidence that torture worked--no better than conventional forms of interrogation or not at all, depending on who's story you believe. Personally I'll go with the Senate Intelligence Committee report over those whose reputations (and possibly jobs) depend on them saying it worked. Perhaps if it had been called something other than "water boarding" (which sounds like some kind of fun water sport), the public would have a lower opinion of it. So what if some shock jock couldn't handle any fake abuse, a lot of Arab jihadists can.