The Shame of America

The biggest shame is they didn’t light up any politicians in retaliation for the pathetic stimulus. For fu*** sake if you’re gonna go that far, go further. -- oneguy
Language, guy. You are at the top of the list of users who could be blocked.

They had no plan. They did what the guy they believed in told them to do. I was watching NBC. They interviewed them as they marched and some believed Trump was in the march, like he said he would be. He lied of course. The reporters told them he had gone home, and they then thought the reporter was lying. I’ve been in marches. They spend a lot of effort telling people to stay within the boundaries of the march, they have their own people in reflective jackets who are trained in non-violent de-escalation. They have permits. This mob had none of that.

The craziest of them broke the windows and sat in Pelosi’s seat. That inspires others, stupid people who think it must be okay because they are not being arrested. Trump has manipulated this crowd for 6 years now and people like Ted Cruz still think they are voters worth courting.

There is discussion why the Capitol security was not able to prevent the mob from entering.

Pentagon disarms National Guard activated in D.C., sends active-duty forces home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/pentagon-disarms-guardsmen-in-washington-dc-in-signal-of-de-escalation/2020/06/05/324da91a-a733-11ea-8681-7d471bf20207_story.html

I agree that it would be unwise to try and shoot people trying to storm the building. Apparently several of the invaders carried weapons and bombs. An inside gunfight would be unwise, being that all legislators and staff were inside at the start.

But I believe that armed troops should have been deployed and surrounded the building to prevent anyone from coming out without challenge, on threat of being fired upon. That way all people exiting could be identified and processed properly as to having business inside or being an invader to be arrested.

@write4u The U.S. military should not be put into a position of engaging civilians with weapons fire short of being fired upon, even if they’re armed while exiting a building.

There are techniques and doctrine in place to deal with such situations that don’t involve putting bullets into a U.S. citizen simply because they have a gun and are resistant to a challenge while attempting to exit a structure.

I think @lausten is correct here; the USCP did an admirable job in a situation that rapidly turned chaotic given the circumstances and lack of preparedness and the factors that are coming to light in the subsequent investigation.

I agree in principle, but we’re dealing with a civil war here. A fact that no one is willing to admit. Treason is being committed.

If you read closely I did not suggest to not use any force inside, but only to intercept the insurgents when coming out. As it went down, they just walked away, job done , mission accomplished.

To not engage the military to protect the Nation and Consitution , even if it is from domestic enemies, is very very dangerous. Hitler was once convicted of treason and imprisoned. When came out he became Reichs Chancellor and started WWII. lest we forget!!!

2021 is just around the corner in historical terms, and Trump does have a million man militia, with automatic weapons and conviction.

So true.

… with cups running over with resentment and hatred in their hearts, and self-centered enough to really believe all their problems are caused by others.

Never able to own up their failings.

Need to make enemies out of others. Intolerance for other, but expecting us to bow down to their disconnected from reality expectations.

Knowing everything, hating everything that hints at disagreement with them.

Plus constantly projecting their sociopathic ways and means, onto others that can’t even conceive of their sort insecure hateful psyche.

The brainwashing has been going on a long time. I fear most liberals are unprepared since they’ve, as a collective whole, been so lazy and disconnected in their own right. Too busy enjoying our wonderful life styles to think about how tenuous it all was.

@write4u I would be surprised if it could be reasonably argued that I suggested not “engaging” the military where necessary or the use of force inside the building. Its the techniques you suggest as a first resort for those exiting the building that are wrong.

The bad actors from the Capitol events aren’t simply walking away; there is an investigation ongoing and they will be held accountable where possible. As of the time of this post, 55 people have been criminally charged by U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Michael Sherwin, including 15 people connected to the rioting and forcible building and chamber entry.

Have you seen this

FBI Seeking Information Related to Violent Activity at the U.S Capitol Building The FBI is seeking information that will assist in identifying individuals who are actively instigating violence in Washington, DC. The FBI is accepting tips and digital media depicting rioting and violence in the U.S. Capitol Building and surrounding area in Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021.

If you have witnessed unlawful violent actions, we urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant at fbi.gov/USCapitol.

If you have witnessed unlawful violent actions, we urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant at fbi.gov/USCapitol.
I feel bad for the intern who has to sort that data. Most of it will be misinformation and jokes from frat boys.
@bluecord35 said; The bad actors from the Capitol events aren’t simply walking away; there is an investigation ongoing and they will be held accountable where possible. As of the time of this post, 55 people have been criminally charged by U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Michael Sherwin, including 15 people connected to the rioting and forcible building and chamber entry.
Excellent, but have you seen the latest blatant call to arms from the insurgents? They are not afraid of being arrested, Trump will pardon them.

I am afraid we are witnessing the start of a full-blown civil war. This is not a few hundred or thousand unhappy individuals. This is a coordinated preparation for WAR by a few million wannabe patriots with an unlimited supply of deadly weapons and who are convinced their cause is just .

Talk and a “wait and see” attitude is not going to solve this problem. Appeasement didn’t work to prevent WW II. I am afraid it won’t work this time either and the situation is going to get much worse. I hope not, but I won’t bet on it.

10 days does not make a difference when there is a fundamental “difference of opinion”. Part of the problem is that we are already in a war against an unseen enemy and people are suffering hardship. Not a good recipe for calm deliberation.

Hungry, homeless people will kill to survive!

deleted for duplication

They had no plan. They did what the guy they believed in told them to do. I was watching NBC. They interviewed them as they marched and some believed Trump was in the march, like he said he would be. He lied of course. The reporters told them he had gone home, and they then thought the reporter was lying. I’ve been in marches. They spend a lot of effort telling people to stay within the boundaries of the march, they have their own people in reflective jackets who are trained in non-violent de-escalation. They have permits. This mob had none of that.

The craziest of them broke the windows and sat in Pelosi’s seat. That inspires others, stupid people who think it must be okay because they are not being arrested. Trump has manipulated this crowd for 6 years now and people like Ted Cruz still think they are voters worth courting.

Yeah they had no plan. Too bad they didn’t improvise something painful to politicians and make it worthwhile.

They showed us how horribly unorganized they are. They showed us they had no plan. They had no thoughts beyond getting in. They stopped the process but they had no idea what to do next. They only succeeded because the actual force needed took a few hours to get there. That won’t happen again. Trump doesn’t know what he is doing either and has no backing from the military. They know it would be sedition. It’s something to do with how he only controls generals. States control the Guard.

I agree in principle, but we’re dealing with a civil war here. A fact that no one is willing to admit. Treason is being committed.

If you read closely I did not suggest to not use any force inside, but only to intercept the insurgents when coming out. As it went down, they just walked away, job done , mission accomplished.

To not engage the military to protect the Nation and Consitution , even if it is from domestic enemies, is very very dangerous. Hitler was once convicted of treason and imprisoned. When came out he became Reichs Chancellor and started WWII. lest we forget!!!

2021 is just around the corner in historical terms, and Trump does have a million man militia, with automatic weapons and conviction.

Slow down, Tex. There’s nothing even remotely like a civil war happening.

They came, they saw, they broke some IKEA furniture, and they got arrested. One of them even got killed by a cop who wasn’t in any danger himself. (Where have we heard that before).

Final score:

Your side - 1

Protesters - 0

Are you proposing the cops were in control??? You are a little naive, my friend.

Did you see the bundles of plastic restraints, being held by a guy in full combat gear? This guy was organized! He was going to capture legislators, cuff them and use them as Hostages. If he had succeeded, he would have been holding maybe half the government hostage and with Trump STILL as President .

We don’t know how close we came to having a successful coup d’etat. If I recall there are some parallels to;

The 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt, also known as the August Coup,[a] was a failed attempt made by Communist leaders of the Soviet Union to take control of the country from Mikhail Gorbachev, who was Soviet President and General Secretary.

1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt - Wikipedia

The problem always is that the good guys are restricted to lawful actions and the bad guys are not.

The bitter irony is that if Trump vacates he goes to jail for crimes he has committed. He can only avoid jail by staying in power as President, where the position protects him from prosecution.

Thus, doing the right thing lands him in jail, if he succeeds in doing the wrong thing it keeps him untouchable. Riddle me that one.

Here we go folks.

Is there still any doubt this is a minor annoyance to the nation’s stability. Wake up folks , we’ re in a civil war! Lock your doors, cause these criminals are coming for EVERYBODY! This the mob herd mentality. They are stampeding right off the cliff, but they may take a lot of us along with them.

This is getting out of hand and soon more people are gonna die. These thugs will not stop until something really drastic stops them and that is not a desirable prospect.

@write4u. I’ve seen actual civil war. I’ve been part of coalition forces that have enforced peace accords after civil wars. I’ve studied civil wars at both civilian and military institutions.

I even know the social, psychological, and ideological reasons Western nation citizens might think in such terms, even where they don’t apply.

We aren’t headed toward civil war.

We don’t know where we’re headed. There won’t be a civil war, because other bigger crises will distract our attention as the years go by.

ps

Oh and it actually seems like they are too uncoordinated and lack any vision of what they want to do beyond vandalize.

You know, once you get into the building then what.

You know the warning, if you’re looking for trouble you’ll probably find it.

These homegrown malicious idolators, > cause isn’t all this Trump Adoration and white supremist angst is about?

They have no thoughts beyond grievances build upon fantasy thinking. When it comes time to taking out the garbage and getting the water and toilets working again and filling the pantry, what do they have???

Now they are possibly pissing off the guys that control the big guns. The outlaw is everyone’s hero but, he still gets mowed down if he makes a stand against society and the man.

Still scary times, old bets off the table because the tables have turned. America has more internal hatred than has ever existed in this country, it’s horrifying for a good ol boy with his '70s, '80s memories of hitchhiking across the country, including Gulf Coast, and having awesome experiences with a parade of wonderful people. Now it’s a horror show out there. Now far and fast we’ve fallen.