The morning after election day - some music to help the pain go down.

How I wish my pessimism were a twisted psychological artifact - yet, time after time, the morning after and the real world situation seems to vindicate my dismal assessment.

Sad, sad, sad day, America’s reckoning - with it’s own intellectual, spiritual, political laziness, and its disregard for honesty, along our plain old self-centered stupidity and blindsided gluttony and double standards - will be terrible beyond even my ugly worries. So when all else is lost, we still have the moment and music.

So how do you feel this morning? Have any songs to share?

So when all else is lost, we still have the moment and music.
Why the pessimism? The jury is still out and Biden is feeling good.

Sree is right, Biden has been a little ahead all day.

Sree is right, Biden has been a little ahead all day. - oneguy
How come there is a pall in the air, not just on the Trump side but also on the other side. Why aren't they whooping it up and running in the streets celebrating the victory over Donald Trump? Seems like they are also not convinced that a decrepit old Biden could knock out Superman.

Superman . . .

idiot

Seems like they are also not convinced that a decrepit old Biden could knock out Superman.
Here is a study that says Biden, 77, will probably outlive Trump, 74, because Biden isn't obese and has an active life, in contrast to "Superman", who is obese and leads a sedentary life.

Are you sure that “Superman” is the proper analogy? I can’t imagine Superman holding “white trash feasts” of fast food…anywhere, really. Definitely not the White House. And there was that series of mini strokes he definitely didn’t have.

Keep the dream alive

:wink:

DailyMail - co.uk/news/article-8924425/Celebrations-break-America-Joe-Biden-named-president-United-States - html

Celebrations break out in US citIes with dancing, honking horns and cheers filling the streets as Joe Biden is named the next president of the Unites States

Joe Biden was called the next president of the United States at 11.25 a.m. Saturday morning by TV networks
Votes in Philadelphia pushed his margin in the crucial swing state of Pennsylvania over the edge
This takes him to 273 electoral votes setting him on the path to the White House
Kamala Harris becomes the first female vice president and the first black and Asian-American vice president
Celebrations broke out across American cities as news broke of Biden’s victory
In New York City, cheers of celebration, clapping and car horns filled the air across New York City
Outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center people danced in the streets
Tears of relief poured down people’s faces in Washington as others punched the air in excitement
By RACHEL SHARP FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:59 EST, 7 November 2020 | UPDATED: 13:33 EST, 7 November 2020

So far so good. Let a peaceful transition begin.

Lordie knows we have more important things to deal with.

Let the education begin, on both sides, that at least offers hope.

Dotard is too much of a dic[tator] to make a peaceful transfer. I’m concerned he will blow stuff up and not just the pandemic. Keep in mind he’s a sociopath with the codes to the red button.