TELL YOUR SENATORS to "IMPEACH TRUMP !"

I wonder if the “3rd Party Conservatives” thought about how many unhappy Dems (politicians and constituents) they may be able to pull in?

I voted for Regan and both Bushes. I was not pleased with McCain’s pick of Sarah-girl (popularity stunt) otherwise he would have garnered a closer look.

I’m not necessarily pleased with the Dems either, but it’s better than the (only) alternative.

If they pulled it off, my fear would be that they would team up with the turtle and his ilk anyways.

What is really needed is to dump the way we do primaries. Often, by the time it makes it to us (Ohio) the game is over and all we’re left with is some old guy or a megalomaniac.

Beware unintended consequences. If Trump had actually been thrown out in the first impeachment, Pence would most likely have gone on to win the election in 2020. Bad. If Trump isn’t convicted in the 2nd impeachment, there’s a good chance a second party will develop. It will split the Repubs for years to come. Good.

The Repubs split in GA and we got a “God d*mn America” Senator. The Repubs learned all they need to know about third parties. Won’t happen again.

If Trump isn’t convicted in the 2nd impeachment, there’s a good chance a second party will develop.
But that would require trump being able to do something constructive. But all he knows is bullying and vandalism.

This is maddening. You’d think with a 57 to 43, the dotard would not be acquitted, but since it was 10 short of 67, the stupid dotard was acquitted. IMHO, this is BS, but a lot of things in the last four years have been nothing but BS.

It went as predicted

This is maddening.
For people on both sides.
... the stupid dotard was acquitted.
Again. And both sides knew from the start that he would be.
IMHO, this is BS, but a lot of things in the last four years have been nothing but BS.
Exactly what people on both sides have been saying.

A friend of mine who knows politics pretty well put it this way; McConnell, and others like him are trying to ride a fine line. They needed to acquit to prevent the complete fracture of their party and they can still say what Trump did was terrible to keep the money flowing from the more moderate billionaires. It’s cynical, and I hope the strategy fails, but it will draw out the process of clearing out the QAnon faction. The NRA has been weakened, but that power still rests in the hands of people who supported them and other similar far right wings of the party.

The Atlantic pointing out the positives here, historically strong showing of a party to convict it’s own guy, wide agreement that rioting is wrong and democracy is in danger.

The Atlantic
Wishful thinking.
Nancy
Another sore loser.

Let it go people! You knew how it would end. Game over. Go home. We’ll see you in 2022.

Oh, I almost forgot: and don’t worry about trying to unify the nation.

I really don’t see how prosecuting the dotard and the Repug party fracturing as a problem. If they are criminals, they need to be sorted out and not elected again.

Mitch McConnell's impeachment speech was just a hostage video Lloyd Green

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/14/mitch-mcconnell-trump-impeachment-speech-hostage-video

What was once the proud party of Lincoln and Reagan is now a Trump family rag – something to be used and abused by the 45th president like his bankrupt companies, namesake university and hapless vice-president, Mike Pence.

If the impeachment trial established anything, it is that Trump risked turning Pence into a corpse and ultimately went unpunished. That hangman’s noose was built to be used. …

In the end, devotion to a former reality show host literally trumped life itself. The mob belongs to Trump – as the Capitol police can attest. So much for the GOP’s embrace of “law and order”. When it mattered most, it counted least.

Like Moloch, Trump has elevated human sacrifice and personal devotion into the ultimate test. His indifference to Covid’s ravages was a harbinger of what came next, his raucous and at times violent rallies mere warm-up acts.

When Trump mused about shooting some on Fifth Avenue and getting away with it, he wasn’t joking. He was simply stating a fact. …

and so on and so forth.

@ibelieveinlogic

Nancy
Another sore loser.

Let it go people! You knew how it would end. Game over. Go home. We’ll see you in 2022.

Oh, I almost forgot: and don’t worry about trying to unify the nation.

We’re gonna burn it all down. Just try to stop us trumpkens!

So believe trump’s too totalitarian troops.

You knew how it would end. Game over. Go home. We’ll see you in 2022. -- Bob
Well, that's the gamble. Actually, I thought McConnell's comments were much better than expected. He said Trump did it, then he made up some Constitutional argument that most people won't bother to read up on. The 43 Senators picked from this multiple choice question:

A. Trump is obviously guilty and should never hold office again.

B. Trump is obviously guilty, but he has the right to speak freely, even if it incites violence.

C. Trump is obviously guilty, but he got away with it, so we can’t do anything about it now.

D. Trump is obviously guilty, but people want to fight, and you said “fight”, so, we fight.

And the bar for presidential moral leadership has been lowered considerably. Next time we will have a truly violent coup and the installation of dictatorship.

Now was the time to set an example of moral strength and certitude, and instead we offered an apology. Bah …

#340757 @ibelieveinlogic

Another sore loser.

Yeah, mr. blind boy, here’s how sore losers act in a democracy,

For context,

IMHO, even those who voted to acquit the dotard are just as guilty of crimes and they know they voted to indict the dotard, they’d be charged with something too. They should be, because they are just as guilty.

Guys , what do you think of this? Fair enough criticism?

Guys , what do you think of this? Fair enough criticism?
Let's hope civilian Law will deal with him. They got Al Capone on Taxes........!