Status of Robert M. Price among CFI members

Hello there, I am curious about the status of Robert M. Price regarding the number of people here who support him. I was told in a chat yesterday that Robert M. Price for the most, was not regarded highly in here because of the rambling and insulting manner in which he mocks people by making voices in his podcasts.
Now I might add that the only place I know he know imitates Irish accents and the like, is when he is reading off question from a geographical area, like so and so from New York City asks, “cue new york accent while reading the letter” and the like. And even when I called him on this he seems to concede to some vague podcast view and said that he had only listened to one fully and two others a quarter of the way through be he stopped.
So yah, I am just curious if what he said is true.

I can’t help because I haven’t the slightest idea who he is, and I don’t listen to podcasts.
Occam

I can't help because I haven't the slightest idea who he is, and I don't listen to podcasts. Occam
Well, here's his wiki if that helps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_M._Price

I doubt many people here listen to religious podcasts much or have ever heard of this guy. According to what’s at the wiki link, he is not very interesting.

I doubt many people here listen to religious podcasts much or have ever heard of this guy. According to what's at the wiki link, he is not very interesting.
I have no interest in The Bible Geek podcast. Price was a rotating host of Point of Inquiry for while and I found his podcast episodes boring at best and annoying at worst. BTW, the wiki page needs updating as it indicates Price still hosts PoI episodes. I'm not sure if PoI is still around.

I worked with Robert Price when I was the editor of Secular Nation. i thought he was an interesting guy and knew the Bible. He’s as close as you’ll get to an atheist biblical scholar–handy sometimes. He could answer any question I had about the bible and was always very responsive.
Lois

Personally I like Price’s podcasts. He hosts the “Human Bible” and parses it verse by verse sometimes imitating Charleston Heston (he does a pretty good job of it too!) and I find it hilarious. In most cases he debunks the scriptures, explains their original intent and the historical setting of the particular book. He can at times seem rather tedious in his explanations and if you have only a passing interest in Biblical history you’ll probably become bored within the first fifteen minutes. I’ve also read two of his books and he presents a compelling argument concerning the “Jesus myth” contention in his monograph The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man. I’m still not firmly convinced of that, yet. All in all I don’t mind his use of amusing accents to make a point. I do the same thing at times for emphasis or just for kicks and giggles.
Cap’t Jack

I've also read two of his books and he presents a compelling argument concerning the "Jesus myth" contention in his monograph The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man. I'm still not firmly convinced of that, yet. All in all I don't mind his use of amusing accents to make a point. I do the same thing at times for emphasis or just for kicks and giggles. Cap't Jack
Correct me if I am wrong, but Price doesn't discuss at length a model for the Christ Myth theory in that work, he more or less discusses the comparative religion with an emphasis on Buddhist theological parallels. His more recent work, The Christ Theory and Its Problems is the one you're looking for.

Price is friendly enough.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Price doesn’t discuss at length a model for the Christ Myth theory in that work, he more or less discusses the comparative religion with an emphasis on Buddhist theological parallels. His more recent work, The Christ Theory and Its Problems is the one you’re looking for.
No, he doesn't discuss the "model" but he does attack the authenticity of the gospels and the parables in the book which is a carryover of his contention that the Jesus character is in fact a composite of earlier god stories. He clearly defines this in the articles he published on the topic as well. I'll put The Christ Theory on my reading list. Cap't Jack

I think the reason many people have an ax to grind with Price is due to his politics. He’s a conservative and will inject them where they’re not needed, and when you bring politics into a discussion, this has the habit of pissing people off.

I think the reason many people have an ax to grind with Price is due to his politics. He’s a conservative and will inject them where they’re not needed, and when you bring politics into a discussion, this has the habit of pissing people off.
Wow! Talk about an aha moment! I just looked up Price's political views and it surprised me, a conservative atheist! I guess I'm too much of a naive liberal to conceive that concept. The old adage "never assume anything" comes to mind. Cap't Jack

I’ve met him once and listen to him often, but not as often as I use to listen to him. We both agree about Star Trek and the mythical origins of religion, but we disagree completely on politics. Other than that, I could talk with the man for hours about religious mythology and Star Trek.

Well, I wouldn’t have any problem with those two subjects. Been a Trekkie since 1966 when the show first aired and have always been a fond fan of religious mythology, especially Egyptian and Greek. I’d definitely stay off of politics though. I’m an active member of the Democratic Party and a liberal, well mostly.
Cap’t Jack