ShoutYourAbortion - #YouKnowMe - the other side

#YouKnowMe: Twitter Users Share Abortion Experiences

May 19, 2019

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/19/724747932/-youknowme-twitter-users-share-abortion-experiences

==================================

I would love to have a civilized argument about abortion, if you have the time.

No thank you.

This is not an argument or a debate.

We invite you to read the literally hundreds of personal stories non our website to better understand why abortion is not theoretical.

Have a great day! https://shoutyourabortion.com

The following comes from:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/youknowme/?hl=en

“If my vagina could shot bullets it would have less regulation.”

“How can we compromise on Abortion?

If you are anti-abortion - don’t have one!

If you are pro-choice and need one - get a safe abortion!

It’s a personal decision NOT a legal debate!”

“Can we please stop framing the abortion discussion around

“rape and incest exceptions?”

Please?

“Because they don’t want to be pregnant anymore!”

needs to be our standard.

Period.

Pregnant people do not have to be traumatized in order to end their pregnancy.”

I HAD AN ABORTION -

I don’t regret it
It saved my life
I am Proud!

Sweet looking gal, in her 80s, 90s ? -

“I can’t believe I still have to protest this fucking shit!”

“My Creator? A Woman.”

Newsflash:

You can be prochoice and a mother.

You can be prochoice and support adoption.

You can be prochoice and never get an abortion / be against abortion yourself!

THAT’S WHY IT’S CALLED PROCHOICE.

You are pro-woman getting a choose whatever the hell they want to do with their own bodies.

Reminds me of one of my cutie lines back in them restaurant server days:

Where do you come from? My Mama!!!

What’s in a honeymooner sandwich?

Lettuce alone.

BaDaBing, I’ll be right back with that drink :wink:

It’s always the same ugly, heavily medicated women on the other side.

When attractive, healthy women start bragging about their abortions, I’ll be impressed.

thatoneguy: It’s always the same ugly, heavily medicated women on the other side.

When attractive, healthy women start bragging about their abortions, I’ll be impressed.

Well, thanks for that peek into who you really are.

Your high moral standards speak for themselves.

So tell us, from where do you get that sense of moral superiority from?

It was given to me by the lord our god. Seriously though, my point is image matters.

Everyone knows that pro-abortion individuals have a lot of personal problems and this kind of activism gives my side more ammo.

thatoneguy: It was given to me by the lord our god.
The lord our god. Hmmm, what do you know about him?

1. Thatoneguy looks like your side is freaking out in not being able to control women.

What ever Player. Let’s keep this one on topic:

thatoneguy: It was given to me by the lord our god.

CC: The lord our god. Hmmm, what do you know about him?

Please can we get back to this “was given to me by the lord our god.”

What were you given? Please explain. If you can.

PD’s two cents:

“Can we please stop framing the abortion discussion around

“rape and incest exceptions?”

Please?

“Because they don’t want to be pregnant anymore!”

needs to be our standard.

Period.

Pregnant people do not have to be traumatized in order to end their pregnancy.”

Well, yair. I agree with that, especially the bit about women who have abortions need not be traumatised. Tragically, that still seems too often be the case. Not sure but I suspect that may be caused in part by the hysterical attitude of many pro life advocates. They seem to be doing their best to do the typical religious bit of control by guilt.

I would not claim to be proud of having my cataracts removed and new lenses input. It was 2x20 minutes medical procedures. Abortion is a medical procedure.The decision is a medical one, between a woman and her physician AND NO ONE ELSE. In an ideal world women would feel neither pride nor shame, but maybe relief.

As a man, this entire issue is none of my business.I have stated my position, as clearly as I can. I do not have the arrogance to presume to tell any woman what she should do in such as situation.

I will not ‘debate’ this issue.

PD said, “As a man, this entire issue is none of my business… I do not have the arrogance to presume to tell any woman what she should do in such as situation.”

TimB says, “That is my stance also. Except I sometimes feel compelled to speak up, when other men think that it is completely their business, to the extent that their position may come to rule over what a woman can do in such a situation.”

@Timb

To be fair, perhaps a corollary would be reasonable: Nor should any woman in such a position, regardless of her stance , have the arrogance to insist other women should do as she does.

Today we’ve mentioned free speech; other people have a right to their opinions, no matter how wrong headed or obnoxious they may seem to me.----As long as they are not advocating violence or causing harm to others. EG anti vaccination nut jobs who actually put the lives of others, especially children, at risk need ,to be muzzled or set on fire… I do that regularly to dropkicks in the mall who insist on having very loud conversations about their stultifying little lives within my hearing. Women with noisy children I simply chastise with a brick on a string. No need to be extreme

–A moral relativist, my perception is that absolute moral values are pretty thin on the ground.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

From “The Devil’s Dictionary” : “Christian: One who believes that The New Testament is a divinely inspired book ideally suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbour. One who follows the teachings of Christ in so far as they are not inconsistent with a life of sin” (Ambrose Bierce)

The lord our god. Hmmm, what do you know about him?
It’s a joke. I thought the but seriously in my post would highlight that.

thatoneguy, most of what you write seems to be a joke. So how about it, back to my question.

Since this is a discussion forum where getting to know each other a bit better is part of the fun -

so give, where do you seriously get your “moral authority” to make those grand decrees on woman’s rights and lives?

Bonus question - Explain this “image” thing - what’s that about in your head?

Moral authority? Don’t know about you, but I don’t recognise such an authority outside of the individual.

Oh, I don’t expect healthy women to ever brag about abortions. That is because, imo, an emotionally healthy woman will never need to.

That opinion is lifted from Shakespeare " The lady doth protest too much, me thinks" (Hamlet, act 111 scene 11)

And what makes you think you’re in a position to judge a woman’s state of mental health?

Oh, and they aren’t bragging, men are shoving them against a wall and they are fighting back with the few weapons they have at hand. Trying to reason and explain the depth of the crisis individual women face that forces them to choose abortion is not bragging - and you reducing it to that, reveals a certain moral bankruptcy of your own, if not a ruthlessly malicious nature…

“and you reducing it to that, reveals a certain moral bankruptcy of your own, if not a ruthlessly malicious nature…”

Sorry, ad hominem attack, not addressing the issue.

Pat, I was referring to that first quote.

Patrick D, May 25, 2019 at 12:07 am: "Oh, I don’t expect healthy women to ever brag about abortions. That is because, imo, an emotionally healthy woman will never need to."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And what makes you think you’re in a position to judge a woman’s state of mental health?

Oh, and they aren’t bragging, men are shoving them against a wall and they are fighting back with the few weapons they have at hand. Trying to reason and explain the depth of the crisis individual women face that forces them to choose abortion is not bragging – and you reducing it to that, reveals a certain moral bankruptcy of your own, if not a ruthlessly malicious nature…

May 25, 2019 at 1:47 am #301107

Patrick D “and you reducing it* to that, reveals a certain moral bankruptcy of your own, if not a ruthlessly malicious nature…”

Sorry, ad hominem attack, not addressing the issue.

What about that quote at the top? Doesn’t that seem outrageously ad hominem?

These new waves of radicalized “Pro-Lifers” forces now that they believe that have our Supreme Court packed enough to over through Roe v. Wade, have forced woman into a position where many have decided to try to explain themselves and why they need to get their abortions. But of course trying to reason with Absolutist, who think they are “God’s (er ego’s) Enforcers” is a tough challenge. Instead of empathy, go Christians calling them every name in the book instead.

Hopefully they’ll at least wake up a few rational men and woman.

Oh and it isn’t an ad hominem to think religious absolutists are not rational thinkers, it is a descriptive. In fact I even heard some call out “rationalism” as their enemy.

thatoneguy, most of what you write seems to be a joke. So how about it, back to my question. Since this is a discussion forum where getting to know each other a bit better is part of the fun – so give, where do you seriously get your “moral authority” to make those grand decrees on woman’s rights and lives?
I have the authority to criticize because I am a normal man with the ability to reproduce.
Bonus question – Explain this “image” thing – what’s that about in your head?
I think you know what "image" means. If you don't I'm not going to explain it.