Abortion right and wrong

Abortion, Right and Wrong By Rachel Richardson Smith I cannot bring myself to say I am in favor of abortion. I don’t want anyone to have one. I want people to use contraceptives and for those contraceptives to be foolproof. I want people to be responsible for their actions, mature in their decisions. I want children to be loved, wanted, well cared for. I cannot bring myself to say I am against choice. I want women who are young, poor, single or all three to be able to direct the course of their lives. I want women who have had all the children they want or can afford or their in bad marriages or destructive relationships to avoid being trapped by pregnancy. So these days when thousands rally in opposition to legalized abortion, when facilities providing abortions are bombed, when the president speaks glowingly of the growing momentum behind the anti-abortion movement, I find myself increasingly alienated from those pro-life groups. At the same time, I am overwhelmed with mail from pro-choice groups. They, too, are mobilizing their forces, growing articulate in support of their cause, and they want my support. I am not sure I can give it. I find myself in the awkward position of being both anti-abortion and pro-choice. Neither group seems to be completely right—or wrong. It is not that I think abortion is wrong for me but acceptable for someone else. The question is far more complex than that. <span style="color:green]for the rest of her text visit">

Oh lordie wish you hadn’t reminded me about that disgusting Supreme Court of ours - and the right wing ideologues in general.
Those contemptibles will never be happy, cripple Planned Parenthood out of pure ideological vindictiveness -
And now this - set them up for another round of intimidation escalation and the inevitable violence that will follow.
Subject women who are already in crisis to direct in-your-face harassment by self-righteous pigs oblivious to anything outside their own ego-trip - people who are better at judgmentalism than supporting the living.
Like it’s a reverse God-Pakman Game - save 'em and toss in a sack, like tokens to be collected in a contest.
For whatever it’s worth I gotta send this out again, even if just to our little circle.

The following is my open letter to Congressman Tipton and the Durango Herald - 3/6/11}: http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/colorado-congressman-tipton-votes-to.html Tipton Right Wing ideologues Playing Politics With Women's Lives Open letter to Congressman Tipton, Recently, I called US Representative Tipton’s office to voice my objection to a bill (later passed) for cutting off funding for Planned Parenthood. I said it was a short sighted self-destructive choice. He sent me a reply starting off his justification for voting to shut down funding for Planned Parenthood: “I believe in protecting the sanctity of all human life. . ." My first reaction was: What does cutting off HIV tests, cancer screenings, sex education, birth control, prenatal screening by crippling Planned Parenthood do for the sanctity of life? What about the sanctity of the living women and children who will be harmed because of this shortsighted penny pinching action that guarantees down the road ballooning troubles. It makes no sense. My second reaction was, if this is about a woman’s right to choose an abortion: Why would “believing in the sanctity of all human life" preclude having on rare occasions to terminate one? Tipton Right Wing ideologues favors expansive gun freedoms which assume that at times a citizen has the right to blow away someone else’s life. Then there’s the Republican’s embrace of that Iraq War of choice and its unnecessary massive loss of innocent life. What happened to the non-threatening Iraqi children and peasant’s “sanctity of all human life?" How much consideration was, or is, given to the sanctity of all those lives? The hypocrisy overwhelms. Representative Tipton Right Wing ideologues you might claim; self-defense justifies those killings. OK then, right. But, that begs the question: What justification do Republican’s have to strip a woman of her right to exercise self-defense? An honest examination of aborted pregnancies reveals that it is about difficult anguished survival decisions. Self-defense of a most primal nature. There is a uniquely female right to self-defense and self-determination that Republicans and the religious right can’t seem to abide. Why? Sir, I believe it’s shameful to use the extremely personal abortion crisis for a political bludgeon. Sincerely
Abortion, Right and Wrong By Rachel Richardson Smith I cannot bring myself to say I am in favor of abortion. I don’t want anyone to have one. I want people to use contraceptives and for those contraceptives to be foolproof. I want people to be responsible for their actions, mature in their decisions. I want children to be loved, wanted, well cared for. I cannot bring myself to say I am against choice. I want women who are young, poor, single or all three to be able to direct the course of their lives. I want women who have had all the children they want or can afford or their in bad marriages or destructive relationships to avoid being trapped by pregnancy. So these days when thousands rally in opposition to legalized abortion, when facilities providing abortions are bombed, when the president speaks glowingly of the growing momentum behind the anti-abortion movement, I find myself increasingly alienated from those pro-life groups. At the same time, I am overwhelmed with mail from pro-choice groups. They, too, are mobilizing their forces, growing articulate in support of their cause, and they want my support. I am not sure I can give it. I find myself in the awkward position of being both anti-abortion and pro-choice. Neither group seems to be completely right—or wrong. It is not that I think abortion is wrong for me but acceptable for someone else. The question is far more complex than that. <span style="color:green]for the rest of her text visit">
This is a perfect example of how even well meaning people get mixed up on the issue. NO ONE is pro-abortion. That's doublespeak put out by the right wingers. Everyone would prefer that the fetus make to be a child then be born into a wonderful life. The issue is, are you pro-abortion RIGHTS. When well-meaning people like this poster confuse the matter they play into the right wingers hands.
This is a perfect example of how even well meaning people get mixed up on the issue. NO ONE is pro-abortion. That's doublespeak put out by the right wingers. Everyone would prefer that the fetus make to be a child then be born into a wonderful life. The issue is, are you pro-abortion RIGHTS. When well-meaning people like this poster confuse the matter they play into the right wingers hands.
I agree. I think its far more accurate to paint this as a pro-choice anti-choice debate rather than a anti-abortion, pro-abortion one. I don;t know anyone who advocates that women have abortions. They are in many cases simply the lesser of two evils. Either stop an unwanted pregnancy from coming to life or let it ruin life that is already struggling for options in a difficult situation.

Framing this issue as being only about abortion completely sidesteps a woman’s rights in regards to her body. That’s the real goal of the pro lifers. They want the government to uphold the traditional roles of men and women in their religious traditions by keeping men in charge of women and their bodies. Abortion is a distraction. They don’t value life at all. They only value the “afterlife” and the only way to secure that is to uphold gods laws in this life.

Framing this issue as being only about abortion completely sidesteps a woman's rights in regards to her body. That's the real goal of the pro lifers. They want the government to uphold the traditional roles of men and women in their religious traditions by keeping men in charge of women and their bodies. Abortion is a distraction. They don't value life at all. They only value the "afterlife" and the only way to secure that is to uphold gods laws in this life.
Yes, clearly they're not about protecting "freedom" or "freedom of religion," they are about protecting "freedom for Christians only." Oftentimes, out of curiousity, I visit Family Research Council website (a major Christian "family values" lobbying group) and they try to push that they are out to defend American freedoms, but it is only Christian interests they defend and a quick read of their articles proves that.

I think its quite clear that abortion is murder and it has never been a constitutional right.

Welcome Steve. I read the entire thread before realizing the posts were 7 years old. I’m guessing the recent accepting of the Supreme Court case sparked some interest, and will spark some more. If it were as simple as any other taking of a life, then it wouldn’t need the Supreme Court. But, obviously it’s not, so it does.

“I think its quite clear that abortion is murder”

Should the doctors, nurses and parents all go to prison?

Why do you believe abortion is murder?

Many questions cam to my mind, as i scrolled the topic,

First words are important, anti-abortion are not pro-life, they ara anti-abortion.

Most of them are pro death penalty and freedom to own and use fire weapons, at least to hunt.

They are against abortion, because they think that it is a divine command. As far as I know, there is not a word against it in Bible.

Church condemned very early abortion, but cannon law varied over his definition. In fact, as long as the fœtus has no soul, most church father did not condemn the woman. the time limit was generally at the end of the 12th week.

I agree that a limit must be set as usually a 8 month fœtus is able of autonomous live. Science should give the data to fix the limit.

Second, contraception is much better, but when it fails, women must be able to choose. My mother was student in psychology. She made her essay upon abortion and concluded that many women having aborted regretted it, especially if they could not have no children thereafter.

Results of studies about the effects of abortion on mental health and well being vary. One interesting study shows that there is not signifiant difference between the well being of women having aborted or to whom abortion was denied.

Third, from a legal and societal point of view, making abortion a misdemeanor does not prevent it. But past experience shows that clandestin abortion is often dangerous for the woman health. Number of abortion does not increase when you legalize it.

Since the end of the 1970s, recourse to abortion has remained stable in France, with around 200,000 acts performed per year, more than half of which have been medical abortions since 2008. Access to effective contraceptive methods has led to a decrease in the number of unintended pregnancies, but recourse to abortion has become more frequent for cases of unintended pregnancies, which explains the stability of the figures. In France before legalization of abortion and contraception, the yearly estimated number was around 360 000.

Last, i was almost forgetting that anti-abortion are anti-contraception.

The true debate is about freedom of women and their right to pleasure. Abortion or contraception are fields of battle, they are not the war.

https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/26087-abortion-nontract?cf_chl_jschl_tk=e49b4a3e7cf3079190149b57b17c159cfe619838-1621427415-0-ATg6b6FeipQF5vZ_9dc0hoMty1_ONlCzi7hrTPHZ96RNLo-a-AiabCYBfirT6Fy9XJ5ISlAIK5um76w0O_y1ZLKc0Nmba7ekBgSqWmHM7OHbYhoeoAUxrpr7ZtgVgboL7UD-JXm5cV9qP0aGLh6pmfPEtrARFB7nNjncbBVcCNFBZK-69I6TIwqGkcQh5IJanuOc_nc60oicrNiBePu8GxZhEhb3lJFqFkPuKKFnMWIkWCULBe4nmVaugy74R5DNj1QULJ-6rVpwcekPMwF-X5DvjX6NfCGW1D2tuJ5um_yqLXHDrRvU5UBeHpDnTcwyD4UsUHHaQvQS2PJAAM6qcKVn5Yb_bE8zRegQgEesPfQAjrsswDBarBGR0ez4Z3HBPW4vaA6nE3rxKiNy05h62xHwOWhcObveYJGHVO8U3Pt8vTlXYy1_7hlf8PTbIQmCGWIjn8_zifisLXvPkP9CzS6mjeeKZYySMpKJn60ArsDG2RiQIAKITi4uFr_-DZgoog

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4186981/

Slight adjustment. :wink:

The true rage is at the thought of freedom of women and their right to pleasure.
Although it also makes a wonderful brainwashing tool for political strategists.