Sex Education, Then and Now

Lust for power and such?

The ego is the main matter for me.

Everyone think that he is the king of the world. Most people are rational enough to admit that there are limits. Some people are not,

Sex, politics and money form a whole that the ambitious want to dominate for their own satisfaction.

2 French scientists have published a book : * Kupiec Jean-Jacques et Sonigo Pierre, Ni Dieu ni gĆØne : pour une autre thĆ©orie de lā€™hĆ©rĆ©ditĆ©, Paris, Seuil, coll. Ā« Science Ouverte Ā», 2000.

I donā€™t know if it has been translated.

I am not a scientist and my English is clumsy. To sum up what i think i understood and remember, our genes open possibles, some of them become realities, as we react to our environment. Some of them donā€™t.

One of my friends told me this story:

The scorpion and the frog
One day a scorpion addresses a frog:
ā€œPlease help me cross the river.ā€
ā€œBut are you going to sting me?ā€
ā€œIā€™m not stupid, if I sting you, I die.ā€
"Okay. "
The scorpion climbs on the back of the frog that begins to cross the river. Arrived in the middle of the crossing, the scorpion stings the frog.
This one, in a last breath, asks him why.
He answers before drowning: ā€œI could not help it, itā€™s my nature!ā€

Human beings are not animals and it belongs to them to dominate their instincts.

1 Like

And whatā€™s wrong with letting them know itā€™s not a problem?
Because there is variety among people, and variety in how nature created their bodies, and hormone driven needs and feelings ? ?
Why do you want to create a problem?

Seems to me from close observation, (I have two sets of grandchildren, the first in their late teens and) the one has always been a little ā€˜differentā€™ and prefers to label himself ā€œagenderā€ or something modern like that. Yet, heā€™s got a girl friend these days. I havenā€™t spent near enough time with them to have any actual insight into his struggles (except he played way heck too much video games growing up - seems to me thatā€™s enough to twist any young mind. Can we outlaw that garbage and have big video game burning parties?) - so what should I do, pile onto the guy, or accept him as he is and have an actually discussion with the kid, as opposed to preaching at him, that discussion reveals heā€™s actually way more aware and sharper than superficial observation would indicate. Seems to me, he was born into an insane world and is doing his best to deal with it and actually doing a pretty decent job. I can be happy with that, I have no need to force him into any corners or stereotype.

If anything spending time with him and others, makes me aware of how easy I had it, and appreciating Iā€™m in no position to judge others.
Iā€™ll save my judgementalism for how they behave and how treat others.

I believe Barbie dolls are a pretty sick imagine to force on little girls, but that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™d grab the dolls away from girls and toss 'em in the trash. I figure theyā€™ll figure it out soon enough as they grow up.

In a way what it really comes down to is:

Why is someone elseā€™s sexual orientation, or struggles, your business?

Isnā€™t this supposed to be the land of the free, with free speech and such.
Why does the Right Wing always want to shut down constructive dialogue and ā€œleft wingā€ free speech, on top of plugging their ears, and hearts, and refusing to learn anything new or challenging?

And there is the crux of the matter.
In a modern democracy, it is no oneā€™s business what I do with my life.

If you want to control the lives of other people and tell them what to wear and how to behave,
join a religious cult like Islam.

You can be a drunk, just donā€™t drive.
You can be lazy, but donā€™t expect a raise.
You can be uninformed, but you might not like the government you get.
You can be unhelpful, and hope you arenā€™t in need someday.

These are reasons we control behaviors. How does this apply to your hormones, dna, and feelings we donā€™t totally understand? What harm are they doing to anyone?

Iā€™ve heard about an increasing number of teens who identify as LGBT, and I suspect itā€™s just this generationā€™s form of teenage rebellion. Everybody knows teens are impressionable and do goofy things, but another possibility is that it could be related to the high rates of mental illness in young people.

True enough, but liberals are making LGBT issues everyone elseā€™s business. Regular people didnā€™t ask for lists of pronouns or drag queens reading books to kids.

Whoā€™s business was it when gays couldnā€™t keep a job if they were outed? When they got beat up coming out of a gay bar? When kids used the terms as insults and no one cared?

And how do you know that? Has any transgender told you that they are unhappy and unsuccessful in life? Have you made a study of the psychology of transgenderism?
Where and who did you get your information from?

Is it possible that any emotional stresses are due to how they are treated by others and that might be the cause of their unhappiness and lack of success, if any? That they perhaps are happy among friends and people who look at the personā€™s character regardless of their sexual orientation?

Do you personally feel threatened by LGBT people? As entertainer, I have made several excellent gay friends who respected my straight orientation because I respected their gay orientation. I have been to drag parties and had a grand old time.
I had a boss who was gay and we went on several very successful business trips without any regrettable incidents.
So where and when does the unhappiness and unsuccessfulness come in?

Maybe or maybe itā€™s because people have more freedom to come out as LGBT.

Really? So people who are gay/lesbian/bisexual are not like everyone else? Can a person help who they are attracted to? Thatā€™s just the LGB part of the LGBT. Letā€™s take that a step further with a person who believes/feels they are in the wrong body, called gender dysmorphia, which is still in the DSM. Transgender people do need help psychologically and medically, but not how you think. Trans people need help figuring out if their feelings are real and this is where the psychologist helps. There are some who truly do need gender reassignment surgery, but in order to figure out if they do or not, they need the psychologist and a medical doctor. Itā€™s not like they go in one day and say, ā€œI want to be a girlā€ and they get gender reassignment surgery. Itā€™s not done like that. There is a process, in which they have to live like they believe they really are. If they believe they are female, they have to live as such and if they believe they are male, they live as male. Some may go on to take hormones and then they stop there and not have surgery. Others go on to have surgery, but not everyone goes that far and a few decide to say the gender they were born. That is how people receive treatment for gender dysmorphia. Once thatā€™s done, they are fine, except for society, who canā€™t accept people who go from one gender to another.

This is not to say I understand the T part of LGBTā€¦ I donā€™t. I donā€™t even understand nongender/agender, but I do understand the process they have to go through to make the final decision to transition. They donā€™t and canā€™t just get up one morning and decide they going to transition. It doesnā€™t work that way. There has to be a certainty, even for those who are helping them figure out if thatā€™s what they really want.

And wouldnā€™t you want them to get proper treatment for the disorder? The proper treatment is as I described above. This is not enabling, but the rest of society really needs to accept LGBTQ people and thatā€™s not enabling either. Thatā€™s accepting that a small percentage of society are not what they appear to be. They sure as hell do not need the abusive and mentally damaging Conversion Therapy.

Letā€™s put it this way, Iā€™d rather deal with a ā€œrareā€ transgender than with a ā€œnormalā€ criminal.

1 Like

Fiction is a great way to explore these issues. Picoult always has twists and turns in her murder mysteries. The journey of these characters gives you insight into the facts as well as the feelings

Thereā€™s tolerance, and then there is fetishization of an oppressed group , or in the case of gays, a formerly oppressed group. Itā€™s part of the novelty seeking and moralizing that liberals are prone to.

The emotional stress comes from not having oneā€™s body fit with oneā€™s mind and the alienation that causes.

It could be, though I doubt it.

They are fundamentally different.

I thought it was clear where I posted they need treatment. As for the second point, I disagree that we have to accept LGBT people. We are doing them a favor by accepting them, but we donā€™t really need them.

The treatment is to see a psychologist and a doctor to determine if gender reassignment will help that person. However, it isnā€™t a disorder like an eating disorder. Gender dysmorphia doesnā€™t kill, but the stress and anxiety society causes can lead the person to suicide, especially if one has to go through the abusive and very damaging Conversion Therapy.

Are they not human?

Not accepting them as human beings is what is leading to a high rate of suicide. Society is to blame for that.

Well said.

They are human, but dysfunctional.

Probably accurate for some individuals. Suicide is often complex. My point was not necessarily about their moral worth as human beings, but that lgbt acceptance doesnā€™t make or break society.

That is only true because society treats them like alien freaks. The same thing happens with fundamental religions. If you are an apostate you need to DIE!!!

I am an atheist and having lived in a small very religious town I KNOW what it is to be an outcast, having to run home from school else Iā€™d be beaten by a gang of normal ā€œbelievers in baby Jesusā€.

Do you know why? I once told the class that all things, including people are made of atoms, an absolute and fundamental truth.

Ironically, their motive for hating me is that I needed to be taught that God made people the way they are now.

Are they able to get up in the morning and go to work like everyone else? Are they able to feed themselves properly? Are they able to function in society like everyone else? Are they able to clothe themselves? If you answered yes to those questions, then Iā€™d say they are not dysfunctional.

2 Likes

Dysfunctional in what way? As ā€œstudā€ or ā€œbroodmareā€? As potential parent?
I didnā€™t know that a personā€™s functionality depended on their sexuality and not on their behavior.
Cā€™mon ā€œguyā€, you can do a lot better than that.

Thatā€™s absolutely false. Itā€™s about leaving people be.

As for fetishization, that an idiotic childish argument.
Thereā€™s always someone who wants to fetishize something.
Hell look at how many people think their AK15ā€™s are more important than school children,
talk about fetishization.
What about the fetishization of the total faith that too much is never enough and we can grow exponentially forever?

You keep refusing to look at the human side of this.

Guy, what gave you the right to decree whoā€™s dysfunctional, when did you achieve some superior intellectual or moral authority? God? Howā€™s that work?