Republican's drive towards utter US anarchy! Details are coming to light

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Jan 11, 2022:

Republicans In At Least Three States Filed Forged Elector Letters

Rachel Maddow shares reporting from Politico of Republicans in Michigan and Arizona creating fake elector letters pretending to certify Donald Trump and Mike Pence the winners of their states even though Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won them both, with the Michigan letter markedly similar to a previously reported forged Wisconsin letter.

Beyond the pale.

I believe this is called SEDITION?

1 Like

January 6 Committee Documents Suggest Meadows Involvement In Fake Elector Scheme

#MSNBC #January6 #MarkMeadows

#MSNBC #Arizona #Elector

Fake Elector Struggles To Explain Role In Scheme To Submit False Election Papers

Jan 13, 2022

Talk about ELECTION FRAUD!!!

Michigan AG Dana Nessel refers GOP electors review to federal prosecutors

Craig Mauger - The Detroit News - January 13, 2022

Lansing — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Thursday she referred to federal prosecutors a probe into Republicans who signed and submitted a certificate falsely claiming Donald Trump won Michigan’s electoral votes.

The revelation demonstrated the potential seriousness and ongoing nature of the investigation and could have repercussions throughout state politics, as the 16 Republicans in question, include high-ranking members of the state GOP, like Co-Chairwoman Meshawn Maddock. …

… “Under state law, I think clearly you have forgery of a public record, which is a 14-year offense, and election law forgery, which is a five-year offense,” Nessel said during the appearance. …

The 16 Michigan Republicans who signed the certificate inaccurately claimed they were the “duly elected and qualified electors” for Michigan. They also stated that they “convened and organized” in the state Capitol, which they did not. …

Among the Republicans who signed the document were Berden, Maddock, Shelby Township Clerk Stan Grot and the party’s grassroots vice chairwoman, Marian Sheridan. Maddock was elected the party’s co-chair in February 2021 after signing the claimed certificate. …

and on and on

Here’s an interesting detail that I haven’t heard discussed before.

Kyle Cheney@kyledcheney

It’s 2:55 a.m. (Jan 7, 2021) and I just figured out how Pence massaged the rules of the Electoral College counting session to avoid introducing the “rival” slates of Trump electors. These are the instructions VPs have given out at the start in each of the last 5. Note the difference? …
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1347089605691125760/photo/1

Mike Pence Script Change Seems To Address Fake Trump Elector Scheme

Rachel Maddow compares the boilerplate language past vice presidents have used in announcing the counting of the electoral college votes, and the additional language about the Senate parliamentarian Mike Pence added, suggesting he knew about the fake Trump elector slates.

Trump spent weeks pressuring Pence to single-handedly overturn the 2020 election during the Jan. 6 joint session of Congress. Pence, as vice president, was constitutionally required to preside over the session and the counting of Electoral College votes. Typically, the vice president’s role is ceremonial, but Trump embraced a fringe legal theory claiming that Pence had sweeping power to reject Joe Biden’s electors and send the election back to the states.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell looks Donald Trump’s growing legal concerns from a Georgia investigation and the January 6 Select Committee asking for the voluntary testimony of Ivanka Trump, and describes how Donald Trump will spend his post-presidency as a defendant in multiple criminal investigations.

TYT gets boring to me. The argument for being more centrist has been going on in the Democratic party for decades. TYT tries to make a controversy out of everything.

Attacking the messenger but unable to attack the message put forward doesn’t work.

Unless the messenger is the author of the message. And you are!

In this case, the message is just bogus and it’s author who needs correcting.

The middle sentence of mine is the most relevant. I respond to what you posted, and what TYT said. You post TYT a lot. I used to listen to them, but now I don’t. I’m tellng you why I don’t

Jump off the fence. Do you agree with the WP that the Democrats have done too much for its voters?

That argument is based on a false premise. The Democratic party has tried to do what was necessary to avoid having poor people ending up sleeping on the streets, due to effects of the Covid pandemic. The Nation was in a state of emergency and poor working class needed help. (50 million children lifted out of poverty during their formative years)

We can also ask if the Republican party has given too many Tax cuts for their wealthy voters. And that argument is valid because rich people do not need tax cuts.

Poor WORKING people do! They are the first to suffer when the nation is in crisis even if they pay payroll taxes.

We all noticed that the Dems haven’t reversed Trumps tax cuts. You obviously have not.

Cenk summed it up quite succinctly in terms of asking what the Dems have accomplished.

Child tax credits?
15 dollar Min wage?
Voting rights?
Paid family leave?
Lowering during prices ?
Action on climate change?

Fail x 6

The Dems haven’t been able to do much because Moscow Mitch and other Repugs have blocked almost everything the Dems want to do. Currently, Moscow Mitch and his buddies plan on blocking President Biden’s Supreme Court appointee. They want to tie it up until after a Repug become president, then they will allow an appointment to go through.

The thing is, watching this stuff from the other side of the pond, you probably don’t get a good picture of what is happening, has happened, or even a picture of how U.S. politics is handled. The Dems have tried to do a lot for U.S. citizens, but the Repugs try to block things the Dems try to put through, especially if it doesn’t help their rich supporters. The Repugs do the bidding of their rich supporters, so that they can continue to get the money. For example, there is a Representative in Missouri, who accepts Big Tobacco money for his campaigns and support. If he doesn’t do their bidding or only pass things that will support his backers, he loses all that money and possibly the next race. That’s all behind the scenes, but that’s how corrupt U.S. politics is.

The Repugs block these things because it doesn’t support their Capitalist supporters. These things support the common people and cause the greed of Big business not to be fed.

Clean up your own house. Biden pelosi schumer Harris and the other elitists let Manchin and Sinema destroy these progressive policies.

Mind your own house, as we mind our own. I’m sure you have some clean up to do too, whether you admit it or not.

I’m not on a fence. If you paid attention to my other posts, you’d know I think there is way more we should be doing for each other. But I don’t post every thought in every post. You could ask nice.

Ah, a complete upside down reversal now!

The “elitist” Biden is proposing all kinds of program designed to lift people out of poverty and the “common millionaires” Manchin and Sinema together with the entire Republican Cosa Nostra are destroying all these progressive policies. And therefore Biden is to blame?

Yes, let’s replace the “elitist” Biden who used to take the train to Congress everyday of his public service with the beneficent robber baron billionaire Trump who used to take Airforce One for a 25 mile trip and has avoided paying taxes for years and gave himself a nice tax cut along with his Capitalist buddies as the very first Executive Order when he became President.

How did manage to twist your mind into a pretzel on that one? … image

All you had to say is you agree with what Cenk was saying here. But you couldnt even do that.

Yep Biden and the other corrupt corporate Democrats are to blame. Feckless cowards