Profile of a Traitor - Senator Devin Nunes turned Russian Obligate

There’s no logical argument that will stop her from doing that.
When has that ever stopped me from trying. ;-)

Besides, hopeless is such an ugly thought.

Besides, nothing else interesting going on around here right now, where are the voices?

"missinggirl, CC refers to this Full Text of the Mueller Report's Executive Summaries - Lawfare

I don’t need to be an expert on Russian espionage to form an opinion."

Really - which post that? Why are you deflecting discussion from the national intelligence council report?

Missy obfuscation only confuses everyone. If you have a question, ask a question, not a stupid riddle.

Here’s a little reminder of roughly what this thread is about, the treasonous behavior of California Congressman and Trump
defensive end Devin Nunes (yes bad screw up with the title, but the same Devin Nunes jerk, just not as powerful as he would be as senator. Perish the thought.):

Devin Nunes Busted by House Intelligence Committee Phone Records By Jonathan Chait - DEC. 4, 2019

Yesterday, Devin Nunes, the comically litigious congressional Republican who has orchestrated President Trump’s defenses in the Russia and Ukraine scandals, filed another lawsuit — this time against CNN, for reporting Lev Parnas’s allegations that Nunes had met with a Ukrainian oligarch. “CNN was well-aware that Parnas was a renowned liar, a fraudster, a hustler,” charges Nunes. Parnas is so dishonest and disreputable, argues Nunes, that CNN was irresponsible even to publish his allegations.

In a highly inconvenient coincidence of timing, within hours of Nunes’s lawsuit, the House Intelligence Committee published a report on the scandal that included new phone records. These records show that Nunes and Parnas have spoken on the phone several times. … (It gets fairly interesting, er disgusting might be putting it more accurately.)

Devin Nunes’ Ukraine lies are a betrayal. Voters in his district deserve better

https:// www. sacbee . com/opinion/editorials/article239465588. html

BY THE SACRAMENTO BEE EDITORIAL BOARD
JANUARY 20, 2020 02:11 PM,UPDATED JANUARY 21, 2020

(I leave you to read the intro) … For months, Nunes has acted as Trump’s attack dog, defending the president from accusations that he pressured Ukraine to investigate Biden. Nunes sat in House Intelligence Committee meetings and derided the impeachment proceedings against Trump as a “hoax.” Yet he was sitting on a ticking time bomb the entire time. The newly-released texts prove that Nunes’ staff also engaged in secret efforts to damage Biden.

Nunes knew the Ukraine allegations were true because his office was involved in the same plot. But he used his position in Congress as a platform to spread lies and mislead the public. During an interview with Fox News last year, Nunes denied any memory of a phone conversation with Parnas. Now that evidence has proven that Parnas spoke the truth, Nunes has backtracked. During a Fox News appearance on Friday, he admitted to a call with Parnas but sought to downplay its significance.

OPINION
“I remember that call, which was very odd, random, talking about random things,” Nunes told Fox. “And I said, ‘Great, you know, just talk to my staff,’ and boom, boom, boom. Which is normal, standard operating procedure.”

Oh, really? Nunes hasn’t held a townhall with his constituents in years, yet he expects people to believe his conversation with a now-indicted Ukrainian-American operative was completely normal? We doubt any regular constituent from Nunes’ district would have much luck getting the congressman on the phone. Yet some “random” businessman with Ukraine connections had no trouble reaching Nunes on his cell.

We don’t know exactly what Nunes and Parnas discussed, but Parnas’ texts with Nunes’ aide reveal an incisive focus on using Ukrainian connections to find dirt on Biden. President Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine for a Biden investigation – and Trump’s apparent decision to withhold military aid from Ukraine until its leaders agreed to his demand – sparked his impeachment. …

I don’t need to be an expert on Russian espionage to form an opinion.”

Really – which post that? Why are you deflecting discussion from the national intelligence council report? – missing girl

You asked CC this:

Yes Cc could you please be constructive and educational on what you mean by russian inteference
but he had already referred to the Mueller report, that is, he had already answered this. If you were more engaging and providing more thorough and thoughtful responses then I might discuss in more detail my thoughts on what "russian interference" means to me. But you aren't, you jump from challenge to challenge. You deflect, then accuse people of deflecting.

Does that help you understand my statement about not needing to be an expert?

the treasonous behavior of California Congressman and Trump defensive end Devin Nunes
And back to my comment. So what. What actual consequence was there to his behavior? Yes it's nice all the high falutin' rhetoric about "saving democracy" etc. but look at how corrupt Trump and his ilk were. What was the end result? Michael Cohen was in jail a little bit. Big whoop, they got the messenger. I've lost a lot of faith in this system.
I’ve lost a lot of faith in this system. -- Cuthbertj
A lot of people have and that helped build the base that brought in Trump. 2020 though, showed us what happens when people who were never even part of the system finally get to vote. The argument in my circle though, is that we are still voting for a corrupt 2 party system. Watching the Dems hesitate on ending the filibuster does leave me a bit cynical, but it's what we got. I can't solve the problem that rich and powerful people make laws for rich and powerful people.

The good news, 2022 Senate seats include Florida, Iowa, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. No coincidence that we’ve made progress in getting the gerrymandering adjusted in them.

I guess for me the worst was faith in the country as a whole. USA is supposed to be this bastion of the rule of law, and constitutional democracy. Chris Hayes actually made a good statement the other day. He was opining on how some pundits have said “see Democracy works, the Rule of Law won!” And his reply was, well I guess so, but in most cases it was just a single judge making a decision, i.e. it hinged on one little thing that could easily have gone the other way.

So it was nice to see Chris agree with me for once :slight_smile: But the point is, if it boils down to individuals accidentally doing the right thing, well that ain’t much. And certainly not enough to proclaim from the mountain top how great USA is.

@cuttberth. And back to my comment. So what. What actual consequence was there to his behavior? Yes it’s nice all the high falutin’ rhetoric about “saving democracy” etc. but look at how corrupt Trump and his ilk were. What was the end result? Michael Cohen was in jail a little bit. Big whoop, they got the messenger. I’ve lost a lot of faith in this system.
No arguing with most of that.

“high faulting rhetoric about saving democracy” - Yeah sure, but think about it, where are we, if we don’t even hold such unachievable goals as worth holding up?

But I agree, when I actually listen to politicians and their ads, it’s sickening, demoralizing, Disneyland thinking. Then I think of the alternative, people suddenly becoming truly aware of what we’ve done to this Earth over the past fifty and our future. If everyone were on the same side, then it wouldn’t be so bad, but now days seems like . . . (never mind ; )

You ask why make a big deal out of Rep. Nunes, it’s because his record and level of dishonest self-serving betrayals to his oath - ought to be known and understood, in order to counter that juggernaut. Yes, he’s just one, there’s plenty others, Lindsey, McConnelly, Gingrich, Jordan, Boebert, and many more. All deserving a bit more lime light shown on them, their behavior, tactics, accomplishments and consequences. Why not study their ruthless pursuit of power and treasure at the cost of the citizens who elected them and our lives in general.

Ah, if only I could get paid for it and be able to focus all my time on it, I’d offer up a profile based on the record of everyone of them. Distill what lessons I can and share with other students of political deception and activists.

Why? Why not? Call it therapy if you like. Hope is a survival strategy in hopeless times.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/politics/donald-trump-devin-nunes/index.html
December 7, 2021

So, Nunes getting reelected – particularly with his profile as one of Trump’s closest allies – was no sure thing. But, given the congressman’s name ID and massive fundraising ability, he would likely have started as the frontrunner in a 2022 race.

Which means that Nunes chose being the CEO of the latest Trump business – which, not for nothing, is already drawing some not-great press – over helming one of the two or three most influential committees in Congress.

And that tells you everything about how the center of power and influence within the Republican Party has dramatically shifted in the Trump years.

Nunes is far from the only example, of course. Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, another Trump ally, was rumored to be courting a job with one of several conservative media outlets as an off-ramp from Congress. South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy retired from Congress in 2018 and now has his own weekend show on Fox News Channel.

Fast forward.

Bevan Hurley

Donald Trump’s new social media platform was meant to be a bulwark against the tyranny of Big Tech censorship.

But Truth Social already appears to be banning accounts that get under the skin of the social media company’s CEO, former Congressman Devin Nunes. Ain’t that America, little pink houses for you and me.
:wink: