Primary Voting by party

Let’s say someone leans Blue in an overwhelmingly Red district. Would it be wrong to switch parties to try and get a more moderate Red on the ballot?
Especially if there were more than just one office up for grabs on the ballot

… I’m asking for a friend.
:wink:

Why would it be wrong? Just do it.

I don’t see anything morally wrong with it. People vote for a variety of reasons, usually the lesser of two evils. As a strategy, seems like it would be hard to actually influence an election.

I don’t know. I’ve always voted Blue in a predominantly Red district/state. Except for parts of KC and St. Louis, Missouri is predominantly red, yet I’ve always voted blue, even went door to door and made phone calls for Obama, not once, but twice. It wasn’t bad, unless I ran into a racist or a xenophobe.

It’s a strategy move. In our district we have voters who’ve switched affiliation to be able to vote for Boebert’s (yeah, that congressional district) Republican opponent in the upcoming primary. It’s a nice gesture but won’t change anything.

Tell anybody willing to listen that the Republican party is intent on taking the government by illegal means and any vote for a Republican candidate is a vote for civil war.

The Republicans are accusing all decent people of cheating and criminal behavior.
It’s time to call the Republicans out for their support of insurrection and criminal behavior.

In this election a positive message is wasted. This must be a verbal war before it turns into a physical war. No more attempts at cooperation.

This election is of existential importance and Constitutionally, the law is on the Democrat side. Enforce it!

During the primary, in Missouri at least, we have to tell them which ticket we want- Democrat or Republican. I’ve always said Democrat without shame, but in this area I’ve moved to, I’ve gotten dirty looks for it, but I’m not changing anything. I’m still voting Democrat, like I’ve always have or I’m going Bernie Sanders (or whoever leaning his direction- AOC for all I care), but not Repug.

We were at a friend’s house and when my wife declared she was a Democrat she was accused by another woman of being the antichrist. This is the current state of the Republican mindset. This is no longer amusing.

No, it’s not amusing at all. They’ve made politics religious, which is against the First Amendment. If I’m the antiChrist, then all I have to say is, “GOOD!” and my number is 666, thank you.