Pope Demotes Outspoken Conservative Cardinal Raymond Burke

It gets interestinger and interestinger at the Vatican these days.
I don’t concern myself with Catholicism much,
but gotta admit I like that Pope Francis more all the time.
Let’s hope he has a long and healthy life, there’s so much more work for him to do.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/11/09/3590638/pope-francis-demotes-prominent-conservative-cardinal/ BY JACK JENKINS - NOVEMBER 9, 2014 Pope Francis has officially demoted Cardinal Raymond Burke, a prominent American Cardinal who has been highly critical of the pontiff’s increasingly progressive tone when discussing issues such as homosexuality and abortion. Burke, who made waves in 2004 for saying that voting for a pro-choice candidate is “a serious sin," has been an unusually outspoken detractor of Pope Francis since he ascended to the papacy in 2013. When the pontiff declared last year that the Catholic church was too “obsessed" with culture war issues such as abortion, for instance, Burke responded by saying that the church “can never talk enough" about the “massacre of the unborn." ... But on Saturday, the Vatican announced that Burke, who was elevated to Cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI, has been removed from his influential position as head of the Apostolic Signatura — the Vatican’s highest court — and reassigned to a largely ceremonial role as the Patron of the Order of the Knights of Malta. ...
It gets interestinger and interestinger at the Vatican these days. I don't concern myself with Catholicism much, but gotta admit I like that Pope Francis more all the time. Let's hope he has a long and healthy life, there's so much more work for him to do.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/11/09/3590638/pope-francis-demotes-prominent-conservative-cardinal/ BY JACK JENKINS - NOVEMBER 9, 2014 Pope Francis has officially demoted Cardinal Raymond Burke, a prominent American Cardinal who has been highly critical of the pontiff’s increasingly progressive tone when discussing issues such as homosexuality and abortion. Burke, who made waves in 2004 for saying that voting for a pro-choice candidate is “a serious sin," has been an unusually outspoken detractor of Pope Francis since he ascended to the papacy in 2013. When the pontiff declared last year that the Catholic church was too “obsessed" with culture war issues such as abortion, for instance, Burke responded by saying that the church “can never talk enough" about the “massacre of the unborn." ... But on Saturday, the Vatican announced that Burke, who was elevated to Cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI, has been removed from his influential position as head of the Apostolic Signatura — the Vatican’s highest court — and reassigned to a largely ceremonial role as the Patron of the Order of the Knights of Malta. ...
Yes, that's another point in Pope Francis's favor. Let's hope he doesn't get knocked off as some say John Paul I was. I can't help noticing that Francis has not seen fit to removed Cardinal Mahoney who rose to Cardinal despite having been directly involved in the Los Angeles diocese molestation cover-up. Lois