Cardinal Raymond Burke blames ‘radical feminists’ for pedophile priests

I knew that somehow it all had to be the fault of women!

"In a recent interview with an apparently serious website called The New Emangelism: Drawing Men to Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church, Cardinal Raymond Burke (formerly of St. Louis) opined that, “the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalised.”
"This radical feminism has resulted in men being confused about their role in life, which has led to all kinds of disastrous things like a decrease in the number of altar boys alongside an increase in the number of priests who inappropriately touch them.
“There was a period of time when men who were feminised and confused about their own sexual identity had entered the priesthood,” said Burke, “Sadly some of these disordered men sexually abused minors; a terrible tragedy for which the Church mourns.”
Lifestyle | Daily Life | News | The Sydney Morning Herald

Some people claim that there’s a WO-man to blame (for priests abusing little boys?), but I know…
It’s the Catholic Church’s own damn fault.

Some people claim that there's a WO-man to blame (for priests abusing little boys?), but I know... It's the Catholic Church's own damn fault.
The church will never accept that. They need a scapegoat--preferably a female one. It's actually attributable to blind patriarchy, of which he church is a prime example. Lois
I knew that somehow it all had to be the fault of women! "In a recent interview with an apparently serious website called The New Emangelism: Drawing Men to Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church, Cardinal Raymond Burke (formerly of St. Louis) opined that, "the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalised." "This radical feminism has resulted in men being confused about their role in life, which has led to all kinds of disastrous things like a decrease in the number of altar boys alongside an increase in the number of priests who inappropriately touch them. "There was a period of time when men who were feminised and confused about their own sexual identity had entered the priesthood," said Burke, "Sadly some of these disordered men sexually abused minors; a terrible tragedy for which the Church mourns." http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/cardinal-raymond-burke-blames-8216radical-feminists8217-for-pedophile-priests-20150111-12lyng.html --
Just when I thought that PR at the Catholic Church was getting a grip on reality... Francis' garden has so very many nasty old weeds that need to be uprooted and discarded.

He’s right about some things. Feminist influence did damage the Catholic Church (and the Protestant), however the rot had already set in by that time - mostly by the church’s own doing.
Pedophaelia has long been a problem in the Catholic Church, but it’s seems plausible that the “feminization” of the chuch could have motivated some pedophiles to pursue the priesthood, who maybe wouldn’t have otherwise.

He's right about some things. Feminist influence did damage the Catholic Church (and the Protestant), however the rot had already set in by that time - mostly by the church's own doing. Pedophaelia has long been a problem in the Catholic Church, but it's seems plausible that the "feminization" of the chuch could have motivated some pedophiles to pursue the priesthood, who maybe wouldn't have otherwise.
The Catholic Church has always been a magnet for pedophiles. It has been a very safe and convenient place for them--a closed system run by and for males, plus the convenience and cover of sanctity. Lois

I think that such and other abuses were probably just as rampant within the Catholic clergy, long before women gained some ground toward no longer being in their “proper place” (as some still believe a woman’s “proper place” is).

Some people claim that there's a WO-man to blame (for priests abusing little boys?), but I know... It's the Catholic Church's own damn fault.
The church will never accept that. They need a scapegoat--preferably a female one. It's actually attributable to blind patriarchy, of which he church is a prime example. Lois Doesn't this all go back to Eve anyway? I mean, if all other excuses against women fail, you can default to Eve. We are all "stained" with original sin thanks to HER.
The church will never accept that. They need a scapegoat--preferably a female one. It's actually attributable to blind patriarchy, of which he church is a prime example. Lois Doesn't this all go back to Eve anyway? I mean, if all other excuses against women fail, you can default to Eve. We are all "stained" with original sin thanks to HER. Religious doctrines developed, in great part, and are sustained, by their particular success at social control. The superstitious stuff about souls, deities, life after death, particular delineations of sin, etc., is not about truth or reality. It's mostly about control. So, yeah, part of the motivation of those who put the Bible together, was probably about, keeping women in their place. And the religious leaders are still at it.