Okay, so what if American's just elected a bona fide Russian pawn and obligate? - The Dworkin Report

The Republican leadership knew about all this !
And they didn’t care.
And what about America’s once proud 4th estate? This is important shit, but instead emails by a big weiner garnered the endless coverage.
It’s amazing the self-proclaimed “principles, ethics” the so-called patriotic Republicans will abandon when power and profit is at stake.
You damned well bet the fix was in this election and it certainly was rigged.
That is something to protest.
Will Americans care?
Will the Democratic leadership for once show a little gumption and fight for America and what’s right?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Trump’s Ties to Russia Uncovered in “The Dworkin Report," Submitted to White House and Democratic Leadership http://www.keepamericagreat.us/thedworkinreport Washington, D.C. - November 10, 2016 - The Democratic Coalition released President-elect Trump’s known ties to Russia in a report titled “The Dworkin Report," sent to President Obama, Vice President Biden, Senator Harry Reid, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Senator Patrick Leahy, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and Congressman Keith Ellison on Thursday evening. The Dworkin Report, which can be found here, lays out 10 key pieces of evidence which provide a clear link between the President-elect and Russia, despite claims made by the FBI that there was no such connection to be found. The report is also clear to state that this is not a comprehensive list of the ties that the President-elect has to the country. “The FBI missed at least 10 key connections between President-elect Trump and Russia when they conducted their investigation and concluded that our President-elect had no links to the country," said Scott Dworkin, Senior Advisor to the Coalition and author of the report. “It is imperative that the American people be made aware of this information." Press Contact: Francesca Lucia | National Finance Director Democratic Coalition (914) 618-0446 | francesca@keepamericagreat.us
Seems my wage-slavery had me pretty much ignoring this story
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump Has the bureau investigated this material? DAVID CORNOCT. 31, 2016 On Friday, FBI Director James Comey set off a political blast when he informed congressional leaders that the bureau had stumbled across emails that might be pertinent to its completed inquiry into Hillary Clinton's handling of emails when she was secretary of state. The Clinton campaign and others criticized Comey for intervening in a presidential campaign by breaking with Justice Department tradition and revealing information about an investigation—information that was vague and perhaps ultimately irrelevant—so close to Election Day. On Sunday, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid upped the ante. He sent Comey a fiery letter saying the FBI chief may have broken the law and pointed to a potentially greater controversy: "In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government…The public has a right to know this information." Reid's missive set off a burst of speculation on Twitter and elsewhere. What was he referring to regarding the Republican presidential nominee? At the end of August, Reid had written to Comey and demanded an investigation of the "connections between the Russian government and Donald Trump's presidential campaign," and in that letter he indirectly referred to Carter Page, an American businessman cited by Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers, who had financial ties to Russia and had recently visited Moscow. Last month, Yahoo News reported that US intelligence officials were probing the links between Page and senior Russian officials. (Page has called accusations against him "garbage.") On Monday, NBC News reported that the FBI has mounted a preliminary inquiry into the foreign business ties of Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chief. But Reid's recent note hinted at more than the Page or Manafort affairs. And a former senior intelligence officer for a Western country who specialized in Russian counterintelligence tells Mother Jones that in recent months he provided the bureau with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him. ...
http://media.wix.com/ugd/61e09d_4e8b0455786d46b8bc0ae0126fffc6bc.pdf Exhibit Index: Exhibit 1 President-elect Trump on his travels to Moscow in 1987 (page 3) Exhibit 2 President-elect Trump commissioned a $40 million statue by a Russian artist (page 4) Exhibit 3 Trumps eye expansion into Russian market, according to Hotels Investment Outlook (page 5) Exhibit 4 Trump Vodka and the Russian market (page 6) Exhibit 5 Dr. Mikhail B. Piotrovsky, President-elect Trump and Vladimir Putin (page 8) Exhibit 6 Donald Trump, Jr. interview in Riga, Latvia speaking about the Russian market (page 10) Exhibit 7 President-elect Donald Trump discusses his relationship with Putin in an MSNBC interview with Thomas Roberts (page 11) Exhibit 8 Miss Universe 2013 in Moscow, Russia and the Crocus Group (page 12) Exhibit 9 President-elect Trump’s advisor at dinner with Putin in 2015 (page 13) Exhibit 10 249 business registered in Russia with Trump (Трамп) in the name (page 14)

While we’re on the subject, who’s running Trump’s business interests now that he’s barred from doing it himself? Maybe he’ll just ignore that requirement as he has ignored the tradition of showing his tax returns.

I see the American enthusiasm meter is clicking away as usual.
Here’s look’n at ya kid. :smirk:

Yesterday I sent an email to DNC's Donna Brazile, it was on their webpage and I didn't think to make a copy so I can't share that note which basically introduced her to my two previous posts and asked about the Dworkin Report. I received the following response this morning. It's message demands to be examined. I share the email I have sent her. I'm sharing it here because I'm really hoping maybe a few others will step up and do some letter writing and information sharing. The DNC thinks it can ride out every set back such as losing the majority of local and state leadership positions and losing the most important and winnable election of our time. What do you think. We The People get the government we deserve. What are you willing to do to help protect our way of governing against this coming Russian Obligate President? _____________________________________________________________ On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Donna Brazile donnalbrazile@icloud. wrote: Please take out all your frustration and anger with me. But, I am going to continue to do what anyone in my position would do: shut down the 2016 election cycle with dignity and grace. Obstacles were put in our way to see if what we want is worth fighting for. #NeverSurrender #Onward _____________________________________________________________ Donna Brazile, First thing you must do is understand, this isn't about taking out frustrations. This is about recognizing gross failures thus enabling you and the DNC to learn from them. No obstacles were put in our way! That's simply your way to justify repeating the same mistakes Democrats have been making in election after election (I’m still haunted by 2000’s totally unnecessary loss and its ultimate cost.). When are you going to stop being so causal about these profound failures that need to be fully recognized and learned from, because it’s obvious the current DNC does not grasp what’s happening out here in America. Now we've been forced into that unimaginable situation where the Alt-right has been handed our US government so they can really get into high gear dismantling important government agencies and various aspects of our way of life, that promises to only get uglier the more compliant you folks get. Ms. Brazile, your response to me and others is nothing but sweeping it under the rug. Democrats have a right to expect better from you or at least the DNC. It's about recognizing mistakes > and learning from them! It's about using your DNC mailing list to inform Americans and encourage them to take action and get involved because only a strong public engagement will temper the coming horrors of the Alt-right owned Trump Administration. Which brings me back to my Dworkin Report questions, which you so deftly ignored altogether in your response to me. This is about learning to take advantage of circumstance and information during the momentary windows of opportunity we are afforded. Now that Trump is poised to actually become US President don't American interests demand that we finally get a complete accounting of Trump's entanglements and obligations to hostile foreign governments such as Russian and China? Is the current DNC staff even capable of more than a boiler plate response? I say this because your note to me underscores why you folks need to leave and allow the DNC some fresh blood and energy from people who possess a realistic appreciation for what is going on in our country, which you folks obviously don’t have, but appear incapable of admitting to. Sincerely, Citizenschallenge To repeat: What about the Dworkin Report? What about expecting an American President not to have copious and undisclosed business entanglements with foreign governments considered our enemies? FBI Comey why did you help a Russian Obligate become US President? Dworkin Report http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/11/trump-russian-obligate-as-president.html Democratic National Committee's dereliction of duty http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com/2016/11/democratic-national-committee-rolls.html __________________________________________________________________________________ If this concerns you, please take the time to complain to the appropriate officials. http://my.democrats.org/page/s/contact-the-democrats Please submit all political and public policy—related questions and comments, as well as any technical issues or questions about Democrats.org here. You can also reach us via mail or phone. Mailing address: Democratic National Committee 430 South Capitol St. SE Washington, DC 20003 Main phone number: 202-863-8000 DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE DONNA BRAZILE http://donnabrazile.com/ HARRY REID http://democrats.senate.gov NANCY PELOSI http://www.democraticleader.gov PRESIDENT'S OFFICE http://www.whitehouse.gov ________________________________________ http://media.wix.com/ugd/61e09d_4e8b0455786d46b8bc0ae0126fffc6bc.pdf The Dworkin Report: Evidence Tying Donald Trump To Russia

Well I got called back to the salt mine tomorrow. Though I did manage a couple productive days (getting fired-up is good for productivity),
topped off by a fascinating personal phone call from Democratic National Committee’s Chairperson Donna Brazile.
It appears for all the deluge of communications she’s received in the past days, no one has taken the time to write a thoughtful constructive note to her.
Since I returned a couple of her emails pressing my case she became curious and wanted to find out about me.
I think perhaps she also wanted a mensch to talk to a little. Me and this 40 acres I need around me can’t even imagine what that bubble must be like.
I came away liking her and writing about it.
She may have been on the losing team, she may have made some mistakes (which you can bet she’s hurting over),
but she’s another person doing the best she could with what she had. It’s not like there isn’t plenty of blame for all of us to shoulder.
How many simply watched this election thinking others would do all the work for us?
Now, what we have here is a momentary perishable opportunity to put Trump’s back up against the wall and force him to take Democrats seriously -
otherwise they are going to walk all over us with ruthless glee.
Please, any Democrats out there, get informed, do something, help force this issue into the public consciousness.
It won’t matter much in another couple weeks, NOW is the time to act up and get vocal.

FBI Director Comey, the Dworkin Report, Hiding Trump’s Cozy Russian Relationships
Citizen's Challenge: FBI Comey why did you help a Russian Obligate become US President? Dworkin Report
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Democratic National Committee’s dereliction of duty, will they ever learn
Citizen's Challenge: Will the Democratic National Committee ever learn???
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Response to DNC’s Donna Brazile, Dworkin Report
Citizen's Challenge: Responding to DNC's Donna Brazile: What about the Dworkin Report?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Phone conversation with DNC’s Donna Brazile - Dworkin Report
Citizen's Challenge: Phone conversation with DNC's Donna Brazile - Dworkin Report

“They” being the Alt-right that we Democrats and those wonderful third party dreamers handed our government over to.
Well okay Republican dirty tricks like voter suppression, gerrymandering among others helped an awful lot too.
But we know about that crap - meaning we need to do better, or grow the cohones to stop such Republican tactics.

CC, I would like to congratulate and thank you for the work you have done this election. It will make future winning that much sweeter for you. Trump’s re-balancing of the political system will need to be watched. What one does not want to think about is, what if something happen to Trump. Then Mike Pence would be president. A president who believes in creation and not evolution. Damn.

Seems an update is long over due.

It All Began With Russia: Donald Trump’s 4 Great Betrayals of the Nation The scandal set the stage for the horrors that followed.

DAVID CORN - JANUARY 19, 2021

Donald Trump has betrayed the United States at least four times. He downplayed and failed to adequately respond to a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and wreaked economic havoc for tens of millions. He mounted an extensive disinformation campaign to subvert the 2020 election, seeking to weaken American democracy and overturn the legitimate results. He did nothing while murderous insurrectionists attacked the US Capitol—he reportedly watched the assault with excitement—and prevented the orderly and peaceful transition of power. But his first great betrayal—the one that made the others possible—was Russia.

To the dying days of his presidency, Trump has insisted Russiagate was all a hoax. And in a cult-like fashion, the Republican Party has loudly and fervently echoed his denials and phony counter-accusations. When Trump, in one of his last acts as president, awarded Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Trump’s pit-bull defender, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the White House cited Jordan’s effort to “unmask the Russia hoax.” But the facts are quite clear—this was no hoax—and they are worth reviewing and remembering, as the first president who helped a foreign power attack the United States leaves office.

“This is what collusion with Russia looks like": Feds say Manafort pal gave campaign info to spies New Russia sanctions reveal a direct line between Trump’s campaign chief and Russian intelligence agencies By IGOR DERYSH APRIL 15, 2021

“Manafort’s presence on the campaign and proximity to Trump created opportunities for the Russian intelligence services to exert influence over, and acquire confidential information on, the Trump Campaign,” the report said. “The Committee assesses that Kilimnik likely served as a channel to Manafort for Russian intelligence services, and that those services likely sought to exploit Manafort’s access to gain insight [into] the Campaign.”

“Russia’s role in Trump’s 2016 victory has been a controversial subject for years and its effect is difficult to quantify, as with former FBI Director James Comey’s last-minute announcements first reopening and then closing the investigation into Clinton’s email server. Research looking at whether Russia’s online efforts to suppress the Black vote and stoke Democratic divisions suggests they were not very effective. But the Treasury Department sanctions underscore the Mueller investigation and Senate probe’s findings that Russia tried to help Trump win.”

Hopefully there will be more interesting reports released and indictments handed down, around the corner, offering yet more details.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/biden-russia-sanctions-e9e8d769-e1b8-4aff-8bae-0928b3ee75e7.html

https://www.axios.com/russia-sanctions-solarwinds-cyber-39561a8d-76c0-46ec-9047-6309153d1382.html

What does John suggest? We continue rolling over for Putin/Russia the way Trump and his thugs did, (all for profit and power)???

I suggest you dont start a war that you will regret

Odd how Putin challenges Biden to have a live debate after Biden agrees with George Stephanopoulos (who was leading him on) that Putin is a “killer” - and the US government tells Moscow that Biden is “too busy”.

Now just four weeks later Biden proposes a summit with Putin to discuss apparent Russian bad behaviour that impedes or prevents the US from pursuing its goals and self-interest around the world.

No wonder Moscow doesn’t want to have anything to do with the White House: the Biden government has no memory of what it said or did a month ago and shows no self-awareness or self-knowledge, much less any understanding of how to treat other nations with respect.

No surprise really

@johncitizne1, what is different about a debate, versus a summit?

@johncitizen1, what is different about a debate, versus a summit?
Now we wait to see if @johncitizen1 is capable of responding to that question with something constructive?

I am assuming he understands it, it’s pretty straightforward.

As they say, I’m guardedly optimistic

fyi

Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Call with President Vladimir Putin of Russia

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/13/readout-of-president-joseph-r-biden-jr-call-with-president-vladimir-putin-of-russia-4-13/

APRIL 13, 2021
President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. spoke today with President Vladimir Putin of Russia.

They discussed a number of regional and global issues, including the intent of the United States and Russia to pursue a strategic stability dialogue on a range of arms control and emerging security issues, building on the extension of the New START Treaty.

President Biden also made clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to Russia’s actions, such as cyber intrusions and election interference.

President Biden emphasized the United States’ unwavering commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

The President voiced our concerns over the sudden Russian military build-up in occupied Crimea and on Ukraine’s borders, and called on Russia to de-escalate tensions.

President Biden reaffirmed his goal of building a stable and predictable relationship with Russia consistent with U.S. interests, and proposed a summit meeting in a third country in the coming months to discuss the full range of issues facing the United States and Russia.

the US is desperate for normalization with Russia, but Democrats need to defuse their own Russiagate mines first (concocted to stonewall Trump’s initiatives), as well as to refute the inevitable Republican blowback (even though those are mostly standard CFR-designed "good cop/bad cop theatrics) for being “weak on Russia”.
All of these latest seemingly contradictory and nonsensical events are mere clean-up work, burning the piles of anti-Russian garbage that got accumulated since 2014. You dispose of it, bit by bit, by assigning punishment, then move along to rapproachment. Putin will let Americans go through these formalities without making much fuss, I believe.
The only reason that “foreign policy specialist” Biden got ushered into the White House is to fix Russia file. That’s all there is to it. One must be a tough Cold War veteran with impeccable Russophobic credentials to do it, that’s how US foreign policy works. The reason Trump was not allowed to do that is simply because he was to open and eager about it, which was seen as damaging the US negotiating position.
So what happens now? Biden is too old and too frail to proceed at leisurely pace, so the summit will take place pretty quickly, probably no later than the first week of June, and subsequent meetings will be scheduled at pretty short intervals. Since America gets weaker with the passage of time, and Russia stronger, it’s in the US interest to strike grand bargain as quickly as possible, since procrastination steadily changes balance of power in Moscow’s favor.

A trumpster, lordie, lordie. What was trump’s grand initiative?

I don’t have the time to try to convince someone who seems to idolize a well known narcissist thug, criminal and traitor to his nation, but I will share what some others have written:

Trump's act of treason

Those who termed President Donald Trump’s behavior last week shameful are right — but to stop there understates the seriousness of what happened (“Trump’s treason, confirmed,” July 20). The U.S. Constitution in Article III Section 3 states in part, “Treason against the United States, shall consist … in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same Act …”. The American Heritage Dictionary further defines treason as “the betrayal of one’s own country … by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.”
The U.S.'s top intelligence advisers have concluded that the Russian dictatorship is our enemy and even Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan has said that Russia is “not our ally” and “remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals.”

Trump’s tyranny is the moral equivalent of treason | Editorial

SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
NOV 20, 2020

Our nation, the world’s oldest democracy, stands at the doorway of a dictatorship that seemed unimaginable before Donald J. Trump attained the presidency.
In his desperation to retain the office he fairly won four years ago and fairly lost on November 3, Trump has bared the mind and menace of a tyrant. There is no better word for his conduct although the word “traitor” also comes to mind.

Since the Constitution narrowly defines treason as “levying war” against the United States or in “adhering to their enemies,” Trump’s machinations might not qualify as that crime, which is punishable by death.
But they are in every sense the moral equivalent. He swore to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution” that he is now obsessed with subverting. …