NFL AND Nascar turn their backs on trump

The divider-in-chief is at it again, claiming that NFL players refusing to stand during the national anthem in protest of the murder of black Americans by police should be fired. Last year at most a few dozen NFL players kneeled during the anthem, now 300 followed suit to show their defiance to a man that represents none of the values of the US Constitution and the nation. In fact he’s most likely a traitor to the Constitution and nation.
trump doubled down by claiming nothing like this would happen with Nascar trying to rally the racist base he assumes is there. Dale Earnhardt Jr. one of the most popular and iconic racers with Nascar made it clear where he stands when it comes to a tyrant trying to tell Americans what they can and can’t do.

Renowned NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. declared his support for peaceful protesters in a tweet Monday hours after an unprecedented show of solidarity among NFL players who knelt and linked arms in response to President Trump's criticism of national anthem protests. Earnhardt's tweet, which garnered more than 123,000 likes, was a quote from former President John F. Kennedy about the dangers of limiting peaceful protests. "All Americans R granted rights 2 peaceful protests," Earnhardt tweeted Monday morning. Quoting Kennedy, he wrote: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
Many. many Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice to make sure the kind of world that trump wants doesn't drown us all in its intolerance and hatred. That's all trump is and that's all trump will ever be, an ugly bag of hatred.

I ain’t much into Nascar (go figure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) but long ago, my kid was and he singled out Dale Earnhardt Jr. to be his racing driver hero.
It’s cool to think he had such discerning tastes.
Three Cheers for Dale !

Give him a “call” sometime.:slight_smile:

He’s more of a real American than ole, golden shower boy will ever be. I can’t wait until trump “retires” to Moscow in utter disgrace.

Give him a "call" sometime.:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzxkH5Y0LIM He's more of a real American than ole, golden shower boy will ever be. I can't wait until trump "retires" to Moscow in utter disgrace.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Who comes up with this stuff? :lol: I'm wiping tears off my checks. Thanks I needed that.

There’s a whole bunch of commercials with Dale Jr. he’s a sub-culture onto himself.

The most popular sport in America isn’t football, baseball or basketball it’s Nascar it’s like a religion for many people. And the Earnhardts are a huge part of that.
trump may have thought he was appealing to his racist base by trying to play Nascar with mostly white drivers off against the NFL which has many minorities, but Dale Jr. just showed trump that he and the sport itself are far more sophisticated than trump himself.
trump doesn’t see people as thinking feeling individuals who have their own opinions, rights and interests. Like any full blown psychopath trump sees other people as purely pieces on a board to be moved around for his purpose.
Dale Jr. just told him to go screw himself in a really polite, thoughtful and American way.
Makes me proud, America will never be taken over by the lunatic fringe because there are too many people like Dale Jr. in every walk of American life.

There's a whole bunch of commercials with Dale Jr. he's a sub-culture onto himself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fik7zskiWM The most popular sport in America isn't football, baseball or basketball it's Nascar it's like a religion for many people. And the Earnhardts are a huge part of that. trump may have thought he was appealing to his racist base by trying to play Nascar with mostly white drivers off against the NFL which has many minorities, but Dale Jr. just showed trump that he and the sport itself are far more sophisticated than trump himself. trump doesn't see people as thinking feeling individuals who have their own opinions, rights and interests. Like any full blown psychopath trump sees other people as purely pieces on a board to be moved around for his purpose. Dale Jr. just told him to go screw himself in a really polite, thoughtful and American way. Makes me proud, America will never be taken over by the lunatic fringe because there are too many people like Dale Jr. in every walk of American life.
I don't know about all that..... Nascar - like country music - has a very patriotic, veteran-heavy fan base that is angry over the NFL's behavior. These people care far more about their own families' and friends' honor than they do about Earnhardt. I wouldn't expect them to be swayed much by his comments. After all, remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks.

pretty sure they don’t have nascar in russia…