...in the land of Trump. Debate come and gone. Now we wait for the 3AM tweets.

Are all the cool people past gnashing their collective teeth over Trump?
Man, ya know, the show is getting wild.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/rnc-halts-all-victory-project-work-for-trump-229363 In an email from the RNC to a victory program mail vendor, with the subject line
“Hold on all projects," the committee asked the vendor to “put a hold" on mail production. “Please put a hold/stop on all mail projects right now. If something is in production or print it needs to stop. Will update you when to proceed," Lauren Toomey, a staffer in the RNC’s political department, wrote in an email that was obtained by POLITICO.
The email was sent to at least one RNC victory program vendor. Rick Wiley, a top RNC official, was cc’d on the email.
Republicans Call For Donald Trump To Drop Out; Trump Says He Won't Quit NPR - October 8, 2016 http://www.npr.org/2016/10/08/497181974/republicans-call-for-donald-trump-to-drop-out-trump-says-he-wont-quit Sen. John Thune (R-SD), a member of the GOP's leadership, tweeted that Trump should drop out immediately. For elected Republicans, it is rapidly becoming clear that merely rejecting Trump's remarks isn't enough. Every one of them can expect to be asked whether they are withdrawing their endorsements and whether they will even vote for their party's nominee. Republicans Calling For Trump To Step Aside Sen. John Thune (South Dakota): Third highest ranking Republican in the Senate Sen. Mark Kirk (Illinois): Has run campaign ads distancing himself from Trump. Sen. Ben Sasse (Nebraska): Prominent "Never Trumper" Sen. Mike Crapo (Idaho): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (West Virginia): She said the "appropriate next step may be for him to reexamine his candidacy." Sen. Dan Sullivan (Alaska): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Cory Gardner (Colorado): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Jeff Flake (Arizona): Did not endorse Trump previously Rep. Martha Roby (Alabama) Rep. Bradley Byrne (Alabama): Previous Trump supporter Sen. Mike Lee (Utah): Did not endorse Trump previously Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah) Rep. Mia Love (Utah) Rep. Chris Stewart (Utah) Rep. Barbara Comstock (Virginia) Rep. Mike Coffman (Colorado) Rep. Charlie Dent (Pennsylvania): Previously said he is not voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in the general election Rep. Ann Wagner (Missouri) Rep. Rodney Davis (Illinois) Gov. Dennis Daugaard (South Dakota) Joe Heck, Republican Senate Candidate (Nevada): Running for Democratic Minority Leader Harry Reid's seat Carly Fiorina, former presidential candidate George Pataki, former New York governor Jon Huntsman, former Utah governor Hugh Hewitt, conservative radio talk show host, previous Trump backer

Here’s an interesting one. From the day before the big one dropped.

Donald Trump’s Slip in Polls Has G.O.P. Worried About Congress By JONATHAN MARTIN and ALEXANDER BURNSOCT. 5, 2016 http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html?_r=0 . . . For his party, Mr. Trump’s reversal in fortune comes at the worst possible moment: Having muted their criticism of Mr. Trump in hopes that he could at least run competitively through Election Day, Republicans must decide in the next few days, rather than weeks, whether to seek distance from his wobbly campaign. Should Mr. Trump falter badly in his second debate with Hillary Clinton on Sunday in St. Louis, Republican congressional candidates may take it as a cue to flee openly from their nominee, said two senior Republicans involved at high levels of the campaign who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss private party strategy. ...

Then there’s what might finally be the big one for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKiezp0ATY
Of course in the interest of fair and balance, Trump isn't the first one to use the P word. There's a certain charm to this little blast from the past.
Published on Mar 5, 2016 Gary Johnson explains why he called Donald Trump a "pussy." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FitCoZ0kGpE

Fine, I’ll carry on. :coolgrin:
Who’s going to be the first to do a Donald Trump Rose Bud]* skit?

Inside Trump Tower, an Increasingly Upset and Alone Donald Trump By MAGGIE HABERMANOCT. 9, 2016 http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/us/politics/trump-tower.html It has been his pride and his palace, a soaring black skyscraper overlooking Manhattan that seemed to match Donald J. Trump’s ambition and ostentatiousness. But Trump Tower, since Friday afternoon, has become a kind of lonely fortress for its most famous occupant, who holes up inside, increasingly isolated and upset, denounced almost every hour by another Republican official. Mr. Trump was asked to stay away from a party gathering Saturday afternoon in Wisconsin, where Speaker Paul D. Ryan and other state luminaries took the stage, a striking rebuke that left the Republican nominee for president with no place to go on a Saturday 31 days before the election. So he remained inside his enormous penthouse apartment on the 66th floor, and his corporate suite 40 stories below, for almost all of Friday and Saturday. ...
* plot point at 1:50 punch line at end of Citizen Kane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0O1BKu3zk plot point at about 1:55

Live fact checking, who’s getting their popcorn ready?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/oct/09/live-fact-checking-second-trump-clinton-presidenti/

Trump started off lying about the recently revealed video. “I didn’t say that.” The man is simply not capable of opening his mouth without lying.

One of my friends just uploaded this to youtube.
Super Callous Facist Racist Extra Braggadocious]
It’s about Trump, inspired by a Facebook meme.

One of my friends just uploaded this to youtube. Super Callous Facist Racist Extra Braggadocious] It's about Trump, inspired by a Facebook meme.
Ahhh. I love good word smithing. Good way to finish the evening. I'll admit I'm getting to dislike Clinton a little less with every debate. Nah, doubt I'll warm up to her. But I sure will vote for her. At least she's got sanity on her side.

My evangelical family has gone quiet on the subject, and I plan to let them, unless they do some Willie Horton thing. They defend Trump’s lies. If Trump said Mexicans are rapist, then followed it up with “some are good people”, then the “good people” was the central message. If he said “check out a sex tape”, but meant, -be aware that she made a sex tape- then he said what he meant, not the words he said. If he mocked a handicapped person, but he makes that jerking motion in other parts of the speech and in other speeches, then that’s just something he does. Never mind that it’s wrong that he mocks anyone like that, the problem is, “The Left” has singled him out for mocking the handicapped, but he did not single out the handicapped, he is an equal opportunity mocker.
I will be so glad when this is over. Even though we will still have 16 million people who are strong supporters of someone like him.
Edit: Spoke too soon. Picture of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton. Caption: I drowned a girl, I raped several, Good thing we didn’t talk dirty.

Are all the cool people past gnashing their collective teeth over Trump? Man, ya know, the show is getting wild.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/rnc-halts-all-victory-project-work-for-trump-229363 In an email from the RNC to a victory program mail vendor, with the subject line
“Hold on all projects," the committee asked the vendor to “put a hold" on mail production. “Please put a hold/stop on all mail projects right now. If something is in production or print it needs to stop. Will update you when to proceed," Lauren Toomey, a staffer in the RNC’s political department, wrote in an email that was obtained by POLITICO.
The email was sent to at least one RNC victory program vendor. Rick Wiley, a top RNC official, was cc’d on the email.
Republicans Call For Donald Trump To Drop Out; Trump Says He Won't Quit NPR - October 8, 2016 http://www.npr.org/2016/10/08/497181974/republicans-call-for-donald-trump-to-drop-out-trump-says-he-wont-quit Sen. John Thune (R-SD), a member of the GOP's leadership, tweeted that Trump should drop out immediately. For elected Republicans, it is rapidly becoming clear that merely rejecting Trump's remarks isn't enough. Every one of them can expect to be asked whether they are withdrawing their endorsements and whether they will even vote for their party's nominee. Republicans Calling For Trump To Step Aside Sen. John Thune (South Dakota): Third highest ranking Republican in the Senate Sen. Mark Kirk (Illinois): Has run campaign ads distancing himself from Trump. Sen. Ben Sasse (Nebraska): Prominent "Never Trumper" Sen. Mike Crapo (Idaho): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (West Virginia): She said the "appropriate next step may be for him to reexamine his candidacy." Sen. Dan Sullivan (Alaska): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Cory Gardner (Colorado): Rescinds previous endorsement Sen. Jeff Flake (Arizona): Did not endorse Trump previously Rep. Martha Roby (Alabama) Rep. Bradley Byrne (Alabama): Previous Trump supporter Sen. Mike Lee (Utah): Did not endorse Trump previously Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah) Rep. Mia Love (Utah) Rep. Chris Stewart (Utah) Rep. Barbara Comstock (Virginia) Rep. Mike Coffman (Colorado) Rep. Charlie Dent (Pennsylvania): Previously said he is not voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in the general election Rep. Ann Wagner (Missouri) Rep. Rodney Davis (Illinois) Gov. Dennis Daugaard (South Dakota) Joe Heck, Republican Senate Candidate (Nevada): Running for Democratic Minority Leader Harry Reid's seat Carly Fiorina, former presidential candidate George Pataki, former New York governor Jon Huntsman, former Utah governor Hugh Hewitt, conservative radio talk show host, previous Trump backer
Even more important to know are the idiots who are atill backing him.
My evangelical family has gone quiet on the subject, and I plan to let them, unless they do some Willie Horton thing. They defend Trump's lies. If Trump said Mexicans are rapist, then followed it up with "some are good people", then the "good people" was the central message. If he said "check out a sex tape", but meant, -be aware that she made a sex tape- then he said what he meant, not the words he said. If he mocked a handicapped person, but he makes that jerking motion in other parts of the speech and in other speeches, then that's just something he does. Never mind that it's wrong that he mocks anyone like that, the problem is, "The Left" has singled him out for mocking the handicapped, but he did not single out the handicapped, he is an equal opportunity mocker. I will be so glad when this is over. Even though we will still have 16 million people who are strong supporters of someone like him. Edit: Spoke too soon. Picture of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton. Caption: I drowned a girl, I raped several, Good thing we didn't talk dirty.
What if you were to ask them what they think of the fact that Trump has been married three times, that Marla Maples had his child out of wedlock and that he was in a relationship with his second and third wife-to-be while still married to the previous wife. What does it mean to be an Evangelical, anyway? Does it have any religious meaning at all or is it just a holier-than-thou phrase with no meaning whatsoever? There is apparently no meaning to "Evangelical." Or "Christian", for that matter. Lois
There is apparently no meaning to "Evangelical." Or "Christian", for that matter. Lois
Sure there is. It certainly means they are better than you or me. They are such superior humans they actually understand the mind of the God of time and creation, life and love. :roll: or so they tell me

Seth nailed it
- YouTube

Seth nailed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UkAjnx7x1g
Yes he did. Thanks for sharing it. I needed a few good laughs to start my day.

Guess, I hadn’t fully appreciated how absolutely totally without introspection or conscience Trump is.
Somewhere I keep thinking a shred of humanity would be putting pressure on the guy -
but nothing, he eats it up and sits it back.
He’s perfectly amoral, or is that sociopathic, and totally full of himself so that nothing else exists in his world.
I fear we ain’t near the bottom of this nightmare.

Politics Trump declares war on GOP, says ‘the shackles have been taken off’ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-declares-war-on-the-republican-party-four-weeks-before-election-day/2016/10/11/93b21dc4-8fc9-11e6-9c52-0b10449e33c4_story.html By Sean Sullivan, Robert Costa and Dan Balz October 11 at 8:26 PM Donald Trump declared war on the Republican establishment Tuesday, lashing out at House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.), Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and other GOP elected officials as his supporters geared up to join the fight amid extraordinary turmoil within the party just four weeks before Election Day. One day after Ryan announced he would no longer campaign on Trump’s behalf, the GOP nominee said as part of a barrage of tweets that the top-ranking Republican is “weak and ineffective" and is providing “zero support" for his candidacy. Trump also declared that “the shackles have been taken off" him, liberating him to “fight for America the way I want to." Trump called McCain “foul-mouthed" and accused him with no evidence of once begging for his support. ...
With the ‘shackles’ off, Trump takes aim at Paul Ryan - 10/11/16 http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-shackles-trump-takes-aim-paul-ryan By Steve Benen Donald Trump, as a presidential candidate, has made quite an impression on the public – some are more impressed than others – but apparently we’ve been watching a restrained version of Trump’s persona, which he no longer has any use for. “It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me," the Republican presidential nominee declared a couple of hours ago, “and I can now fight for America the way I want to." Yes, effective this morning, no more Mr. Nice Demagogue. Donald J. Trump will be “shackled" no more. He has a phone and a Twitter account, and he intends to put them to use like never before. ...

The interesting part is that if someone makes a statement in a court of law and this statement is corroborated by 6 witnesses, it is deemed legal fact.
Trump made the statement that he grabbed women by the crotch and that statement is corroborated and confirmed by 6 witnesses. Case closed!

Trump/Clinton Debate Three - October 19, 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-3-am-tweet-third-debate-230078 Donald Trump tweeted at 3 a.m. again. The Republican presidential nominee celebrated what he dubbed a debate victory at 3:14 a.m. Thursday. “Just landed in Ohio. Thank you America- I am honored to win the final debate for our MOVEMENT," Trump tweeted, citing unscientific polls like Drudge that showed the GOP nominee crushing Democrat Hillary Clinton. CNN’s poll showed that a majority of viewers said Clinton won. Days after the first presidential debate, when Clinton baited Trump by invoking former Miss Universe Alicia Machado, Trump blasted out verbal assaults aimed at Clinton, Machado and the media as early as 3:20 a.m. In one tweet, posted at 5:30 a.m. that morning, Trump suggested Clinton helped Machado become a citizen so she could bring her up in their debate — and invited supporters to check out an alleged “sex tape and past." As PolitiFact and Snopes have noted, there is no sex tape.

The thing about the people who will still vote for Trump is that all of the above is inconsequential. Who will vote for him?
• The Single Issue voters: People who are anti-abortion or members of the NRA who live in constant paranoia about having their phallic symbols (I’m sorry, I meant to say “arms”) taken away would vote for the Republican platform even if an Orangutan were heading the ticket.
• Uneducated white males
• Religious zealots who want to use their belief system to impose their will on others and to discriminate against fellow Americans they do not like
• The top 1%: They’re investing a lot of money to keep making more at the expense of the environment
• Ex-Bernie Sanders supporters who believe voting for the Green Party will make them feel better even though it trashes every Progressive initiative they allegedly support to put a Republican in the White House
• People who vote emotionally and hate Hillary
• Racists, bigots, paranoid delusionals, etc.
• Others who are incapable of critical thinking, thinking on their own, or just thinking in general.
[Note: a given Trump supporter may, and often will, fall into more than one of the above categories]
Trump’s history, demeanor and what he says (or grabs) is of no importance to any of the people who fall into the above categories. The hope is that critically thinking, somewhat educated people of average intelligence (or greater) outnumber them and will vote on November 8.
If not, I suppose America deserves what it gets.

The thing about the people who will still vote for Trump is that all of the above is inconsequential. Who will vote for him? • The Single Issue voters: People who are anti-abortion or members of the NRA who live in constant paranoia about having their phallic symbols (I'm sorry, I meant to say "arms") taken away would vote for the Republican platform even if an Orangutan were heading the ticket. • Uneducated white males • Religious zealots who want to use their belief system to impose their will on others and to discriminate against fellow Americans they do not like • The top 1%: They’re investing a lot of money to keep making more at the expense of the environment • Ex-Bernie Sanders supporters who believe voting for the Green Party will make them feel better even though it trashes every Progressive initiative they allegedly support to put a Republican in the White House • People who vote emotionally and hate Hillary • Racists, bigots, paranoid delusionals, etc. • Others who are incapable of critical thinking, thinking on their own, or just thinking in general. [Note: a given Trump supporter may, and often will, fall into more than one of the above categories] Trump’s history, demeanor and what he says (or grabs) is of no importance to any of the people who fall into the above categories. The hope is that critically thinking, somewhat educated people of average intelligence (or greater) outnumber them and will vote on November 8. If not, I suppose America deserves what it gets.
Well said!
Trump started off lying about the recently revealed video. "I didn't say that." The man is simply not capable of opening his mouth without lying.
I think Trump's first words were lies. He hasn't stopped since. Lois