Music anyone?

A short live snippet from a longer journey.

The original CD was Logos Live at the Dominion London '82 - available on YouTube as well (music, no video of concert) If you’ve got about 50 minutes, lend an ear. :ear:

I’ve seen them twice.
I could go back for thirds - if they ever come back to my neck of the woods.

2 Likes

RFLMAO! Hey, I grew up loving disco and I still love disco, but I also love Dance, Trance, Prance… Rave. I also love Native American music, R&B, Motown, Yacht Rock (not hard rock), soft rock, Easy Listening, techno…

Brutal? I thought it was the best of Trance and Native American put together. I just love Armin Van Buuren music. BTW, IMHO, Disco never died. It evolved.

You’re welcome, mrmhead. I have more where that came from. :smiley:

This one is slower. It’s also Native American, not that last one didn’t have some Native elements to it- it did… Now “Deer Dance”

2 Likes

What do you think of Peter Gabriel and his foray into “World Music”, notably starting with “Security” ?

As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls
Just came up on Pandora :smiley:

Peter Gabriel hasn’t been my jam, so I had no idea he was now doing world music. I’ll have to look up the song.

Security is the name of the album. One song, for instance - “Rhythm of the Heat”
Another album / release; Passion - music from The Last Temptation of Christ

He has a few others out there that are along those lines.

I lived in the UK 2002-20014. Around 2004 came a lot of great indie bands out. Some like Artic Monkeys I followed from their first post on MySpace. Jets, Wombats, Snow Patrol, Editors .Bloc Party, and one of my favourite Blood Red Shoes. Concert tickets have been cheap. 16 June 2007 I seen Muse live in the just rebuild Wembley stadium. We paid £22 for a ticket. I always loved movie scores. Even some bad movies have great music. Today it’s easy to find them. I don’t how many stores I called in Germany until I found one who had a copy of the Starship Troopers movie score. One of my all-time favourite tracks is " Adagio in D Minor" by John Murphy from the movie Sunshine.
I don’t play a instrument. I could have learned to play piano or guitar for free as a kid. The only good thing about the East German education system was the after school program. But when you 7 years old and you can choose between soccer or piano, soccer always wins

[quote=“frankey, post:29, topic:7741”]

Around 2004 came a lot of great indie bands out.

Always great to meet a music lover. You can find many Youtube links of member favs in
“the Day the Music Burned” in the Entertainment sub-forum.

I am a jazz/fusion lover myself and Pat Metheny is my favorite guitarist and composer.

If you are not familiar with Metheny, do have a listen to this mini-concerto and be astounded… :sunglasses:

Play it loud!

1 Like

I know the name. When he turns up on a random playlist I listen to it but it’s not like I have any favourite of him. Apart from Pop, hip-hop I’m open to any music. I like fusions. For 2 years I had a flat in London’s Brixton area. Opposite from a pub called " Brixton Hootenanny". Live music every day. Always fusions. Celtic folk /Dub step or any fusion you can think of. My favourite being Devin Townsend. Do you know Helge Schneider? He does very silly comedy but is a brilliant jazz musician as well.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77OMIt8I78

Here is a Celtic tune., sort of; Jean Luc Ponty

I feel like dancing a jig. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like