Modern Family Fans?

Any Modern Family fans here? IMHO I think it’s not only the best sitcom on currently, but the best ever, bar none. And like most great comedies it actually plays a social/cultural role.

Never watched it. Maybe I should give it a try.

Any Modern Family fans here? IMHO I think it's not only the best sitcom on currently, but the best ever, bar none. And like most great comedies it actually plays a social/cultural role.
I'll take a look, too. Lois

Its been on my TiVO Seasons pass since it came out. That and Big Bang Theory are my favorite comedy shows.

Couple of the things I like are 1) you can tell the writers have families of their own and have thought the thoughts we all have. Like when the dad (Phil, wife, married 18 yrs, 3 kids) is told their neighbor’s wife divorced the husband…and one of the kids says that must be horrible. And Phil says “well no now he has all this freetime and can pursue all the dreams he never could when he was married…” What husband hasn’t thought that! (Ok, or wife).
And 2) Unlike most shows where the comedy is sort of 1 dimensional…what you’re watching in the foreground, the main dialog, MF has things going on that you might miss if you’re not paying attention. Sometimes it’s just silly like the character Cam is telling another character how he just likes to stay out of trouble and not stir things up…as he’s stirring the punch in a punchbowl. Or there’s a better one where the mom is telling Cam and Mitch (her brother and his partner) about what a good parent she is…and as she’s doing this her son walks by off to the side, grabs the knife block off the counter, Cam grabs the block, Mitch then hands him a bowl of fruit, and off her son goes. All this as a little side thing while she’s lecturing Cam and Mitch. Just awesome.

Good comedies are hard to come by but Modern Family is certainly one of them. It’s probably my favorite non-animated comedy that’s currently playing.

Good comedies are hard to come by but Modern Family is certainly one of them. It's probably my favorite non-animated comedy that's currently playing.
And your animated favorite comedy? My used to be Simpsons (of course :) ) but currently I have to say it's Adventure Time. It's "for kids" but honestly, it's usually so out there I can't imagine young kids actually get into it.

Favorite animated comedies: The Simpson’s, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park. I like Adventure Time but I haven’t watched enough to form a solid opinion, yet. Every time the dogs talks, though, I picture Bender from Futurama. Spongebob is another good kids show that adults can enjoy, at least the earlier seasons. My kids are all grown now and we like to quote Spongebob lines: “It’s not just a bolder! It’s a ROCK!” or “Patrick: Liar, liar, plants for hire! Spongebob: It’s liar, liar, pants on fire, Patrick Patrick: Well you would know… liar!” or the classic “Why don’t we take the town and MOVE IT OVER THERE!”. Good stuff, I’m laughing just typing it. :slight_smile: