Minorities

You can say what you wish, doesn't change that I have no empathy for humans
that is pretty much the definition of a sociopath.

But seriously, if you truly have no empathy for any humans, you darn well better learn how to, consistently, act as if you do. You are missing a fundamental part of what humans usually have. So you will have to find ways to circumvent that, effectively, for the sake of those you encounter, and for your own sake.

You can say what you wish, doesn't change that I have no empathy for humans
that is pretty much the definition of a sociopath. Not necessarily. He does have empathy for animals. Could be an autistic like issue.

Uhh, who says I have to learn. Not my fault people are off put by my reactions. That’s their beef not mine.
As for a part of being human, I say good riddance. Makes dealing with people easy. All the joy and no drama.

Uhh, who says I have to learn. Not my fault people are off put by my reactions. That's their beef not mine. As for a part of being human, I say good riddance. Makes dealing with people easy. All the joy and no drama.
Technically, you are correct. You are free to enjoy/suffer the consequences, good/bad. I suspect, however, that your freedom will become more and more restricted on this path. Kirk out.

I don’t think so.

Why care about them? Why cater to them? They are but a small part of the population, what does it matter what happens to them?
You're simply putting forth views here from a sort of observation bias. I could ask you, why care about plums? You don't have to care about plums. You already know that not everyone cares about plums. How do you think minorities are any different in this sense? Because of an observation bias. You don't have to "care about" minorities. Furthermore you are free to be upset that you observe people caring about minorities. Key here is....what you observe.

I never said I was upset. I just don’t get why people give a damn.

I never said I was upset. I just don't get why people give a damn.
I know. I just stated that you were free to feel that way if you wish. Why do some people like plums? You're not alone. Millions of people don't get why people give a damn about one such thing or another. I told you, you're exhibiting observation bias. There's plenty of people who don't give a damn about minorities. You're concentrating on the people who do. After that you just have to ask yourself, is it ok that those people care about minorities? Is it normal that those people care about minorities?

Then you’d have to ask what is normal.

Then you'd have to ask what is normal.
Normal is just what most are in the middle of a spectrum of a population identified on a particular characteristic.. For instance on the spectrum of humans who feel empathy, you would have the majority of folks in the middle of the bell curve. On the far right side, and far left side, you would have the outliers, one side of outliers feeling empathy extraordinarily, and the other side of outliers feeling almost none or none. In this characteristic, you would be abnormal, an outlier, and BTW, a minority. Why would anyone care about a minority like yours? Maybe because of that minority of outliers on the other side.

I don’t know, the rich are a minority and people seem to care very much about them.

I don't know, the rich are a minority and people seem to care very much about them.
Most people care about money because it is a conditioned generalized positive reinforcer. So if you are rich, that can provide you a way to circumvent your personal empathy deficiency. You may get by just fine... if you are rich. And you can use some of that wealth to help animals that are not humans.
Something that I can't seem to quite grasp is the concern for minorities. This includes blacks, native Americans, but mostly what I'm getting at is LGBT (since that seems to be of closest concern to me). Why care about them? Why cater to them? They are but a small part of the population, what does it matter what happens to them?
Wow
I don't know, the rich are a minority and people seem to care very much about them.
What do you mean you don't know? You're just repeating yourself. You already said people care about minorities.

It was a reply to what he said about why should they care about me, a minority.

Something that I can't seem to quite grasp is the concern for minorities. This includes blacks, native Americans, but mostly what I'm getting at is LGBT (since that seems to be of closest concern to me). Why care about them? Why cater to them? They are but a small part of the population, what does it matter what happens to them?
My theory is--the "majority" live a life that's too sheltered and comfortable, and that's boring, so they adopt the struggles of the minorities in order to put some excitement into their lives.
It was a reply to what he said about why should they care about me, a minority.
Nope. I didn't use the word "should". I used the word "would" to mirror your original question's, possibly, values-neutral query about why some people care about the struggles of minorities.
My theory is--the "majority" live a life that's too sheltered and comfortable, and that's boring, so they adopt the struggles of the minorities in order to put some excitement into their lives. I'm pretty sure Tita is just messing around, or just hasn't experience enough to figure these things out, but mid atlantic, that is consistent with everything else you've said and shows how you are completely lacking in empathy. There are classes for that.
My theory is--the "majority" live a life that's too sheltered and comfortable, and that's boring, so they adopt the struggles of the minorities in order to put some excitement into their lives. Ah! The terrible effects of shelter and comfort that leads to boredom, which in turn leads to concern for those who are not as sheltered and comfortable. Huh? Seems to me that there are an extraordinary number of recreational activities available to the sheltered and comfortable, that could alleviate their boredom. Yet some of those pesky devils keep on seeming to care about minority rights. Hmm? I think there must be some other motivating factor/s than just comfort-induced boredom. However if we wanted to insure that they didn't care about minority rights, I think that it wouldbe effective to make life for "the majority" so challenging that they wouldn't have the time or energy to care about anything other than their own survival.