Joe Biden

I think that is a plus too, but birthers are already starting.

You know what might have happened? Another stealth disease has already ravaged the world, (before COVID-19) without us ever being aware of it. It’s victims, however, became pathetic idiots who will believe the stupidest conspiracy theories that they are presented with. And it affected about a third of the population. Those are, now, the bulk of the t rumpists and RepugLIARS and QANON cultists.

Just did some checking on the internet, Oh lordie, Republicans are going to get uglier and nastier than ever, aren’t they. Wish they could hear themselves.

What’s there to be depressed about ;-p

Yes, and they are bring up that lame birther crap. Kamala was born in California.

The t rump is forcing a major confrontation by his brazen takeover and sabotage of the USPS so that he can undermine voting by mail during the pandemic.

The demise of a functioning USPS for the upcoming election is not acceptable. Though this is only one of the cheating actions that the t rump will be doing to try to remain in power. This could be a critical one.

They have been secretly decommissioning mail boxes and storing them away all across the country. The Installed t rump Crony, DeJoy, has re-assigned 23 USPS execs, so that no one will get in his way of running the service in to the ground. He has decommissioned many many mail sorting machines. He has cut any overtime.

Suffice it to say, that there are TWO BIG potential payoffs for the RepugLIARS in gutting the USPS. 1) it probably disenfranchises a lot more Dems for the upcoming election, and 2) it gives ammunition for taking tax money from the USPS and giving it to profitized businesses who support the t rump and the corrupt RepugLIARS.

People, especially veterans, receive meds via USPS, some are lifesaving meds. He’s also destroying a piece of what makes the U.S. the U.S. and using propaganda of outdated machinery and privatizing as excuses when we know its to cheat in the election. Closing some election place, allegedly due to COVID-19, is another one to make harder for people to vote and there was a third thing he’s also doing, but I forget off hand what it is, besides making the pandemic so bad in the U.S. that other countries don’t want us.

I think the t rump is starting to figure out that his sabotage of the USPS is not going to go unopposed. He now seems to be pivoting to using it as a hostage leverage in the deal that the Congress needs to make to keep the economy alive.

The t rump HAS to allow that deal to go thru soon because he wants to keep the economy out of a full blown Depression, so that he can keep lying about being so Great for the economy. Since he realizes the USPS destruction will probably not stand, he seeks to use it as leverage to promote his stupid whims.

The Dems must NOT give in to his underhanded abuse of his power. They don’t need to compromise any more than they already have. They came down $1Trillion from their original proposal. That’s plenty far enough.

Giving in to the t rump terror tactics by agreeing to only parts of what is needed, for short periods, will be even more damaging in the long run to those who the t rump has put in the line of suffering now.

Pass the Bill that the House put forward months ago. The Hero’s Act. The t rump is such an idiot. If he had gotten behind it when the House first passed it, the economy could have had a shot at coming back strong. The longer he waits, in order to flaunt his supposed Deal making ability, the less likely the economy will come back as well.

The t rump is such an idiot. If he had done things that the Dems have been demanding since the Pandemic began, we really would be so much better off, right now, in terms of the economy and the state of the Pandemic here. AND he would be looking good in terms of re-election, because, then, the LIES that he constantly tells about how well things are going, would not be such LIES.

I always tense up when Joe starts talking. But when he talks about platform instead of what I suspect to be a racist attempt to not be racist with his “Corn Pop” story, I actually get excited.

Clearly Donald Trump is trying to steal this election to keep from being charged with financial crimes and a possible prison term. To do that he needs the help of corrupted appointees like the Postmaster General and state election officials. Would it not be a good idea for Joe Biden to make a forceful and credible statement insisting that if he’s elected he’ll direct his justice department to prosecute any and all who’ve illegally tried to suborn the integrity of our American elections? This “shot across the bow” would serve as a credible deterrent to any of Trump’s thugs who are currently doing all they can to undermine our democratic tradition of fair elections. Election tampering is against the law but it takes formal charges and a willingness to prosecute those who actively try to steal elections. This never happens in this country. When is the last time you’ve heard of anyone being charged with election tampering? It never happens and the reason is democrats who are usually the victims of this type of crime just don’t have the backbone to pursue the issue. This sends the message that cheating and falsifying election results have no legal consequence and this is why the fat liar (AKA Donald Trump) feels completely free to do whatever he wants to steal this election.

Why doesn’t Joe Biden make a firm public statement that if election tampering takes place, prosecutions will follow? Can anyone answer this question for me?

Why doesn’t Joe Biden make a firm public statement that if election tampering takes place, prosecutions will follow?
I heard his answer to this. He does not direct the justice department. He answered correctly, that he could not tell them to prosecute Trump, on the other hand, he would not try to stop them either. As a President, you have some political influence, and of course you have pardon power. By indicating he would not use either of those, he is, essentially, saying he hopes their will be justice branch action. He is being careful to stay within the confines of the principles of separation of powers.

In any case, prosecuting former Presidents would be a unique and unprecedented action, but Trump is unprecedented, and I hope we see something. No matter what, it will be unsatisfying. It will some complex finance related charge and probably result in some form of house arrest or limitations on his ability to do business or travel. His warhead mouth will continue to run until he dies and continue on with his family.

IMO, more important is that we rescind the emergency powers that are sitting there waiting to be abused, and make some things actually illegal instead of just by convention. We depend way too much on Presidents and high ranking Senators acting in a moral and just manner.

Thank you Mr. Lausten,

Yes, it’s true that every justice department in every presidential administration makes it a point to assert their independence from presidential influence but in reality, the Attorney General is appointed by the president and keeps his job only if the president wants him or her there. All Joe Biden would have to say is that he firmly believes anyone like the Postmaster-General or any election official who fraudulently attempts to skew the election results should be prosecuted. If he were to say this repeatedly how could it not have the effect of deterring at least at some level election fraud? It’s simply too easy and convenient for Joe Biden to say he wants to ensure the independence of his or any justice department to get proactively involved in issuing a warning against violating election laws. Republicans discovered decades ago that democrats are timid and can be had.

How many of us would sit in our cars parked across the street from our homes and watch calmly as a burglar opened a window to our house and then entered to steal whatever he could? We are way too tame as people charged by our national history and traditions of self-governance to allow this “Commander in Thief” to operate with impunity. Yes, Mr. Lausten it’s true that Americans have no stomach for prosecuting ex-presidents and this is a healthy and reasonable position since the American people already gave their “stamp of approval” in electing him, but this doesn’t hold for lesser officials like the thug in charge of our postal service or election officials who are now ready to commit their crimes and election fraud is a crime.

I thank the “Center for Inquiry” for the opportunity to voice my opinion on and through this First Amendment platform.

We depend way too much on Presidents and high ranking Senators acting in a moral and just manner.
Presidents and high ranking Senators are ordinary citizens elected to office by other ordinary citizens. Are you saying that ordinary citizens cannot be depended upon to act in a moral and just manner?
He (Biden if elected) does not direct the justice department. He answered correctly, that he could not tell them to prosecute Trump, on the other hand, he would not try to stop them either. As a President, you have some political influence, and of course you have pardon power.
If I were he, I would nominate an Attorney General that I thought would go after the most powerful of the corrupt persons, in government. Such an Attorney General would likely go after the most corrupt former POTUS ever.

I think that the t rump’s best move would be to resign now, in order to get Pence to pardon him., of all of his federal crimes. Although that would only be for federal crimes. That would not prevent his prosecution for state crimes.

@lausten Eloquently said, as always. And, also as always, a depressing injection of reality. Personally I am really hoping that this unprecedented corruption gets an unprecedented response when the power shifts. They all say, “No one is above the law” even as they argue that the president is above the law. When that argument is gone I really hope they work hard to make us believe it again.

Are you saying that ordinary citizens cannot be depended upon to act in a moral and just manner?
Are you saying they can be? Then why do we need police?

Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. Seen here at age 26, 1 year before the birth of his 1st child, Joe Biden III, aka “Beau”.

I wonder if it crossed his mind, then, that far far in his future, a day would come… a day much like today, when he would be nominated to be the Democratic candidate for President of the United States of America.

Here he is with his kid sister and brother. I wonder if Joe knew then, that one day, he would be tasked with saving the USA and it’s democratic form of government from the evil t rump of the future.

And now he is old. And now he holds the hope for our nation’s future. And now he has the character and the experience to pull it off.

CC, if that symbol means you are hitchin’ a ride, c’mon my friend, hop on the Bandwagon!!!