Is trump dog whistling for War on America's Fourth Estate

Imagine it’s going to get worse than you can imagine,

no lets not do that,

lets pretend it’s not happening.

Yeah, that’s right, it’s nothing worse than a polak joke.

Really, everything’s alright, yes everything’s fine, we want you to sleep well tonight, close your eyes, …

New York Times: Fake video of Trump shooting media and critics played at his resort

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/politics/trump-fake-video-shooting-media-critics-doral/index.html

Oct. 14, 2019, 6:56 AM MDT
By Yuliya Talmazan and Monica Alba

A video showing a likeness of President Donald Trump shooting, stabbing and brutally assaulting members of the news media and his political opponents has prompted calls for the White House to denounce the violence after it was reportedly shown at a meeting of Trump supporters at his Miami resort.

The New York Times obtained the footage that it says was shown at a three-day event held by a pro-Trump group called American Priority for the president’s supporters at the Trump National Doral in Miami, Florida last week.

The Times reported that president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his former spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, were among scheduled speakers.

The paper says the video shows a series of pro-Trump memes, the most violent of which shows Trump’s head superimposed on the body of a man who opens fire inside the “Church of Fake News” on parishioners who have the faces of Trump’s political opponents and logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. …

America’s Fourth Estate? https://www.thoughtco.com/here-is-a-brief-history-of-print-journalism-in-america-2073730

Me, it just seems to get more out of control out there - when will the back lash and defense of America’s pluralist values become audible -

When will we have had enough of the robber barons and child slavers?

Macabre Video of Fake Trump Shooting Media and Critics Is Shown at His Resort
By Michael S. Schmidt and Maggie Haberman
Published Oct. 13, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/politics/trump-video.html

… The video, which includes the logo for Mr. Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign, comprises a series of internet memes. The most violent clip shows Mr. Trump’s head superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the “Church of Fake News” on parishioners who have the faces of his critics or the logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. It appears to be an edited scene of a church massacre from the 2014 dark comedy film “Kingsman: The Secret Service.” …

Trumpians and repugs must love that video.

I would like to see a scene adapted from Kill Bill, with AOC’s face on Uma Thurman, while she goes thru one of her big kill scenes. Her doomed adversaries would have the faces of all of the typical disgusting right wing icons.

Trumpians and repugs must love that video.
It is hilarious. Too bad it can’t actually happen.
?????

I do think it is important to consider how some ppl might take it, e.g., people who have survived or have relatives who were in mass murder in churches.

And of course, we should never let anything like that occur in real life.

And who would set Bernie’s hair on fire like that, anyway? It’s just not right.

?????
You would need to know a little history to appreciate what I'm talking about.

Sad truth is there have always been the two undercurrents - the ruthless, slightly sociopathic 1% masters of the universe calling all shots. The ones’ who didn’t mind being slavers, or child labors, etc. etc. - If you don’t know about it you ought to learn.

And then America of the brave, noble, independent, while being a dignified person that lived by principles.

But that was an America that big, and wide open, if you didn’t mind running out some red people who were there first.

Now we are crowded, I graduated HS in '73, been watching the consolidation, now corporations are bigger than governments and are in the process of wresting our governments away from us. In some real ways most all of us have been turned in numbers to track and manipulate, think of the wonder AI is bringing to the masters of the universe. I watched the assault rifle ban get rescinded and though it was one of the most insane acts taken. But they just keep pushing. Now there’s a generation so used to malicious, dishonest distortion of facts they don’t know up from down, and so-so few care, and it’s all so f’n sad, watching this train wreck do nothing but gain speed.

good night

The truly sick thing about that is if you reversed the roles the CIA would be taking you in for questioning. But nobody is above the law! Oh, no, everyone is treated equally. Bullshit!

You would need to know a little history to appreciate what I’m talking about.

Sad truth is there have always been the two undercurrents – the ruthless, slightly sociopathic 1% masters of the universe calling all shots. The ones’ who didn’t mind being slavers, or child labors, etc. etc. – If you don’t know about it you ought to learn.

And then America of the brave, noble, independent, while being a dignified person that lived by principles.

But that was an America that big, and wide open, if you didn’t mind running out some red people who were there first.

Now we are crowded, I graduated HS in ’73, been watching the consolidation, now corporations are bigger than governments and are in the process of wresting our governments away from us. In some real ways most all of us have been turned in numbers to track and manipulate, think of the wonder AI is bringing to the masters of the universe. I watched the assault rifle ban get rescinded and though it was one of the most insane acts taken. But they just keep pushing. Now there’s a generation so used to malicious, dishonest distortion of facts they don’t know up from down, and so-so few care, and it’s all so f’n sad, watching this train wreck do nothing but gain speed.

Inane pothead rambling.

The subject is Robber barons and child slavery, which were 100+ years ago. The rest of this shit has nothing to with that. Start making sense or get the fuck out.

I thought the topic was the murdering parody video.

I guess CC is making a point that slightly sociopathic ppl made the video, and that the same types were among Robber Barrons and slavers.

I think that involves some assumptions that may be pressed too far to be exactly accurate.

But your assumption that pot is involved, in CC’s expression, also seems to be pretty shaky.

And saying to him “…get the fuck out.” is just downright rude.

I’m talking about trends and archetypes - the long sweep of history and all that jazz, . . .

And you guys don’t see where this train is going???

here, since I don’t have the time, someone else tried to explain a sliver of the game, er I mean history, to today’s 1 second attention span.

Although there’s a lot that happened before to set the stage for that ditty. Same old shit new day, and we never learned a thing.

I thought the topic was the murdering parody video.
The topic is how such a good and intelligent people can fall into this state of contrive hostility, spilling over into blood lust so easily.

And the joke of thinking there won’t be monstrous consequences.

Although on the more serious side, this one offers a hell of an outline for where were at today - pretty good for a guy who died in 1950

George Orwell: A Life in Pictures is a 2003 BBC Television docudrama telling the life story of the British author George Orwell.

Chris Langham plays the part of Orwell. No surviving sound recordings or video of the real George Orwell have been found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6txpumkY5I

I guess CC is making a point that slightly sociopathic ppl made the video, and that the same types were among Robber Barrons and slavers.
Oh lordie you missed the boat on that one.

I’m talking about what’s in the hearts of people - these trumpeters are no different than the passions what went into making nazis - and it’s unfolding in front of us.

Robber Barron and slavers are the dudes profiting over everyone else’s misery - the war profiteers and such.

People for whom other people are just so much hamburger.

The same sorts of people we’ve given our government over to - people with nothing but contempt and vandalism to civility and democracy in their hearts.

Orwell does a good job explaining why everyone is too anesthetized to do anything.

{ refer to previous page }

Nonsense. That song is about major events that happened in Billy Joel’s own lifetime, most of which are benign. It became popular because most boomers could relate to it. Joel didn’t intend for it to have any political meaning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Didn%27t_Start_the_Fire

Orwell does a good job explaining why everyone is too anesthetized to do anything.
Orwell and his writing are something else you know nothing about whatsoever.
I’m talking about what’s in the hearts of people – these trumpeters are no different than the passions what went into making nazis – and it’s unfolding in front of us.
Wanting to preserve the disintegrating American middle class is the same as nazi ideology? Sure why not.

You have no clue what’s “in the hearts of people”.

Robber Barron and slavers are the dudes profiting over everyone else’s misery – the war profiteers and such.
Robber Barrons, slavers, and war profiteers are three very different things. None have anything to do with what’s happening now.

A) The progression is there - the chronology speaks for itself. Wholly independent of the artist.

B) I never claimed to me an authority on Orwell, though I’ve read some. Why not listen to his words in that documentary, they speak on their own - no Orwellian expertise needed. Just a rational mind that listens and pays attention.

As for the flow of history, you know it’s all pretty damned tied together, yesteryear’s foolishness, setting up today’s disasters, guaranteeing tomorrow’s atrocities. This behavior of Trump, what, perhaps you think it’s leading to some nice utopia? You think there’s not going to be blow back, and holy hell to pay? Or what do you think?