Is trump dog whistling for War on America's Fourth Estate

Wanting to preserve the disintegrating American middle class is the same as nazi ideology?
Where did I say that? How is a video glorifying the president blowing away all of his enemies heads going to help the middle class? Can you explain?

People that can’t rationally discuss problems in an honest civil manner, folks who’d rather ignore facts and resort to threats, intimidation even violence - that’s were the nazi comes in buddy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/13/hate-crimes-are-rise-what-does-it-take-get-state-governments-respond/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-crimes-are-real-and-theyre-increasing-11562786479

Oh and incidentally, with a bit of historical knowledge you too could have a better understanding for why America’s middle class is disintegrating and it has a hell of a lot more to do with the powers that be, than the snot-nosed foreigners that FOX propagandists keep screaming about. Actually the same oligarchs that orchestrated the Tea Party that’s evolved into this monster trump thing and his contempt for our government, check and balances, rules and regulations - who needs them? Right? You guys want to destroy our democratic government and believe that’s going to save the middle class. lordie, lordie

If you’re worried about the middle class, jump on the political lefties bandwagon to redirect wealth and power back to them from the exploitatively wealthy.

If you’re worried about the middle class, jump on the political lefties bandwagon to redirect wealth and power back to them from the exploitatively wealthy.
The left is explicitly anti-white middle class. They want to redirect wealth from the upper class to the black and brown underclass.

Uh, well, I don’t think they would or would even be able to establish legislation that will be helpful to middle class citizens, except for excluding white middle class people.

But your paranoia about the matter is very good for the exploitatively wealthy, because pitting middle class whites against non-whites, insures that the middle class cannot gain the power to effect change.

Actually, in spite of the T rump and repug powers that be, liberal influences have recently increased the minimum wage in large parts of the country. This is one factor that is keeping our economy humming currently. Poor working class white people are not excluded from increases in the minimum wage.

I never claimed to me an authority on Orwell, though I’ve read some. Why not listen to his words in that documentary, they speak on their own – no Orwellian expertise needed. Just a rational mind that listens and pays attention.
I know enough about Orwell to know he was a decent novelist and that’s about it. Using him to predict politics is so far off base it’s cartoonish.
As for the flow of history, you know it’s all pretty damned tied together, yesteryear’s foolishness, setting up today’s disasters, guaranteeing tomorrow’s atrocities. This behavior of Trump, what, perhaps you think it’s leading to some nice utopia? You think there’s not going to be blow back, and holy hell to pay? Or what do you think?
History repeating itself is a myth. In fact, history only teaches very few practical lessons, and one lesson is that making long term predictions is almost always a waste of time.

However, it’s safe to say Donald Trump will not destroy the world.

Some say history doesn’t repeat itself, but it rhymes.

As far as T rump destroying the world. The possibility of that is greater than zero %. He has the means, and tho I don’t think he wants to destroy the world, he is messed up enough to do it without meaning to.

And he definitely has destroyed the world of some Kurds in the past few days.

The left is explicitly anti-white middle class. They want to redirect wealth from the upper class to the black and brown underclass.
There are so many memes and videos about this, I'm not going to even bother to engage that one guy. He's bought the story that I'm threatened by someone who wants the cookie crumbs I have when there's a guy with a whole box of cookies dropping those crumbs. I think we missed the opportunity to teach more people how to get along despite differences and we're in for a few hundred years of fighting over crumbs while the riches of the world are used to make and fuel fighting ships to blow up other fighting ships.

(The guy with the box of cookies, dropping crumbs, will have immigrants vacuum up his crumbs, package the crumbs as a breakfast cereal, which he will sell to you.)

There are so many memes and videos about this, I’m not going to even bother to engage that one guy. He’s bought the story that I’m threatened by someone who wants the cookie crumbs I have when there’s a guy with a whole box of cookies dropping those crumbs. I think we missed the opportunity to teach more people how to get along despite differences and we’re in for a few hundred years of fighting over crumbs while the riches of the world are used to make and fuel fighting ships to blow up other fighting ships.
This is difficult to understand, maybe you could elaborate.
As far as T rump destroying the world. The possibility of that is greater than zero %.
Alright, it might be .000001 %.

Who knows? I would guess a lot higher than that. And if we include things that he does, or has already done, that eventually lead to the destruction of the world of man, then we’re talking some serious odds. No sense betting tho, as you won’t be around to pay me, and I won’t be around to collect.

Who knows? I would guess a lot higher than that. And if we include things that he does, or has already done, that eventually lead to the destruction of the world of man, then we’re talking some serious odds. No sense betting tho, as you won’t be around to pay me, and I won’t be around to collect.
I posted about this a couple weeks ago elsewhere on this forum, and included links to articles written by people who actually know about this, and yes, this actually is a possibility.

I won’t engage with thatoneguy on this because I don’t care for his attitude and life’s too short.

The OP is:

Is trump dog whistling for War on America's Fourth Estate
The Fourth Estate is the press...
The term Fourth Estate refers to the press and news media both in explicit capacity of advocacy and implicit ability to frame political issues
...and maybe I missed it here, but I didn't see anyone taking about the press. Which is a topic that interests me, as a journalist.

So, in answer… Hell yes, he is. It didn’t start with that video.

Since announcing his candidacy in the 2016 presidential elections to the end of his second year in office, U.S. President Donald Trump has sent 1,339 tweets about the media that were critical, insinuating, condemning, or threatening. In lieu of formal appearances as president, Trump has tweeted over 5,400 times to his more than 55.8 million followers; over 11 percent of these insulted or criticized journalists and outlets, or condemned and denigrated the news media as a whole...
The president's tweets can have an impact and consequences for the press both at home and abroad. His rhetoric has given cover to autocratic regimes: world leaders from Cambodia to the Philippines have echoed terms like "fake news" in the midst of crackdowns on press freedom. And the rhetoric has sometimes resulted in harassment of individual journalists in the U.S., where CPJ is aware of several journalists who say they were harassed or threatened online after being singled out on Twitter by Trump....

His rhetoric–increasingly targeting swaths of the press–appears to be escalating, first from the introduction of “fake news” to “opposition party” and his use of “enemy of the people.”…

In the wake of the Annapolis shooting in June, CPJ, press freedom advocates, and media outlets called on Trump to moderate his rhetoric. However, five days after the shooting Trump called the “Fake News” the “Opposition party,” and 17 days after, he tweeted that “much of our news media is indeed the enemy of the people.” The moniker “enemy of the people” appeared in only four tweets during his first year in office. In his second year, the number was 21, nearly all after Annapolis.*

Bombs have been sent to Democrats and media offices. And Jamal Khashoggi?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

He and his followers will not be satisfied until the day some Qanon or MAGA freak walks into a newsroom and starts shooting, explicitly referring to a Trump tweet. And on that glorious day, he will tweet something like this:

And when people complain, his idiot supporters will say, “He’s praying for them and said it was bad! What is their problem?? Trump derangement syndrome!”

The supreme irony is that the free press exists to protect the rights of these idiots too.

The supreme irony is that the free press exists to protect the rights of these idiots too.
In theory, yes. In reality, maybe.

The idea of a free press protecting democracy is over exaggerated. In this country the constitution guarantees the right for a free press to exist — that’s it. It does not determine how the press can function or what its ultimate purpose is or even if it needs to have an ultimate purpose. It does not prevent the press from being bought off by special interests. It does not prevent journalists from being dishonest.

If the press is openly hostile to a segment of the population as most mainstream media is, you shouldn’t be surprised those people don’t trust it.

Another aspect is the “rights” the fourth estate supposedly protects are also guaranteed in the constitution, so the fourth estate becomes pretty redundant in that regard, and that leads to what the press is and always has been at heart — basically an instrument to shape public opinion.

I think you are right about the press being constructed such that they are in any way obliged to protect citizens’ rights from the govt. They are not, except to the extent that some idealistic members of the press are guided by a personally chosen sense of journalistic ethics. AFAIK few if any of the “free press” agree to abide by ethics that include striving to protect individuals’ rights. And they are certainly not required to agree to support the Constitution.

e.g., FOX News and OAN are protecting the current administration, not citizens’ rights unless it is in line with a current POTUS interest in a particular Constitutional right over another.

However, it’s safe to say Donald Trump will not destroy the world.
Maybe not the world but he's sure doing his part to help destroy America.

But than how could I expect a pissy intellectually lazy whinny white guy, who’s entire world seems to be constructed around

crying, I'm the victim, I'm the victim, and fuck everyone else.
to get it.

Maybe those middle class white folks need to get over their sense of superiority and memories of being the great white slave Masters of the world and start getting along with the rest of humanity?

Just tossing the thought out there.

Another aspect is the “rights” the fourth estate supposedly protects are also guaranteed in the constitution, so the fourth estate becomes pretty redundant in that regard,
dead guy, you toss this stuff out there, then run off. I wonder if you can explain any of this shit?

How do the rights spelled out in our Constitution make the press redundant?

Can you explain with any coherence?

It does not determine how the press can function or what its ultimate purpose is or even if it needs to have an ultimate purpose. It does not prevent the press from being bought off by special interests. It does not prevent journalists from being dishonest.

If the press is openly hostile to a segment of the population as most mainstream media is, you shouldn’t be surprised those people don’t trust it. – OneG

Interesting how you got from “free” to “hostile”. What segment are they hostile toward? People setting fire to buildings maybe?

You’re right, since they are “free”, they are free to be dishonest and get bought off. But that only works if there is one “they”. As long as government doesn’t favor or censor one media company over another , each is free to report not only what they see is true, but also what they see other media companies doing. Since it would be bad for business to be too direct about that, some of this commentary is done via comedy.

T rump says the Impeachment Inquiry is a “lynching”.

The following is an excerpt from the Journal “Miranda” article by Wendy H. about America’s history with lynching.

“As part of the lynching ritual, white participants would inscribe on the victims’ bodies the signs of their subordination to white rule so that their mutilated corpses came to emblematize racial difference. As Foucault insists: “torture forms part of a ritual. It is an element in the liturgy of punishment; … it is intended, either by the scar it leaves on the body, or by the spectacle that accompanies it, to brand the victim with infamy” (Foucault 34). When the lynching party had done its work, the victim’s body would often be displayed in a public place as a message to the community at large. This practice deliberately violates cultural customs that aim at honoring the dead, thereby showing the white supremacists’ disdain for the black victims, their families and their community… This public torture was visually documented, and the photographs of the mutilated victims were circulated in the community… The lynching ritual focuses on the body, asserting white power by attempting to reduce the transgressor to a thing deprived of humanity. To this end, black bodies were cut up like meat both before and after death, with less respect or compassion than people show for animals… Burning the body reduced it to an even more grotesque deviation from the human form. One particularly horrifying postcard shows a charred corpse hung from a utility pole in the center of Robinson, Texas (Appendix Figure 2).13 Another way to abase the African American body was to make it into a figure of fun. In the photograph on the half title page that opens the Without Sanctuary collection,14 a man’s corpse has been seated in a chair and his face grotesquely painted so that it looks like a clown’s. A hand holding a stick like a puppeteer props up the head (Appendix Figure 3). In another photograph, the spectators have placed a hat on the victim’s head. With his neck broken by the rope, the man looks like a comically pathetic marionette hanging from a string (Appendix Figure 4; cf. Allen et al. Figure 93). Besides illustrating black degradation, these photographs also convey the disturbing holiday atmosphere of the lynching ritual. The victims’ bodies are displayed like exhibits at circuses…”

Who would have thought that a Constitutional procedure like impeachment could be as profane and punitive as “lynching”? Yet our POTUS says it is. Oh wait, it’s T rump. He’s a liar.