Iran

@TimB

Just so.

Often times, in politics and other areas, what one sees as malice is really incompetence and stupidity. Although I’m unconvinced that Trump is stupid. Narcissistic, incompetent, ignorant and lazy, certainly.

-and people said you couldn’t possibly get anyone worse than JWB. I bet such people are now really feeling complete drongos.

Millions of followers of Taoism see ‘quietism’ as praiseworthy.

I like the sentiments of “The Serenity Prayer” said at every AA meeting: ( I’ve been a sober member of AA for 17 years)

’ Lord give my the courage to change the things I can

To accept the things I cannot change.

And the wisdom to know the difference’

From my observation, ‘the power of one’ is pretty much myth. A lot like one of my favourites, the fatuous “anyone can become president of the USA”

Not anyone can become POTUS, but obviously a real doozy can. Trump is not stupid but my guess is that he is just barely above ave IQ at best.

“Trump is not stupid but my guess is that he is just barely above ave IQ at best.”

That was my initial guess too. Then I saw a claim he has an IQ of 156. BUT, unable to find any evidence for that claim .—He comes across to me as a privileged white male of modest intellect, who has never read a book** or done any serious work . And/or is possibly in the early stages of dementia .

Plus, to add insult to injury, he’s a baby boomer.

OR as Sigmund Freud did NOT say " Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". IE the guy is simply the obnoxious and generally incompetent human being one would not allow inside one’s house ,that he appears to be.

** have a good look at his use of language in say in his tweets. He uses a very basic, even child-like vocabulary.

Would trump be a war criminal if he war with iran?

Trump had all of the schools he has attended, threatened in order to insure that they keep his records confidential.

Trump IQ at 156? That is completely ridiculous. That would be in the 5th standard deviation above normal intelligence. That would be someone that was so intelligent that it would virtually beam off of them unless they were autistic or had some social disorder that disguised it.

If someone tells u their IQ is above 150, don’t believe it unless they are a successful scientist, mathematician, or has multiple doctorates, or somesuch, or they show u the results of an IQ test done by a licensed psychologist…

Player, Trump should not be able to go to war with Iran without congressional approval, which I think he would be unlikely to get. But he could probably get away with doing a 1 or 2 time military strike, unilaterally. Especially, if there was some obvious justification like an apparent attack on our “interests”.

If Trump had congressional backing, war, itself, would not necessarily be a crime. But war crimes can be done in even the most “just and legal” of wars. For example, we have soldiers who are now accused of severe war crimes, who coincidentally, Trump recently said he was thinking about pardoning.

So in a war, I would not be surprised at all if Trump became responsible for war crimes.

In post 300879, I mistakenly said that an IQ of 156 is in the 5th standard deviation above normal IQ. That should read 3rd standard deviation above normal IQ.

Timb - which war was legal or just? Imperialism wars of aggression are mot a war crimes in your book?

Player if an imperialistic military power attacked your country with the intent of death and destruction to anyone who stood in the way of their taking whatever they wanted…

would it be just and legal for your country to declare war on them?

Wtf do u want to argue about? War is bad. War is hell. War is not a good thing. But it happens. If we can do something to help make it not happen, that would be worth pursuing.

“would it be just and legal for your country to declare war on them?”

1. So iraqis, afganis , yugoslavs, venezaleans vietnanese, panamanians, grenadans, brazilians, argentinians, nigaraguans, chileans, syrians libyans, iranians,
just and legal to declare war on the United States??

Well Viet Nam already kicked our ass. Panama seems ok with what we did. 1/2 of Afghanistan is already fighting us and the other half won’t let us leave. Iraq we already screwed the pooch on. Venezuela has Russian troops and miltary hardware there, not American. Syrias, we allowed the Russians to be the prime Imperialistic force there, along with Iran to some extent. You are welcome to make the case for the others u listed to declare a just and legal war on the US.

But I would prefer that u just quit grasping at straws to find something to argue about, if u can’t come up with anything better than this trash.

All these citizens have a right to attack US?

Idk, you’re the one who brought them up. Make the case.

I am using your rationale back at you.

:if an imperialistic military power attacked your country with the intent of death and destruction to anyone who stood in the way of their taking whatever they wanted…would it be just and legal for your country to declare war on them?“”

1. So tell me tim, which of those countries o mention above attacked the USA intent on mass destruction?

This is a silly argument. I suggest that you just make the point/s u want to make and quit the rhetorical questioning.

“This is a silly argument. I suggest that you just make the point/s u want to make and quit the rhetorical questioning.”

Don’t hold your breath Tim.

Still not able to decide if it’s a troll or an obnoxious, ignorant and intransigent adolescent.

Struck a nerve with Pat D. Sad day for him.

Tomb you said if an imperialist power was to attack a country then that country launching a war on that imperialist power would be just and legal.

I agree with you. Iraq, Syria Libya Venezuela etc all have a case

So iraqis, afganis , yugoslavs, venezaleans vietnanese, panamanians, grenadans, brazilians, argentinians, nigaraguans, chileans, syrians libyans, iranians, just and legal to declare war on the United States??
It’s more about what you can do rather than what is just and legal. After all, the strongest man in the room decides what is just and legal and enforces those terms.
  1. Thatoneguy. Then apply your logic to the nazis. Comfortable?