Iran

Israel interfere in US election 2016?

Russian red herring anyone? Read the frikkin Mueller report to see some of what Russia did. There is a LOT to see there. Tho some is still redacted, and some may not have been determined by the Mueller investigation, by their own admission.

You said page 14. Nothing to hang your hat on.

Israel interfere in US election 2016?
No but Israel has outsize influence on US foreign policy.
Wow. Usa really pushing hard for a fight with Iran.

When do people think america will start a war with Iran?

Never.

"no right to clean drinking water? no right to medical care? no right to be educated? no right to have a home?

All these are only for the privileged? True in a capitalist economy"

I thought "there are no such things as innate rights was a pretty clear statement.

If there are no innate rights, the political system is irrelevant, as is the social structure.

The above is an opinion, based on observation. Our life experiences may be very different, so our observations will differ. I have no problem with that.

Yes how right wing of you

Hey Tim. Enjoy

Yes how right wing of you

Pardon?

How do you figure that?

I’ve explained that my position is based on observation. IE it is my perception of how the world actually works. It is pragmatic and apolitical.

Politically, I’m more a pluralist. By that I mean I subscribe to using whatever works to produce greatest good for the greatest number. I consider this view a rational and pragmatic way to view politics and society, but not necessarily the ideal. I’ve yet to come across an ideal system of social, economic or political organisation.

My position is; “The ideologue, political or religious, is naive at best , dangerous at worst”

Yeap. Only a right wing zealot would claim what you say about rights.

Re: the Mueller report, Player, I said pp. 14-22, just for the start of evidence re: what Russia did. You read page 14, and part of p 15, and you are satisfied that u know best now?

I suspect that you get most of ur news spoon fed to u by the likes of Jim Dore, so of course u will think that Russia did nothing worth considering.

There is a boatload of evidence to the contrary in the Mueller report, but that is beyond your apparent motivation to read and comprehend. pp 14 -22 is just one component of the Russian interference. There are subsequent pages of evidence.

wow facebook posts. How evil is that

How evil? About as evil as your willful ignorance seems to be.

You still cant tell me what they did. Either you dont know or there isnt any evidence to support this.

Btw he just twitted about ww3 with iran. Which dem will attack trump on this?

I am not willing to transcribe the MASSIVE amount of evidentiary information that is in the Mueller report, for your convenience. It would not fit well in this format, and you would probably still not read it. You would pick out a single phrase that fits well with one of your denial talking points and say something ignorant like “wow facebook posts. How evil is that”.

Trump’s tweet about ending Iran is meaningless. He uses this sort of macho innuendo as foreplay with mid level autocrats. This is typically followed by his use of charm and “falling in love” with the mid level autocrat as they have make up “negotiations”. With high level autocrats (who he fears) he skips the macho bully talk and goes straight to charm. The problem with Iran, is that they have a fundamentalist streak and are unlikely to buy in to the Trump Macho/Bully/Charm technique. Also there is at least 1 determined neo-con high in the Trump administration who wants to actually end Iran. The Iraq war, staged, started, and conducted by neocons did horrible damage to our country. Another fiasco ignited by neocons, with Trump’s witless cooperation, would make the Iraq fiasco seem like a slight bump in the road in comparison.

Timb

When did you become and war monger and a champion of quietism?

I am not a warmonger. I don’t know where you came up with that. And “champion of quietism”??? I looked it up. “Quietism” has something to do with a Catholic philosophy that originated in the 18th century? I don’t understand what it is. I am not religious these days. So again, your question seems to be tethered to nothing that I can figure out.

quietism

calm acceptance of things as they are without attempts to resist or change them

Well that also clears up nothing. IF u r referring to my post about Trump’s poor negotiating style, I don’t see how u can interpret that as “quiet acceptance”. It is rather a warning about how horrifically bad things could go with Iran, even tho I don’t believe Trump intends to get us into a war. It is more the possibility that his incompetence and hubris could get us there anyway. Probably not, but it is not a zero possibility, and the potential destruction is beyond what we want to consider.

I suppose there could be a “wag the dog” scenario if Trump came to believe some devastating evidence were about to come out that would likely remove him from office. All bets would be off if that were the case. Trump, I think would be capable of some really bad things.

@TimB

Just so.

Often times, in politics and other areas, what one sees as malice is really incompetence and stupidity. Although, I’m unconvinced that Trump is stupid. Narcissistic, incompetent, ignorant and lazy, certainly.

-and people said you couldn’t possibly get anyone worse than JWB. I bet such people are now really feeling complete drongos.