Interesting Point: Energy for Cryptoming

Cryptominers defend gigawatt-scale energy usage called out by Congress (yahoo.com)

Environmentalists have long raised concerns about Bitcoin and other power-hungry, proof-of-stake tokens — and globally, cryptocurrencies are estimated to consume more energy than entire countries, such as Venezuela and Finland.

Marathon pointed to its work “with energy companies to build clean, green, renewable energy resources (e.g., solar and wind) that might not otherwise be built.” However, most of the energy tapped by Marathon currently comes from a coal-burning plant in Hardin, Montana.

The article mentions other companies and their responses.

I’m sure they pay for the energy they use. So, like in most industries that are run properly, higher volume is good.
And as Marathon and a few others are doing (apparently, if it’s not just lip service) helping to develop more renewable resources.

When I first read the headline, I was thinking of something like the water problem out West and encouraging Vegas and such to quit wasting it. But water is certainly not renewable. There are options for Energy.

Wow, I had no idea. We just can’t stop coming up with ways to add yet more warming for this planet, we human are most certainly an insane self-destructive species . . .

https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Seven%20Cryptominers%20Responses%20to%20Senator%20Warren.pdf

Despite reports to the contrary, the Facility was not restarted as a bitcoin mining operation; rather, following a protective layup, the Facility returned to the wholesale energy market as a merchant power provider, and it continues to send a significant amount of the power it generates to the New York Independent System Operator (the “NYISO”).

By EUNY HONG
Updated May 05, 2022
Reviewed by JEFREDA R. BROWN
Fact checked by KIRSTEN ROHRS SCHMITT

What Is Bitcoin Mining?

Bitcoin mining is the process by which new bitcoins are entered into circulation. It is also the way the network confirms new transactions and is a critical component of the blockchain ledger’s maintenance and development. “Mining” is performed using sophisticated hardware that solves an extremely complex computational math problem. The first computer to find the solution to the problem receives the next block of bitcoins and the process begins again.

[Cryptocurrency]

(Countries Where Bitcoin Is Legal and Illegal) mining is painstaking, costly, and only sporadically rewarding. Nonetheless, mining has a magnetic appeal for many investors who are interested in cryptocurrency because of the fact that miners receive rewards for their work with crypto tokens. This may be because entrepreneurial types see mining as pennies from heaven, like California gold prospectors in 1849. And if you are technologically inclined, why not do it?

Why not do it? Greed is good and too much is never enough.
No worried, your kids can deal with it, sort of reminds me of our sworn Peace Officers at Uvalde, CYA all the way, and too hell with the rest of them