Important Insights Along the Way

I collected some, to me, fundamental concepts today, oh boy

• Appreciating the Human Mindscape ~ Physical Reality divide

• I am a self-aware introspective element in the Pageant of Evolution

• We create our Gods from within ourselves

• We can not understand an organism, or system for that matter, without understanding its environment

• Consciousness is the inside reflection of our body, interacting with itself, along with the environment and circumstance, it is embedded within

• An appreciation for the Deep Time, billions of years worth, and the dance of geology and biology, unfolding one day at a time, that produced me, along with many other wonders

• There’s no Body-Mind Problem, it is in actuality an Ego-God Problem

• My body has taken better care of me, than I have of it

• Consciousness is the product of biology, of interacting, of living, when we die, all that awaits us is the deep dark eternal sleep from which none awake

• and it is good, live your blessed moment while you have it to live

• our after-lives unfolds within the hearts of others, and it is good

What am I missing?

I can’t see anything you’ve missed, at least not off hand.

The people who want to take that from you!

Right now, I don’t know what is missing. You have created an intense list. I am going to bed, I’ll read it again tomorrow.

Thanks, and remember, rewrite and reread and rewrite and reread until it nearly drives you crazy, then if you’re lucky you can finally read through something you wrote, without being hung up with yet another thing you overlooked, that you thought you covered.

Okay, I think I’m done with it. Tomorrow will tell. :+1:t4:

• Appreciating the Human Mindscape ~ Physical Reality divide
  • I am a self-aware introspective element in the Pageant of Evolution
  • We create our Gods from within ourselves
  • We cannot understand an organism, or system for that matter, without understanding its environment
  • Consciousness is the inside reflection of our body, interacting with itself, along with the environment and circumstance it’s embedded within
  • An appreciation for Earth and Deep Time, billions of years worth, and the dance of geology & biology, unfolding one day at a time, and that it produced me, along with many other wonders
  • There is no Body-Mind Problem, it is in actuality an Ego-God Problem
  • My body has taken better care of me, than I have of it
  • Consciousness is the product of Earth’s biology, of interacting, of living, when we die, consciousness ceases, all that awaits us is the deep dark eternal sleep from which none awake, and it is good
  • yes, it is good, live your blessed moment while you have it to live
  • our after-life unfolds within the hearts of others, and it is good.

:scream:
Nope!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

• Yes
  • Our
    ===============
    :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :angry: :crazy_face:

Very good points and each worthy of a topic discussing in detail.
I got another one: Do we live up to our ideals or do we lie to ourselves?

Isn’t that life’s challenge?
That’s the point of a considered life, introspection and self-skepticism.

I spent much of my life in doubt, some of it mighty miserable, though most of it pretty good, to awesome. Now, nearing 67 I have the pleasure of feeling secure in my choices and having chased down those fundamental questions all thinking humans wrestle with.

I don’t live up to all my ideals, but I still strive for them.
(although another good question might me, how well have your ideals managed to live up to your life.)
I’m aware I can kid myself, so try not to take myself tooo seriously.
(Though some of the ideas I’ve formulated I take way seriously ‘mindscape~reality’ and such)
In the end, it’s like the wink of an eye, they say, and I’ve noticed it’s so true, that’s why I really spend most my energy on today and trying to leave tomorrow for tomorrow.

1 Like