Imagine it's going to get worse than you can imagine, GOP's totalitarianism

News of the alleged domestic terror plot comes the same week that the president has ramped up his criticism of the media, insisting that The New York Times is “a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE,” despite warnings from the newspaper’s publisher that such rhetoric puts journalists in danger. He also went after The Washington Post’s fact checker, a section that tracks Trump’s misstatements.
I don't particularly like these Morning Joe folks, but important news is important news, and I don't have time to round up sources more to my liking. Not much else to say, just curious to see if this stirs up a little conversation. Things are getting serious now.
MSNBC Published on Feb 22, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMkEQDwJrk
‘Not a word from the President’ and that ‘speaks volumes.’

Amid President Trump’s silence on the alleged domestic terror plot by a Coast Guard lieutenant.

For more:

Trump stays silent on media-hating Coast Guard officer But when it comes to those insulting MAGA-ites, Trump relishes jumping in.

By ANDREW RESTUCCIA 02/21/2019 07:08 PM EST …

When Chicago police accused actor Jussie Smollett of fabricating a story about being attacked by MAGA-loving bigots, President Donald Trump was quick to weigh in. “What about MAGA and the tens of millions of people you insulted with your racist and dangerous comments!?” he wrote on Twitter.

And when Catholic high school student Nick Sandmann filed a lawsuit against The Washington Post this week over its coverage of last month’s confrontation between the teenager and a Native American elder, Trump couldn’t help himself. “Go get them Nick,” he declared. “Fake News!”

But more than 24 hours after news broke that a Coast Guard officer — an avowed white nationalist — was allegedly plotting to kill Democratic politicians and journalists, Trump has, at least so far, not said a word.

Asked for comment, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, “The president and the entire administration have condemned violence in all forms as we have stated many times.” Sanders did not respond to questions about whether Trump planned to tone down his rhetoric. …

… News of the alleged domestic terror plot comes the same week that the president has ramped up his criticism of the media, insisting that The New York Times is “a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE,” despite warnings from the newspaper’s publisher that such rhetoric puts journalists in danger. He also went after The Washington Post’s fact checker, a section that tracks Trump’s misstatements.

People close to the president argue that Trump shouldn’t be held responsible for the actions of a small group of disturbed individuals who happen to support him. And Trump’s allies don’t believe he has any intention of curbing his criticism of the press. …

Coast Guard officer accused of wanting to kill Democrats and journalists was inspired by Norwegian mass shooting, feds say

By Mary Kay Mallonee and Caroline Kelly, CNN | Updated 11:52 AM ET, Thu February 21, 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/coast-guard-mass-killing-hit-list/index.html

Coast Guard officer accused of wanting to kill Democrats and journalists was inspired by Norwegian mass shooting, feds say

By Mary Kay Mallonee and Caroline Kelly, CNN

Updated 11:52 AM ET, Thu February 21, 2019

(CNN)A Coast Guard lieutenant arrested last Friday on gun and drug charges allegedly wanted to conduct a mass killing.

Christopher Paul Hasson, 49, of Silver Spring, Maryland, is alleged to be a white supremacist who had a hit list that included prominent Democratic politicians as well as several journalists from CNN and MSNBC. Hasson’s case was first circulated by counterterrorism expert Seamus Hughes and the George Washington Program on Extremism.

Hasson’s hit list includes Democratic politicians – …

Court documents say Hasson espoused extremist and white supremacist views and allege that he relied on the manifesto of Anders Breivik, a Norwegian who was convicted in 2011 of two terror attacks that killed 77 people.

The government says Hasson also stockpiled steroids and human growth hormone “to increase his ability to conduct attacks,” consistent with the directions in Breivik’s manifesto.

“The defendant is a domestic terrorist, bent on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct,” prosecutors wrote.

Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer Barry Lane, spokesman for US Coast Guard Headquarters, said in a statement that the arrest was part of an investigation led by the Coast Guard.

“An active duty Coast Guard member, stationed at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, DC, was arrested last week on illegal weapons and drug charges as a result of an ongoing investigation led by the Coast Guard Investigative Service, in cooperation with the FBI and Department of Justice. Because this is an open investigation, the Coast Guard has no further details at this time,” Lane said.

And yet 40% of this country loves Trump - how’ that for self-certain absolutism in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Trumps been nothing but a thug and con from the gitgo - got ahead by fuking other people - needed a gold toilet to make up for his inadequacies. And this specimen of narcissism who’s made a career of telling suckers what they want to hear gets elected with a little (perhaps quite a lot) of Russian help.

Yeah, of course, the easiest guy to con is a con man - just ask Putin.

“It’s all the president’s fault”: Joe Scarborough blames Trump for Coast Guard officer’s terror plot
Coast Guard lieutenant Christopher Paul Hasson is accused of plotting a terrorist attack as a white nationalist

MATTHEW ROZSA
FEBRUARY 21, 2019 3:24PM (UTC)
A member of the Coast Guard is believed to have had white nationalist ties and to have plotted a large-scale terrorist attack targeting journalists from CNN and MSNBC as well as prominent Democratic politicians — and some blame President Donald Trump for inspiring the plot.

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/21/its-all-the-presidents-fault-joe-scarborough-blames-trump-for-coast-guard-officers-terror-plot/

Oh but that’s a different story

Here are 18 reasons Trump could be a Russian asset

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/here-are-18-reasons-why-trump-could-be-a-russian-asset/2019/01/13/45b1b250-174f-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html

Damn, the Coast Guard came close to killing something. That almost never happens.

Oh well at least they’re getting some publicity.

It is not just the NYT’s. You can include WP and CNN as enemy of the American people. President Trump is the greatest president we have had in a very long time. But, don’t listen to me. Keep doing and thinking the way you are. I don’t want you to change. I appreciate you helping with an easy win for our President in 2020.

Mike Yohe wrote: "I appreciate you helping with an easy win for our President in 2020."
Sadly you're probably right about that. I mean he stole one election with the help of his Russian friends, so what's one more? And obviously the Republicans would be okay with him running the country straight into the ground as long as they got to ride on his coattails.

I will not wear a MAGA hat for a week if I am wrong. You don’t work in the private sector.

It’s all about transforming our government into a vehicle for oligarchs.

and we let 'em do it, silly hollywood nation.

Let’s not even say his name this time around. He has his own top rated 24 hr “news” network Feaux (aka FOX), and his personal national Enquirer news paper, and most of talk radio, and his Cambridge Analyticized Facebook followers, and his horde of cult followers (90% of the Repub party) to spread his name and insidious lies.