I hate Telstra (merged)

I use Telstra products because 1) I travel a lot in country Australia and Telstra has much better coverage than their competitors, and 2) they are no worse, customer service wise, than their appalling competition, and I have tried 3 of their appalling competitors so I know what I am talking about.
I recently bought a Telstra 4GX BUZZ Mobile Phone. It took 3 weeks to get it to work and a whole heap of very poor customer service. I could not find any documentation regarding how to use it. So to the extent that I use it I have worked it out myself by trial and error. Imagine how much more productive people around the world would be if they were able to easily access good documentation that effectively and comprehensively described the use of their devices. Imagine the time that would be saved. Time is money.
I wrote to Telstra, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, the ACCC and the Federal Communications Minister and none of them gave a damn.
So much for consumer rights in Australia.

I use Telstra products because 1) I travel a lot in country Australia and Telstra has much better coverage than their competitors, and 2) they are no worse, customer service wise, than their appalling competition, and I have tried 3 of their appalling competitors so I know what I am talking about.
I recently purchased a Telstra 4GX WI-FI PLUS. It did not work so I took it back to the Telstra shop where I bought it in the Hyperdome Shopping Centre in Tuggeranong Canberra. They could not get it to work. So that as become another Telstra paperweight.
Despite the first one not working, as I needed a mobile WiFi hotspot for my travels around Australia, I then bought a PRE-PAID TELSTRA 4GX WI-FI from JB Hi-Fi as I stupidly thought “What are the odds of a second one not working?" Well guess what. It did not work as well in the same way as the first one did not work. So I took it back to JB Hi-Fi and after the JB Hi-Fi staff member spending a long time on the phone with Telstra it still did not work. Then the JB Hi-Fi IT “guru" (as the staff member referred to him as) reset it and it then worked fine. As long as I keep resetting it as the JB Hi-Fi person showed me (no useful documentation for it could be found) it then works fine.
I could not find any documentation regarding how to use either of them. Imagine how much more productive people around the world would be if they were able to easily access good documentation that effectively and comprehensively described the use of their devices. Imagine the time, money and aggravation that would be saved. Time is money.
In the past I have written to Telstra, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, the ACCC and the Federal Communications Minister and they are all a waste of space.
So much for consumer rights in Australia.

Tenpro I sympathize with your difficulties but this isn’t really a forum for consumer gripes. I have merged your two identically named threads.

Yet another reason to use an iPhone. Ask 20 IT security professionals what type of phone they use and 19 will reply iPhone.

I recently bought a Telstra 4GX BUZZ Mobile Phone. It took 3 weeks to get it to work and a whole heap of very poor customer service. I could not find any documentation regarding how to use it. So to the extent that I use it I have worked it out myself by trial and error. Imagine how much more productive people around the world would be if they were able to easily access good documentation that effectively and comprehensively described the use of their devices. Imagine the time that would be saved. Time is money.
So why did you buy a second one? There are alternatives, unless Australian law allows a carrier to lock customers into its own phones.