All you need to know about 5G

Good scientific presentation. Not the hysteria presented by some, rather some areas of concern that need further investigation. Good stuff

1 Like

@missinggirl,

Another good on you. When I saw that title I was thinking, oh no, now what.

But, before even opening it, I realized I was prepared for anything with an excellent video I saw a couple weeks back, by one Sabine Hossenfelder, who really knows her poop.

Can you imagine my relief when it’s that very video that you posted.

:slight_smile:

I have not looked at 5G at all and have not researched it, mostly because what I may know about it and how I may feel about it is very unlikely to have any impact on how it is installed. We will use whatever we are given and our only choice, if we are given a choice, will be to participate or not participate. But …

If the “small cells” only function at distances of 100 meters or so, can we expect those small cells to carry the bulk of the communication load? It doesn’t seem reasonable to me to expect the telecommunications companies to install small cell antennas every 100 meters or so across the world. More likely, to me, is that they will design the 5G cell phones so that they function as repeaters for traffic in the local area. If so, that means that they will want your phone to stay on 24x7. Your phone will be an integral part of the network. It also means that they must monitor the status of every phone 24x7 in order to ensure network integrity.

Privacy concerns should include what happens if you don’t keep your phone charged and turned on or if you are not able to turn it off. Remember the TVs that couldn’t be turned off in the movie “Max Headroom”? And of course there is the camera function that you may not be able to control. That would make a surveillance network much easier to install (you request and pay for a phone) and cheaper to maintain (you pay for the power get it fixed if it stops working). And of course you pay for the service of using the bigger antennas. Careful, Alexa is listening.

It seems like the logical next step for global crime prediction and prevention, since we already have people eager to put and keep current their profile with so much detail on social media. We now see many liberals calling for the “deprograming” of Trump supporters. Of course anyone who would actually consider that there might be a concerted effort (aka conspiracy theory) to surveil and control dissidents must be denounced in the strongest terms, and prevented from disseminating such hateful ideas.

Really now, we all know that it surely wouldn’t happen in the USA, would it? No, just like it is not happening in China, Russia, and North Korea today. And just like it didn’t happen in Venezuela, the USSR and Nazi Germany. There are none so blind as those who will not see. I think the health concerns are a red herring, but that’s just me.

There is nothing about the safety of 5G in your gish gallop

There is nothing about the safety of 5G in your gish gallop
Had to look up "gish gallop". Interesting that you think me to be dishonest.

I revise the last line of my post for you:

I think the safety concerns are a red herring, but that’s just me.
Perhaps you might need to look up "red herring".

The forum is science and technology. The post is on the science of 5G from its electromagnetic properties to it health and safety concerns.

You present nothing on this and turned it into something else.

You are the red herring

1 Like

Makes me think of the Radar Gun controversy - at least it started out as a controversy, then I think it’s finally accepted as a real risk. I suppose they have improved the technology and reduced the risk by now.

You present nothing on this and turned it into something else.
Well he did present a little bit of tech-prediction, which then let him slide nicely into a conspiracy of paranoia.

Some people seem to have a knack for that.

:wink:

I have done more investigation into 5G and only confirmed my original thoughts. The health and safety concerns are a non-issue. The EMR used for 5G has been proven to be safe. The only reason I see for the companies to keep up the “5G is safe” chant is to divert attention away from privacy and security concerns.

One other thing I did come across is that user data volumes will be so high that it just won’t be practical to have on-board storage. Apparently the technology for installing multi-terabyte or petabyte memory in a cell phone looks to be not physically possible and that much storage in a home laptop or tower would be prohibitively expensive. Thus, all your data will be stored in the cloud.

If one does not see privacy as an issue, I suggest that security should be. The world imagined by developers is one in which everything is connected through the web. Consider that there s no such thing as an electronic “document”. Why? In order for text, video or any other presentation of data or information to be considered a “document”, a falsification of that presentation must be discernable. This has been the legal definition of a document for centuries.

Determining authenticity or falsification of electronic data beyond doubt is not possible. Any electronic security protocol can be overcome by a determined hacker with the right tools. In a totally electronic world every “documented” facet of your life from your bank account, medical records and citizenship to your very existence is at risk. Anyone intending mischief, from the kid next door to a foreign power waging war, could make your life miserable.

I do not want my pictures, videos, sound clips, or calender in a cloud. I’ve never wanted my stuff in a cloud and will use external storage if I have to in which to save it. I have the external storage, so it’s not an issue.

5G network leakage and weather forecasting. Seem like a worthy item to add to this thread.

You’d think that technology and science make a good team, and most often that’s true, but every once in a while they get into a big fight. One such case is the 5th generation of wireless networks, 5G for short, that’s become a big headache for meteorologist because millimeter waves interfere with the weather forecast. On that occasion I also tell you about a recent review on the health effects of 5G and what 6G may bring.
Correction to what I say at 15 mins 57 seconds: It’s should be 3 orders of magnitude, not 30.

https://www.ece.rutgers.edu/news/rutgers-study-first-model-impact-5g-radiation-leakage-weather-forecasting

I have seen concerns about other other services as well. Like Navigation systems for aviation. But keep in mind that this is a spectrum management issue and separate issue from direct health effects for 5G radiation. That is a good point though.

I agree that low exposure is not going to do anything but its constant today.Even at low levels constant exposure will result in health issues at some point for some more than others.Studies done under powerlines have proved it.Its also a multi billion dollar bisiness with billions in infristructure.If it turns out it is bad I think the truth would be buried.Its really a big experiment and we are waiting for the results.
I use my 2.4 and shut my 5G network down.In a large area the 2.4 signal will travel further 5G is better when things are close together in a smaller area.I also turn it off at night.
I can see from other comments that my comment will not go over well and will be called nonsence but thats ok.

You’ve already said there are studies, without naming one, and said evidence would be covered up even if there was any. So, not much to work with.

There is all sorts of studies for both side.The BC medical journal lists the risks of child lukemia which rises signifigantly the closer you live to power lines.Telecumunication have the best and most lobbyist out there and spend incredible amounts of money to keep things running smoothly.
The studies are all there to read on the net some say its nonsence and others say its serious.
bcm.org/bccdc/living-near-power-lines-bad-our-health

A recent example of lobbyist at work is the recent train wreck.Legislation was on the table so trains that length would have to have special brakes installed. Lobbyist approached the Trump administration and it disappeared.Here we sit years later with a train wreck and enviromental poisoning.

That took me to a 404 at Baptist Community Ministries.
But to your point:

Regarding the disregard for RailRoad safety, there too, specific links go further. Share facts. Who, What, Where, When, How, that sort of thing. Educate.

Yes, and we can trace every detail of that. The Trump administration was a train wreck, literally. There are real conspiracies, that can be exposed. In Bayesian analysis, that would be part of the prior probability of any other conspiracy theory.

It was repealed not on the table.

Powerlines and G5 are two different things.

1 Like