Humanist Trilogy

Seems to me it all depends on motive.

Clarification stuff is, the action of making a statement or situation less confused and more comprehensible.

Okay, skip that first sentence and consider the rest,

Seems quite civil and on point.

What’s wrong with that. Lighten up, don’t be so defensive. Do you rather that your, so far, poorly defined ideas (and you) are simply ignored. Seems to me it’s a compliment to be asked to define and defend one’s ideas, how else can you learn?
Or for that matter, how else can you actually know what you’re all about, if you can’t field questions, challenges and to explain your thoughts.

I hate to admit it but sometimes Write4u sends me right up a wall - but lordie, for me the past year would have been intellectually impoverished had I simply ignored his challenges, and stewed at his “impertinence.” :wink:
Why, because he has forced me to think things through and from another perspective that I’m oblivious to, since like the rest of us, I’m wrapped up in my mind which has been formed by my unique life and learning. (Resulting in me getting better handle on my little vision and how to define it, not to mention better understanding objections.) Thing is, at least, I have the sense to recognize as much, and strive not to take myself too seriously, nor allow other to overly offend me. It’s all part of the Human Condition I sometimes mention.

Not that I don’t sometimes fall on my face, but we get up and brush off, take a few deep breaths and continue, the living is the only thing that really matters in the end anyways.

1 Like