How to Get Rid of a Dictator

I’m with Write4U in asking y’all what makes you think we aren’t living in a dictatorship currently. All the signs are there that we are. What makes you think the dotard is sane and TimB is not when a bunch of psychologists and psychiatrists have said that the dotard is not mentally stable?
Let's see, we have a free press, several active political parties that are campaigning against the current "dictator", 3 distinct branches of government and a constitution that establishes limits on the "dictator's" office.

I am not aware of any definition of dictatorship that matches up.

The Ukraine affair is a clear example of the actions by a dictator, surrounded by a pack of unprincipled thugs and wholly exempt from any oversight powers afforded the other branches . You have heard the insane legal argument by Dershowitz in defense of the Trump’s actions. “If an action is good for the president it is good for the nation”. These words describe the actions of a supreme ruler (dictator), not a servant of the people subject to oversight.
You haven't heard of the current impeachment trial?
It’s happened before, to better people than we have devolved into.
LOL, how about leaving out the German chauvinism.

Mental health professionals with mental health problems? I don’t get it. Sounds like a race car driver with driving difficulties.

Marks of a dictatorship is the total dismissal of lawful protocol and just tell lies, in order to establish an alternate untrue reality of the state of the Nation.

Here are a few excerpts from his State of the Union and other statements, a time to come clean with the people the president is supposed to represent.

p.s. awarding the medal of freedom to Rush Limbaugh nearly made me nearly ruin my computer when I choked on my sip of coffee. Then to stage this award for TV consumption by inviting Mrs. Trump to pin the award on Limbaugh during the State of the Union speech is just gross pandering.

I wouldn’t put it past the dotard to loss the next election, insist he won, and refuse to leave the office and not allow the real winner to take it over. That too is a dic[tator].

Sree said,

Mental health professionals with mental health problems? I don’t get it. Sounds like a race car driver with driving difficulties.

No, more like the blind leading the blind.

thatoneguy said ; You haven’t heard of the current impeachment trial?
You call that a trial?

Great @TimB. Thanks for sharing. We have a bounch of them here in Africa.

It was a fake trial. A mockery of the Constitution. A mockery of Democracy.

@Mriana, oops!

Sree said “Mental health professionals with mental health problems? I don’t get it. Sounds like a race car driver with driving difficulties.”

TimB replies, More like a combat soldier with PTSD. Although race car drivers, eventually do have driving difficulties, when they crash and with subsequent injuries.

Oneguy said, “Let’s see, we have a free press, several active political parties that are campaigning against the current “dictator”, 3 distinct branches of government and a constitution that establishes limits on the “dictator’s” office.”

TimB replies, You have not been paying attention. Don John our DOTUS, has control of a large part of the “free press”. He uses his office as a perch from which to call what remains of the press “fake news” and “enemies of the people”. He limits access often times to news agencies that he doesn’t like. His Sec of State recently cursed out an NPR reporter for asking a legitimate question, then proceeded to try to insult and demean her. But even the part of the media that Don John despises covers him constantly. The free press has been one of Don John’s targets and he has been able to spread absolute lies that are believed by a large portion of our fellow Americans. Don John has taken over much of the press, and is diligently continuing to attack the rest of it. (He will continue.)

Yes we do have an election process going on. This is a final vestige of hope that Don John’s dictatorship can be ended. It is a forlorn hope because, Don John now has the power to break any laws to achieve what he wants for himself. I don’t know how we can have a free and fair election, if Don John uses his newly blessed by the Senate power of abusing the powers of his office anyhow he wishes. (Maybe it is possible. Maybe whatever he tries to do to rig the election can be undermined. It is a last hope.)

As far as the supposed checks and balances of 3 branches of govt., Don John has built the power of the executive branch immensely. He has neutered the Congress’s constitutional power of executive oversight. He owns the Senate and colludes with the Senate Majority leader. He has been appointing his own lackeys as District Court Justices, at an unprecedented rate. He has appointed another hard right SCOTUS Justice and is set to further influence the Supreme Court with any future appointment opportunity.

Don John cares nothing about the Constitution. He only cares about how it can help him get his way, and otherwise, how he can ignore it. He broke his oath to the Constitution, the moment he was sworn in.

So what is a dictator? I suggest that it is anyone who is in the top executive position in his nation’s government, who has dictatorial powers and uses them.

So, in Don John’s case, what are his dictatorial powers? He is ABOVE THE LAW (including the Supreme Law of the land, the Constitution). IOW, he can defy, contradict, ignore, lie about, piss on, etc., ANY law that he wishes, without suffering any negative consequences.

Don John has shown his propensity for using power in an autocratic fashion. His admiration for world dictators has also been displayed consistently.

Yes, thanks Seduisant. I imagine that dictators thrive when corruption takes hold anywhere. Corruption in political office, being whenever someone uses their official positions in order to benefit themselves rather than the citizens.

It amazed me when I came to the realization, not long ago, that Trumpublicans actually VALUE corruption. That notion was so alien to me, that it had never occurred to me to even consider it, previously. The believe in their hearts that corruption is a GOOD thing.

Don John’s transformation in to an obvious full fledged dictator is still a work in progress. But he has made the critical headway toward his goal. The sham Impeachment “trial” in the Senate, which concludes today, has solidified his tactic of obstructing any investigation. He was actually enabled by his Senate Trumpublicans in this obstruction. (He can count on them.) He was shown to have been guilty, by the evidence presented, but that didn’t matter. What matters is that he did what he did, and what he continues to do, and he suffered no negative consequences. He has essentially been officially given the dictatorial power of being ABOVE THE LAW, by the sham Impeachment. So, now, it is without question that Impeachment itself cannot touch Don John.

@seduisant3579 I don’t know what you mean by “oops!” My reply was in response to Write4U’s comment.

Oneguy said, “Let’s see, we have a free press, several active political parties that are campaigning against the current “dictator”, 3 distinct branches of government and a constitution that establishes limits on the “dictator’s” office.” TimB replies, You have not been paying attention. Don John our DOTUS, has control of a large part of the “free press”. He uses his office as a perch from which to call what remains of the press “fake news” and “enemies of the people”. He limits access often times to news agencies that he doesn’t like. His Sec of State recently cursed out an NPR reporter for asking a legitimate question, then proceeded to try to insult and demean her. But even the part of the media that Don John despises covers him constantly. The free press has been one of Don John’s targets and he has been able to spread absolute lies that are believed by a large portion of our fellow Americans. Don John has taken over much of the press, and is diligently continuing to attack the rest of it. (He will continue.)
If he controlled the media then the numerous anti-Trump media outlets would not exist. Besides, all American citizens have the right to not cooperate with media -- including elected officials.
Yes we do have an election process going on. This is a final vestige of hope that Don John’s dictatorship can be ended. It is a forlorn hope because, Don John now has the power to break any laws to achieve what he wants for himself. I don’t know how we can have a free and fair election, if Don John uses his newly blessed by the Senate power of abusing the powers of his office anyhow he wishes. (Maybe it is possible. Maybe whatever he tries to do to rig the election can be undermined. It is a last hope.) As far as the supposed checks and balances of 3 branches of govt., Don John has built the power of the executive branch immensely. He has neutered the Congress’s constitutional power of executive oversight. He owns the Senate and colludes with the Senate Majority leader.
The power of the executive branch is exactly the same as it was before January 2017. Trump just makes it seem more frightening to your side.
He has been appointing his own lackeys as District Court Justices, at an unprecedented rate. He has appointed another hard right SCOTUS Justice and is set to further influence the Supreme Court with any future appointment opportunity.
Which is within his authority as president. All presidents appoint justices that suit their own political stances. Remember Obama appointing the "wise Latina" Sotomayor to bring more nonwhite perspective to the supreme court.
Don John cares nothing about the Constitution. He only cares about how it can help him get his way, and otherwise, how he can ignore it. He broke his oath to the Constitution, the moment he was sworn in. So what is a dictator? I suggest that it is anyone who is in the top executive position in his nation’s government, who has dictatorial powers and uses them. So, in Don John’s case, what are his dictatorial powers? He is ABOVE THE LAW (including the Supreme Law of the land, the Constitution). IOW, he can defy, contradict, ignore, lie about, piss on, etc., ANY law that he wishes, without suffering any negative consequences. Don John has shown his propensity for using power in an autocratic fashion. His admiration for world dictators has also been displayed consistently.
Complete nonsense. You are unhinged.

@Mriana, I tought you talked about @TimB post as a fake trial. Sorry.

@TimB, what you are saying about Trump and corruption is exactly the same thing we are living here. There are various reasons why African continent is generally poor and corruption is on the top list. Corruption+Super religiosity. More churches than schools, more worship places than hospitals, etc. Plus, in some african countries, the american christian zealots and fundamentalists export this thing called “prayer breakfast” and Netflix showed it very well Watch The Family | Netflix Official Site

Xian Dominionism is very bad, but those who force on a country think its a good thing. The Xian extremists control everything, including the courts, government (not just the courts), schools, everything. They make the rules and since pretty much, if not all, crimes is death… guess what, you could be killed for not praying to their god. Thus why they cracked down on Kilpatrick, the football player, for kneeling in protest during the National Anthem. He lost his career because the head of the Dominion (the dotard) ordered it. Can’t get much closer to death than that, but he had every right to kneel in protest under the Constitution. He wasn’t being violent with his protest and he was, IMO, very justified. Still the Dominionists won’t allow anything that goes against their views and until other religious groups, who aren’t Dominionists, wise up, they’ll go along with it because they see it as Xian until it’s too late and they realize they were had. Some groups within more liberal Xian groups, like Lutherans and Episcopalians, see it already.