How Do You Keep Your Spirits Up?

I have no idea what a project called, “Donald Hoffman Playing Basketball In Microgravity”
Stay tuned, everything is conspiring to keep me from working on it, but I keep plugging away and providence willing . . . ;-)

I haven’t gone into the weeds of it yet, but I think the Hoffman stuff is a good thing for you to bounce ideas off of.

I agree, I bought the audio early last year and listened to a little over half way through before had enough, tired of getting my leg pulled and being made to feel a fool for listening to him, and finally stopped and I put it down. Then early this summer a neighbor friend, retired nurse and fan of science (and her science loving retired paramedic captain), asked if I’d ever heard Hoffman or this book “Case Against Reality,” she thought it would be right up my alley and spoke very glowingly.

I don’t remember names of poop, so it wasn’t until I got home and looked it up, that I remembered I already had it in my collection. So I had to listen to it and had a couple long solo drives down to AZ to do it in. Riled me up something fierce. Then I listened to it again making notes, but that didn’t work and Kindle is too weird, so I got the hardcopy and read through it while taking notes. I’ve probably got five different introductions to the project. Tough to write about, so many ways to go at it, especially considering that I don’t even make any sense to you folks. But, onward I go, time permitting.

The book is definitely an excellent vehicle for bouncing my ideas off - perhaps, Hoffman being a good pitcher for me, might be a better metaphor.

"spiker eyes"
I'm a dummy. You obviously meant "spider", but I just spent a 45 minute lunch looking all over the internet for what "spiker eyes" could be. At first I thought it might be a local term for a kind of rodent or bird. That didn't pan out so I tried to find out if "spiker eyes" is a kind of stone or mineral that could reflect light.

Only after I made my own ‘mirror’ typo (where the right finger on the wrong hand hits the key) did I realize you meant spider. My brain can’t see the forest for the trees sometimes. Oh well, I read some cool stuff about night vision in animals.

spider, spiker - geez, well it was late after a long day.

You know I’m notorious for typos, so I used my right middle finger to pound that key, instead of the left one. Sorry about that.

It was definitely a spider, nothing quite so exotic as spiker around these parts, gotta go down into trumpville to find them things.

I still think of that sliver of emerald glint, it was a trip.

In fact just stepped in from Maddy second to last walk of the night. Love these full moon periods, don’t even use the flashlight most the time. Especially not on clear nights, well except for the wisps of smoke, it’s weird it doesn’t just get mixed, it’s more like massive, if tenuous, wispy ribbons of gray streaming east.

The texture of the landscape and the shades and hues of moon beams and moon shadows, that’s always fun to be in. Every day I get to mediate on my incredible fortune to be living out on this land, ever night is fill with thanks to the universe. While the greater world burns, literally, and within people minds and psyches. It’s difficult watching the news of American society’s meltdown into utter disconnect from common decency, FairPlay, and the natural world that we depend upon for everything, and against each other, as witness by the masses embracing lies and belligerence and frankly totalitarianism like f’n for real this time.

Wait, I was thinking good thoughts. Ooooommmmmmm