How do I know if I am a psychic ?

It was meant to get at the truth of reality. IT does stop suffering, but it stops a lot of other things as well.

Now what is void ? Is there really such a thing ? I know some things about the astral world , and though my knowlwdge is way back before my birth , I remember nothing of that kind .

It’s the use of our imagination since you don’t actually feel the pain of another, you just imagine it. IT’s a lie.
In this sentence, you misuse the words "imagine", "feel", and "lie". No neuroscience necessary here, just basic words that everyone uses. Why is "America Funniest Home Videos" still on TV? It's outlived it's own title, who calls them "home videos" anymore? But we love watching people fall down and bump their heads, because we feel it. How else would you describe that?
Captain Nemo said; Now what is void ? Is there really such a thing ? I know some things about the astral world , and though my knowlwdge is way back before my birth , I remember nothing of that kind .
Looks like you answered your own question.
In this sentence, you misuse the words “imagine”, “feel”, and “lie”. No neuroscience necessary here, just basic words that everyone uses. Why is “America Funniest Home Videos” still on TV? It’s outlived it’s own title, who calls them “home videos” anymore? But we love watching people fall down and bump their heads, because we feel it. How else would you describe that?
Still our imagination. Because that isn't actually happening to us. Once I realized that such reactions stopped happening with me.
Once I realized that such reactions stopped happening with me.
Then you've achieved something no one else has, so I don't believe you. You've possibly suppressed your emotions and you've probably stopped looking for ways to find joy and risk sadness. That would explain the depression, or the depression led to that, I'm not sure which since I'm not diagnosing you.

No, it’s simply the result of recognizing that empathy is little more than just your imagination.

Xain said; No, it’s simply the result of recognizing that empathy is little more than just your imagination.
No Xain, empathy has nothing to do with imagination (that is the domain of sympathy). Empathy is not a product of conscious thought but of cognition and immediate chemical neural response. It is purely reactive and not the product of choice.

Have you ever winced at seeing someone getting hurt? Stub their toe, or hit their thumb with a hammer, or getting a fingeer caught in a closing door?

If you have ever responded to seeing someone hurt themselves, have you ever wondered why you should wince? You did not get hurt, yet your physical reponse was the same as in the person who did experience the pain.

Have you ever salivated watching someone eat a tasty tidbit? Why would you salivate (preparing to chew) if it was someone else who was eating? As a passenger, have you ever pressed the floor in a braking action when presented with a sudden traffic stop?

If you have ever had any of those spontaneous reactions while watching someone else physically experiencing something, those were empathic responses, completely involuntary reactions to an observation of something that did not physically involve you.

This reaction is caused by your mirror neural network, the part of the brain that allows for cognition of an extraordinary event and an immediate chemical physical auto-response to that cognition. This is really a very old instinct, related to the instantaneous instinctual “fight or flight” auto-response .

If you deny having had these involuntary auto-responses, then you are either not telling the truth or you have a mental deficit such as autism, which I highly doubt from your ability to communicate coherently.

Mirror neuron

A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another.[1][2][3] Thus, the neuron "mirrors" the behavior of the other, as though the observer were itself acting. Such neurons have been directly observed in primate species.

Neuroscientists such as Marco Iacoboni (UCLA) have argued that mirror neuron systems in the human brain help us understand the actions and intentions of other people. In a study published in March 2005 Iacoboni and his colleagues reported that mirror neurons could discern whether another person who was picking up a cup of tea planned to drink from it or clear it from the table.[14] In addition, Iacoboni has argued that mirror neurons are the neural basis of the human capacity for emotions such as empathy.

Some anatomical differences have been found in the mirror neuron related brain areas in adults with autism spectrum disorders, compared to non-autistic adults. All these cortical areas were thinner and the degree of thinning was correlated with autism symptom severity, a correlation nearly restricted to these brain regions.[94] Based on these results, some researchers claim that autism is caused by impairments in the mirror neuron system, leading to disabilities in social skills, imitation, empathy and theory of mind.

Now this instantaneous auto-response may seem as if it is a psychic ability and in a sense it is. But it is triggered only by observation of an incident or by observation of a situation that may lead to an accident. But unless you are personally witness to a (pending) event any “premonition” has no basis in fact.

Xain,

You’ve gone from wondering about this no self thing and saying you can’t counter the arguments to suddenly saying you have overcome suffering and freed yourself from feelings. Seems a bit implausible.

No, it’s simply the result of recognizing that empathy is little more than just your imagination.
How can it be "just" imagination when it impacts other people? Or do you make them up too?
Have you ever winced at seeing someone getting hurt? Stub their toe, or hit their thumb with a hammer, or getting a fingeer caught in a closing door?

If you have ever responded to seeing someone hurt themselves, have you ever wondered why you should wince? You did not get hurt, yet your physical reponse was the same as in the person who did experience the pain.

Have you ever salivated watching someone eat a tasty tidbit? Why would you salivate (preparing to chew) if it was someone else who was eating? As a passenger, have you ever pressed the floor in a braking action when presented with a sudden traffic stop?

I used to but then I stopped when I realized that they aren’t me and I’m not the one getting hurt, that it was just may imagination (something most people don’t realize). Your Mirror Neuron claim doesn’t seem as solid or explanatory as you think. It’s purely our imagination that results in empathy because, as I have said, you cannot truly feel the pain of another